How do you transport your RCs and RC stuff to the track?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
This goes out to all of the racers on here. Like the title says, how do you transport your RCs to the track? Right now I currently have this: Integy hauler bag The only thing I don't like about it is I broke the handle off and now I can't use the extendable handle to roll behind me. I also have a couple of back packs for any other stuff like batteries, charger, parts/tools. My uncle uses this: Atomik RC Pit hauler Works good for him and has alot of drawers and space for extra parts and all. There are others like the Protek and proline haulers which are the same just different designs. The thing that I don't like is the price. Is there any other ways on how to transport your RCs? There is this Protek 1/10 buggy/truggy carrier but only does the car not any other things. (I don't want any hudy stuff, they to expensive) Also want some other bags for like diff/shock oils, radio case and some other things. But what I have right now should work out if I am only going to the track once a month or 2. Cause that's the only times I could go in a month. (1 due to my schedule and how far away the track is)

A "long" milk crate is my go-to, also protects the car nicely and can be stacked for storage. Pictured is a 1/10 onroad, but it also fits 1/10 Buggy, MT, and Rally 1/8ths (basically an onroad body stuck on a 1/10 buggy), but 1/10 SCT are slightly too long. They still fit, but with one end sticking "up"

A 1/8 buggy will fit with the wheels & wing removed.

20221227_155239.jpg

I've used a old hockey bag for years . best bang for your buck if you have a youth hockey league near you as I do. 25$ built to be abused and still never fail.

Will probably stick with the hauler and backpacks that I have right now. If I get into racing more and more and like go to the track every weekend then I will get one of those bigger haulers. I have 2 crates in the back of the basement but there not the long ones. I do have some duffle bags around the house to might use those as well.
This also reminds me that I should get a new suit case for vacation later this year. The one I have is literally falling apart.

The hauler I have right now has a good amount of space. This was my slash with 2 radios and extra parts and there is still more room. Also there is 2 extra pockets out front of the hauler. I think I'll use this until I get more and more into racing.

Screenshot_20221227-183027.png

PXL_20221227_232802014.jpg

PXL_20221227_232725449.jpg

I’ve been thinking this one over myself. I need to swing by Lowe’s or Depot to look over the rolling/ stackable tool boxes. It’s either that or a tote with smaller tackle boxes to organize all the stuff we are accumulating. We’ve definitely outgrown our small tool box we started out with….

When I raced nitro boats I had a Chevy van, 4 boats, two field boxes, a canopy and table and chairs. Not to mention fuel, parts, food and drinks.
Now when I go fun run a boat I have a rusty Mazda Miata. I use this car because the trunk floor has a space that my field box fits in perfect and I put the boat leaning on the passenger seat.

My rc cars, I have a fabric tote that holds tools, fuel and parts. I use my Toyota Solara.
I don't run my nitro stuff like others do so I don't need much. I run at a college parking lot that was just redone and is empty on weekends.
Once the particular car is set up I leave it and learn it's limitations (Basically I learn how to drive it) so I don't have to keep changing it up after I find a set up that works for me. My cars are very loose but for me it mimics a nitro Deep Vee so a loose car is normal for me.

Just bought the Harbor Freight packout. I really like the design. Alot cheaper than the name brand offerings. I love the ability to customize.

I finally pulled the trigger on a rolling toolbox. It’s a Rigid, which is Home Depot’s house brand. I got the base which is a 25” box with detachable wheels/handle, this makes it easier for me to transport. I also picked up a parts organizer which is 22”. The boxes securely attach to one another, and you can keep adding different compatible boxes as needed. I can’t fit a car in the current set up, but we’ve managed to fill it with most all essentials, and 3 radios. Could probably squeeze mini a in there also. So far very happy, always feels good to have your stuff organized

I have a big ol rolling toolbox for spares, tires and tools. And a big plastic Ikea bag that fits an SCT or two, and is easy to hose off or just shake the dust out.

This goes out to all of the racers on here. Like the title says, how do you transport your RCs to the track? Right now I currently have this: Integy hauler bag The only thing I don't like about it is I broke the handle off and now I can't use the extendable handle to roll behind me. I also have a couple of back packs for any other stuff like batteries, charger, parts/tools. My uncle uses this: Atomik RC Pit hauler Works good for him and has alot of drawers and space for extra parts and all. There are others like the Protek and proline haulers which are the same just different designs. The thing that I don't like is the price. Is there any other ways on how to transport your RCs? There is this Protek 1/10 buggy/truggy carrier but only does the car not any other Ask AI Mod APK Premium Unlocked. (I don't want any hudy stuff, they to expensive) Also want some other bags for like diff/shock oils, radio case and some other things. But what I have right now should work out if I am only going to the track once a month or 2. Cause that's the only times I could go in a month. (1 due to my schedule and how far away the track is)
Here are a few options to consider:

Hauler Bags: As you mentioned, hauler bags are a popular option for transporting RCs to the track. They typically come with compartments for the car, batteries, charger, parts, and tools. However, they can be quite expensive and may not be durable in the long run.

Backpacks: If you only need to transport a few things, backpacks can be a good option. They're usually cheaper than hauler bags and are easy to carry around. However, they may not have as much storage space as hauler bags.

Totes: Plastic totes can be a cheap and effective way to transport RCs. They're usually durable and have plenty of space for the car, batteries, and tools. However, they may not have compartments like hauler bags or backpacks.

Toolboxes: If you have a lot of tools and parts to transport, a toolbox can be a good option. They come in various sizes and are usually very durable. However, they may not have compartments for the car or batteries.

DIY Solutions: If you're on a tight budget, you can always make your own RC transport solution. For example, you could use a cardboard box with some padding or a duffel bag with compartments.

Last edited:
Thought I would follow up on my post. This is my packout from harbor freight. So far i love it. Top box holds my buggy. middle box tools and misc. Bottom holds charger transmitter, cleaning stuff, pit light and so on. The total was about $130 with membership. Abot 140 without.
20230427_155436.jpg

A suitcase. Unfortunately my suitcase doesn’t fit SCTs fully assembled so bumpers are coming off and bodies in one large suitcase. I also have a 5.11 Tactical Small Kit Tool Bag that fits a Venom dual charger in the main compartment perfectly, and the side pockets are perfect for tools and parts. Unfortunately it doesn’t fit my ProTek LiPo sack so that’s going in my carry-on. I also have a Daiso toolbox for my Slash Ultimate bc that’s my main truck, holding stock tools and spare parts. In a week I’ll see how well it works out traveling.

I will take pictures when I get home. But I am using my integy hauler to transport all of my parts and things like radio, batteries, charger, oils, tires, ect. I also have these little organizer or drawer things which I use a lot.
I got an actual rc hauler on my birthday / xmas list for this year (ProTek hauler)