If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a ford guy but I was pulling for McDowell :nailbiting:

The "big project" for today was installing the backyard security cam. But, as I was about to start the task, I noticed a bunch of dandelions popped up since I cleared the lawn of 'em on just 2 days ago. Well, I don't want to get out of hand to the point of having to use chemical. So, once I again I swept the entire lawn with my old, trusty Weed Hound. I actually find it rather satisfying yanking out an entire weed with this device. Mission accomplished in less than minutes!
I decided to place my new security cam on top of the shed. This vantage gave a full view of the lawn and takes full advantage of the sun for solar powering.
It would have been simple to hang the cam on the shed's eaves, but placing it on the roof makes it a lot harder to tamper with. This install took a bit of time, but it was kinda fun getting to use my compound miter power saw again.
After the cam install, I headed to Walmart to pick up groceries and a few things, including a micro SD card for the cam. Washed the Impreza on the way home.
20240421_113023.jpg

20240421_133631.jpg

20240421_133714.jpg

20240421_115400.jpg

The "big project" for today was installing the backyard security cam. But, as I was about to start the task, I noticed a bunch of dandelions popped up since I cleared the lawn of 'em on just 2 days ago. Well, I don't want to get out of hand to the point of having to use chemical. So, once I again I swept the entire lawn with my old, trusty Weed Hound. I actually find it rather satisfying yanking out an entire weed with this device. Mission accomplished in less than minutes!
I decided to place my new security cam on top of the shed. This vantage gave a full view of the lawn and takes full advantage of the sun for solar powering.
It would have been simple to hang the cam on the shed's eaves, but placing it on the roof makes it a lot harder to tamper with. This install took a bit of time, but it was kinda fun getting to use my compound miter power saw again.
After the cam install, I headed to Walmart to pick up groceries and a few things, including a micro SD card for the cam. Washed the Impreza on the way home.
View attachment 188327
View attachment 188325
View attachment 188324
View attachment 188326
Nice work bud.

Very cool. I bet the very beginning was a bit tricky. He did a great job!
No, the opposite actually. It got more tricky towards the end. It got harder and awkward to move around as it got heavier. As it was closing up it was harder to weld from the inside also. Most of the welds are on the inside of the sphere.

No, the opposite actually. It got more tricky towards the end. It got harder and awkward to move around as it got heavier. As it was closing up it was harder to weld from the inside also. Most of the welds are on the inside of the sphere.
He should have added a hatch to it, like on a submarine 😅

Took the Impreza to the dealership for an oil change after work today. Typically, I would do my own oil change, after the extended warranty expires.
When I got home from the dealership, I played with my throwing axes for a bit.
20240423_180525.jpg

Took the Impreza to the dealership for an oil change after work today. Typically, I would do my own oil change, after the extended warranty expires.
When I got home from the dealership, I played with my throwing axes for a bit.
View attachment 188461

Would you please stop posting these 🤣 you making me wanna go get some axes and I don’t know if that’s a good idea with my kids 🤣 I mean I trust em on our gun range, but I don’t know about this 🤣🤣🤣

Would you please stop posting these 🤣 you making me wanna go get some axes and I don’t know if that’s a good idea with my kids 🤣 I mean I trust em on our gun range, but I don’t know about this 🤣🤣🤣
Stop babying them! They must be ready for the zombiepocalypse!
Speaking of zombie defense, these bad boys arrived just a little while ago.
20240423_201154.jpg

Last edited:
Back