The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 414ML bottle of coke-a-cola. And a role of IPEX 3/4 water piping. I cut the one that goes to the hot water tank twice and it's still too short!

Well then quit cuttin' it!! It's only going to get shorter! :)

Measure twice; cut once. That way you make sure that it's too short. :p:

^finaly fixed my water issue. Imagine my surprise when flushed the toilet and the bowl started to steam. Yes I did manage to screw up the tubing that goes to my bathroom sink and toilet bowl, somehow I had dual cold water at the bathroom sink faucet, and hot water in the toilet bowl,and get this if I had remembered to re-install the hangers before I made my first cut I couldv'e gotten away with just swapping the lines....More or less.

Oh ya, picked up some barbed-wire, and 300 posts

Last edited:
I spent a butt load on dirt, plants, mulch, watering system with timer, and the most important part of all LABOR....Because I'm not touching any of it! We put in all dwarf evergreens so the winter won't kill them and they won't get big enough to need trimming! The landscaper said we have things that will bloom at different times of the year including winter, they will always be green and we should have blooming flowers of some sort all year long.

HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!

TrakPower TK-950 Soldering Station

Nice station for the price, I bought one of those in December and I love it! It has been great for all of my rc needs, and repairing wiring on the boat trailer.

Last edited:
At least you have an excuse to go back to the LHS, NB. Maybe they'll have a new Losi gasser or the Savage Octane to tempt you....

Nice station for the price, I bought one of those in December and I love it! It has been great for all of my rc needs, and repairing wiring on the boat trailer.

I'm loving it already man. Took me about 20 minutes to put ends on 3 batteries and a new charge lead...really a nice piece of equipment

At least you have an excuse to go back to the LHS, NB. Maybe they'll have a new Losi gasser or the Savage Octane to tempt you....

Unfortunately bro, my LHS closed it's doors this past Saturday. Been dealing with that particular shop, 90% of my purchases, for over the past 10+ years. Owners had it open for a long time and had decided to retire. Real good people, down to earth, understood what it was like on the working man in this hobby. They were like family to me...was a sad day. But, i knew it was coming as we had been talking about it for the past few years. I'm kinda glad they retired though, they deserve to enjoy life and not worry about the store.

Losi Gasser has had my eye for awhile now...hehe

A front and rear set of HCR bulkheads for one of my maxxs.

Lone survivor, robocop, and the gaurdian

I with I just rented robocop, $20 to figure out its slighly better than the original.

2 Pandora charms, $200 Victoria's Secret gift card, dinner at Ruth's Chris

and a few bottles of powerade for rehydration. ;)

A losi 8ight T 3.0, losi e-conversion kit and Tekin RX8/T8 2250 KV motor. Going to convert this bad boy to electric!!!

20140529_202548_zps19e24bf9.jpg

A few days ago the battery in my truck died....$180
The very next day I was mowing and a rock hit the back door and broke the glass which happens to be sealed with the blinds inside....$250

Nothing better than dropping $430.00 unexpectedly. That's half of a Savage Octane!

a losi 8ight t 3.0, losi e-conversion kit and tekin rx8/t8 2250 kv motor. Going to convert this bad boy to electric!!!

20140529_202548_zps19e24bf9.gif

congrats!

A few days ago the battery in my truck died....$180
The very next day I was mowing and a rock hit the back door and broke the glass which happens to be sealed with the blinds inside....$250

Nothing better than dropping $430.00 unexpectedly. That's half of a Savage Octane!

That sucks man... I have been in your shoes... rock broke my door glass a few years back.

---------- Post added at 7:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:48 AM ----------

Another nitro bites the dust. I has a sad. :depress:

Not sad at all! I love nitro as much as the next guy, but with no lhs to buy nitro from, getting it shipped is a pain in the rear and expensive. So I run electric out of convenience really. I still have a few nitros on the shelf that I keep in running order just in case I run across a gallon in my travels!

---------- Post added at 7:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:51 AM ----------

congrats!

Thanks bro!! I'm excited. First kit I have bought in a year or so.