If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I hate a day off from work where I get little to nothing done. Don't get me wrong, there are days off, after working 60 hours, where it is beneficial to just relax. No over time last week and yesterday was a rest day. So, I'm fully rested today, and have a to-do list of things I want to scratch off.
Unlike yesterday, today was sunny and dry. Started with a workout on the treadmill this morning. After a shower and a high caloric, chicken parm ziti lunch, I attacked the leaves on the lawn. With about an acre of lawn, and steady, stiff wind, the chore took extra time. Once the leaf blower was put away, I packed away a number of outside things in preparation for winter.
Next up, was a thorough cleaning of the Impreza's interior and all the glass. Not a fan of car interior cleaning, but I do love the dust free, shiny results! Ok, clean lawn, clean car.....what's next?
My younger daughter has been complaining about how dark and creepy her parking space by the shed abutting the woods is after dark. So, I installed a solar, motion sensored led light system on the shed. It got delivered from Amazon while I was cleaning the car. Her space should now have plenty of lighting at night. Last chore of the day was cleaning the pellet stove.
Very satisfied with this productive day, so now it's time for dinner and football!

It's a good feeling to get chores checked off the list and no longer looming over you. Today was regular household chores, gather trash vacuum dust etc. Also did a bit of reading, surfed the forums (obviously), played with the cats, they can wear you out! Next weekend I intend on getting some rc time in, so I am trying to catch up on chores.

If I didn't do any RC
Hmm
I would probably stay inside, video games, phone, TV, I would probably be better in school (grades wise) tbh .
During the summer I wouldn't be going to the track alot and or bashing outside so not getting lots of exercise in, but casually during the summer I do ride bikes around, we might go out and play some tennis or basketball once in a while.
What would I be into if I wasn't into RC?
Not really sure. Go karts? Paintball? My uncle did paint ball, looks fun. Go karts seem more fun, but all of those are more expensive. Maybe play my sax more? Maybe get into some guitar stuff? Endless possibilities.

I hate a day off from work where I get little to nothing done. Don't get me wrong, there are days off, after working 60 hours, where it is beneficial to just relax. No over time last week and yesterday was a rest day. So, I'm fully rested today, and have a to-do list of things I want to scratch off.
Unlike yesterday, today was sunny and dry. Started with a workout on the treadmill this morning. After a shower and a high caloric, chicken parm ziti lunch, I attacked the leaves on the lawn. With about an acre of lawn, and steady, stiff wind, the chore took extra time. Once the leaf blower was put away, I packed away a number of outside things in preparation for winter.
Next up, was a thorough cleaning of the Impreza's interior and all the glass. Not a fan of car interior cleaning, but I do love the dust free, shiny results! Ok, clean lawn, clean car.....what's next?
My younger daughter has been complaining about how dark and creepy her parking space by the shed abutting the woods is after dark. So, I installed a solar, motion sensored led light system on the shed. It got delivered from Amazon while I was cleaning the car. Her space should now have plenty of lighting at night. Last chore of the day was cleaning the pellet stove.
Very satisfied with this productive day, so now it's time for dinner and football!
Sounds like a good busy day. Relax and enjoy the games.
I played my guitar all day while watching the games. I can't enough of it but that's a good thing. The wife loves it when I play. "guitar" you pervs "guitar". :cool:
Most of mine today was trying my hardest to get rid of this terrible sickness.

If I didn't do any RC
Hmm
I would probably stay inside, video games, phone, TV, I would probably be better in school (grades wise) tbh .
During the summer I wouldn't be going to the track alot and or bashing outside so not getting lots of exercise in, but casually during the summer I do ride bikes around, we might go out and play some tennis or basketball once in a while.
What would I be into if I wasn't into RC?
Not really sure. Go karts? Paintball? My uncle did paint ball, looks fun. Go karts seem more fun, but all of those are more expensive. Maybe play my sax more? Maybe get into some guitar stuff? Endless possibilities.
The thread is about what non-rc thing you did today.

My son played the sax throughout middle school. When he first said he wanted to play sax for a school instrument, I figured he would be done with it in a couple of months. Well, I was wrong, he was actually pretty good! The music teacher even put him in a four piece ensemble called Tempo Tantrum.
Unfortunately, he quit in high school because the music teacher required them to also do marching band. My girls, who both played the flute, also quit because of the same reason.
I wished this wasn't the case, but it's their program. They lose a lot of kids because of this requirement.

The thread is about what non-rc thing you did today.
Oops, lol

I tried marching band earlier this year, wasn't my thing, but my friend did it. Trying to get concert band on my schedule next year since it's too late now, but after a year of not playing I don't feel like I'll be good enough. But it is what it is. I already have so much to do anyways.

What non RC stuff did I do today? Well minus being on here and talking RC and wrenching I was lazy all day, really didn't do anything. Stayed inside, caught up on my shows, organized my setup. And that's it. It's Sunday so nothing much.
PXL_20231119_173802242.jpg

That's weird, our high school, marching band is a different program than music class.
My son started to play the Sax but didn't last at all and my younget daughter played the flute.
She was pretty good with it but quit after she graduated.

That's weird, our high school, marching band is a different program than music class.
My son started to play the Sax but didn't last at all and my younget daughter played the flute.
She was pretty good with it but quit after she graduated.
My younger cousin just started playing the clarinet.(5th grade) I might dig the sax out of the closet and play with her. I just need to ask her a copy of the music.

That's the beauty of the internet, I have a big folder full of guitar songs I printed off the web.
You really should get back into it David. Music is a awesome stress reliever.

Sounds like a good busy day. Relax and enjoy the games.
I played my guitar all day while watching the games. I can't enough of it but that's a good thing. The wife loves it when I play. "guitar" you pervs "guitar". :cool:
Most of mine today was trying my hardest to get rid of this terrible sickness.
I'm still plucking away. I've been using Mrs. X old cheapo acoustic more than the electric. I've been playing about 15-20min everyday. Nothing serious, just having fun.

You see what I'm seeing back there?

PXL_20231120_005249403.jpg

My.grandpas old strat
This pic was taking during those covid times, yes my hair was out of whack with staying inside 24/7 🤣 I should have blur out my feet, no one wants to see that
It's probably out of tune by like 17 years.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1700441622102.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700441622102.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 25
  • FB_IMG_1700441626500.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700441626500.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 25
You see what I'm seeing back there?

View attachment 175259
My.grandpas old strat
This pic was taking during those covid times, yes my hair was out of whack with staying inside 24/7 🤣 I should have blur out my feet, no one wants to see that
Haley Joel Osment Movie GIF

My.grandpas old strat
It's probably out of tune by like 17 years.
Dude, less than $30 will get you a set of new strings and an electric tuner, and get that fine piece of family heirloom breathing again!

Last edited:
Back