If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah nah nah LOL. I know I can get quite OCD about things but I plan on using 'em to work on my own stuff whenever I need them. Just want to take good care of them is all. :):thumbs-up:
I don't have a hope in hell of keeping my tools shiny at work. It's the red dust, it gets everywhere. It stains too. I could clean something and it'll be dirty before I finish. Some of the chemicals I work with make my tools rust too. I'll give them a quick wipe with a rag but that's as far as I go. Sometimes I'll spray them with WD40.

Got all the parts to put new struts and shocks on my Titan, along with a spring compressor that I'm totally intimidated by😯 My work truck turned 20 last month, longest I've ever owned one vehicle, so I tuned her up with new coil packs and plugs. Now I'll take on these struts!
I've lived a decent life, so what if I leave with a massive 4x4 Python like coil spring wrapped around my head, it might be a good look for me😍

coil.gif

Got all the parts to put new struts and shocks on my Titan, along with a spring compressor that I'm totally intimidated by😯 My work truck turned 20 last month, longest I've ever owned one vehicle, so I tuned her up with new coil packs and plugs. Now I'll take on these struts!
I've lived a decent life, so what if I leave with a massive 4x4 Python like coil spring wrapped around my head, it might be a good look for me😍

View attachment 187700

Just make sure you aim it away from any other people or structures 😁

That’s how it usually turns out for me. If you always caught fish it would be called catching not fishing.
There was one time, I found this honey hole. I would drop a Texas rigged rubber worm, and I would get a bass hook-up on every single cast. After about 30min, and about 30 1.5-2.5lb largemouth, I was actually bored. First and only time in my life I got bored because I was catching too many fish!
Well, this situation has never occurred again. Last time I went out fishing last year, I didn't so much as get a nibble. Oh well, that's fishing.

There was one time, I found this honey hole. I would drop a Texas rigged rubber worm, and I would get a bass hook-up on every single cast. After about 30min, and about 30 1.5-2.5lb largemouth, I was actually bored. First and only time in my life I got bored because I was catching too many fish!
Well, this situation has never occurred again. Last time I went out fishing last year, I didn't so much as get a nibble. Oh well, that's fishing.
Did the same thing, but it was 3 of us fishing for Catfish. We dropped a 40 pound bag of milo in a spot in the lake and set the GPS location so we could find it in a couple of weeks. Went back, and were pulling fish in 3 at a time, and people close to us couldn't believe what they were seeing! Didn't really get bored though,,, lol

I get bored catching Crappie after while but I don't stop until the cooler is full or they quit biting.

I'm going out here in a little bit and spraying Roundup and weed-be-gone.
I needed a good warm day and today it's going to be almost 80f.

It's quite depressing and a shame I can't even walk around the yard, I had to call my daughter. :(
Well, you don't need to be breathing that roundup crap anyway. I feel ya man. Hang in there.

It was a slow start today. I felt sluggish and just didn't feel like doing anything except chill on the couch. Probably a side effect of a few too many adult beverages the night before.
I hate wasting a day away, so around noon I made myself be productive. First up was to install a doorbell camera. Install was straightforward and software setup was without issues. With the doorbell camera done, I swapped out the front storm door's glass for the screen.
While I was working on the storm door, my new throwing axes, from Amazon, arrived. So, my productivity priorities changed. I had an idea for a new axe targeting system. I took logs from a couple of dead trees I'd down a couple of years ago, and stacked a bunch of them onto the kids' old swing set. Oh, that dead tree with all the missing bark is also an axe targeting system.
20240414_154307.jpg

20240414_172602.jpg

20240414_172437.jpg

My staycation ends today, so after getting the car washed I spent the afternoon running errands and shopping. After that, I expended quite a bit of elbow grease cleaning the Weber kettle grill's grate. Turned out to be a much tougher chore than I figured it was going to be. I had to ulitilze a steel brush attachment on my hand-held power grinder. That stainless steel grate is nice and clean now!
Once that was done, I wanted to do something fun. So, I grabbed the new throwing axes and attempted to slay the zombie tree.
20240415_153436.jpg

Back