My RC Cars Build Thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finesavageboy2

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So it's finally here.. My build thread! This thread won't have just one car, it will have all of my cars! I feel like having a thread for each car is a waste of time and space (no offense). Anyways here are my cars and their upgrades...
Slash:
-HD lower arms all around
-RPM rear hubs and caster blocks
-EHD Axles
- Knock-off brushless esc and motor combo
- knock-off steering bulkhead
- Knock-off tires
-LCG chassis
-new receiver box
-new transmission
-2 bodies
-proline body mounts
-new bulkhead
- 83 tooth 48p spur
23 tooth pinion
-clutch eliminator
-diff locker
There is probably other stuf I can't remember... but onto the next

Stampede:
- 23 tooth pinion
-Arrma 550 mega esc
-metal front bumper
Early model tqi out of a xmaxx
-wheelie bar
As you know it is my first rc car and is the least upgraded.
I have fifty dollars. What is one, or some things i can buy for either one?

20231119_171719.jpg

20231119_171641.jpg

20231119_171600.jpg

20231119_171654.jpg

well... i abuse them and they seem hold up. I really don't drive my stampede alot, so its pretty clean. But my slash on the other hand, I've jumped it over 7ft and doesn't break. the only things that are stock on the car are the shocks, shock towers, bumpers, and most of the screws.

I see someone else who slides around on a warehouse floor. Nice cars.

Hey, After beating my Slash yesterday, it broke. The diff locker came lose and it doesn't go anywhere. I can do this with my eyes closed because it seems like I take apart that stupid transmission every week. Got it back together this morning and waiting for time to run it. What I don't get about this is a\I glob locktite on the screws and they still seem to get loose. I've been thinking about buying a vxl system for it but this off brand brushless system blows the thing up instantly. Wondering what it would to if I had a vxl system in it.🤔

IMG_20231010_165942_01.jpg

The VXL is worse than the off brand system most likely,VXL likes to overheat, and there is no tune-able options (programming)
What screws are backing out? Does it go into plastic or metal? - if it goes into plastic, loctite won't work, and the plastic threads might be stripped out. I had the same problem, but this was for a sway bar mount screw for my wheeler, I used a bigger screw and its been holding in. If its going into metal, it should work, let it sit and cure for 24hrs and it should be fine, if not, i clean off the threads and the threads where it goes into.
Idk / have no experience with diff lockers or slipper delete so I got nothing for that.
How much voltage you are running? what kv motor? how do you drive / bash? Thats all I would put into on why it keeps loosing up or breaking.
I been into my transmission a couple times with both my rusty and slash. My rusty having the original 272 planetary diff/transmission, and my slash having the 272R with the sealed and geared diff/transmission. I mostly went in to clean up / maintenance or change diff fluids. I'm getting more into the racing side of things so stuff like that is critical for me.

The VXL is worse than the off brand system most likely,VXL likes to overheat, and there is no tune-able options (programming)
What screws are backing out? Does it go into plastic or metal? - if it goes into plastic, loctite won't work, and the plastic threads might be stripped out. I had the same problem, but this was for a sway bar mount screw for my wheeler, I used a bigger screw and its been holding in. If its going into metal, it should work, let it sit and cure for 24hrs and it should be fine, if not, i clean off the threads and the threads where it goes into.
Idk / have no experience with diff lockers or slipper delete so I got nothing for that.
How much voltage you are running? what kv motor? how do you drive / bash? Thats all I would put into on why it keeps loosing up or breaking.
I been into my transmission a couple times with both my rusty and slash. My rusty having the original 272 planetary diff/transmission, and my slash having the 272R with the sealed and geared diff/transmission. I mostly went in to clean up / maintenance or change diff fluids. I'm getting more into the racing side of things so stuff like that is critical for me.
its going into metal, but I havent tried to let it cure. I'll try that next time. Thanks for your help!:thumbs-up:

How do yall have problems with your transmissions? I have a bone stock transmission with a 40 tooth mod 1 spur with 23 tooth pinion and a max10 g2 2400kv combo running 4s all of the time. No problems what so ever.

How do yall have problems with your transmissions? I have a bone stock transmission with a 40 tooth mod 1 spur with 23 tooth pinion and a max10 g2 2400kv combo running 4s all of the time. No problems what so ever.
I like full throttle take offs and seeing how far I can leave marks. My slipper is tight. I also run 32p which is beefier then 48p. But I'm sure I have a gremlin in mine. I break a bunch then I go through a dry spell. Then I break parts again and so on.

One thing to know about this car is that I bought it off of facebook market place thinking it was really good shape, but was NOT. I spent $200 and is probably the worst buy I've ever had. Thats the reason why a few little thinggs are stock on this car.

I like full throttle take offs and seeing how far I can leave marks. My slipper is tight. I also run 32p which is beefier then 48p. But I'm sure I have a gremlin in mine. I break a bunch then I go through a dry spell. Then I break parts again and so on.
Gotcha

Thats exactly how I am LOL 🤣

If you look in my media, within a few months my copperhead destroyed the 3 gears on my locker of my 10.2 went to spin and I reved in neutral. 🤣
Thats exactly how I am LOL 🤣
I was testing my gyro and spinning my stampede on the warehouse. I let off and it whipped a hard left and tboned a shelf...... cut the esc wire. Esc was only a month or two old.

Attachments

• 20230728_122754.jpg
    20230728_122754.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 20
If you look in my media, within a few months my copperhead destroyed the 3 gears on my locker of my 10.2 went to spin and I reved in neutral. 🤣

I was testing my gyro and spinning my stampede on the warehouse. I let off and it whipped a hard left and tboned a shelf...... cut the esc wire. Esc was only a month or two old.
Lol

How many bodies have you gone through? I've already gone through 2!!

20231119_171641 (1).jpg

20231021_162150.jpg

20230505_174928.jpg

Back