Team Associated RB14 / 14T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Opinions? Dad has really been looking into one

Track practice / racing on indoor high bite carpet, and high bite indoor clay

Basher, mostly on baseball field, and sidewalk / street.

Maybe it can make a mini version of my 10th scale 4wd buggy.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

If I do look into one, and actually get one, most likely would do the following

ESC/Motor (Hobbywing Quickrun 16BL30 or Surpass Hobbies / King Val)

Steering servo (most likely a savox mini / micro servo?)

Personal RX/TX (RadioLink RC4GS V3 / RC8X)

Transponder (if racing) (MyLaps RC4)

Tires for appropriate surface

Aluminum shocks

and some setup changes (shock oils, diff oils, shock positions)

Sway bars???

Will upgrade if anything breaks.

Copied from Reddit Post:
Edit:
Also can go with the LC Racing EMB-1 1/14 4WD Buggy
Looks cool. But looks like a copy of the WLToys version? And parts support is none in person at hobby shops.

Here are some videos:

Last edited:
i like it. id throw in a LiPo and be fine.
according to one guy, its pretty fast on just 2s. it has a 4500kv motor so 3s would be fine (I think, the smaller size of the car may make up for that 500KV) it only can run 2s on the stock ESC tho. so a new ESC would be the first thing to get. we'd have to see if the servo, remote, and motor are worth getting rid of.

I've looked at them online before, and my preference would be the MT, but I like that they have center diffs, steel dog-bone drive shafts and come with a brushless ESC/Motor. I think the only difference between the three is probably the tub chassis shape and body/wheels/tires.

Id rather run on 2s only. I don't have experience, yet, with larger cell batteries.

Razor RC upgraded his 14B to a savox servo, his futaba radio setup, and a hobbywing 16bl30 esc. Not sure about motors, I think 2828 size is the max?

Any RTR radio setup, ill get out of right away. I don't have any experience with the associated's xp120 setup, but heard they aren't that good. I guess I am fancy with my radiolink rc8x. Lol. Most likely use the 4 ch mini receiver in one of these, Like I do with the Mini B.

Servo, not sure, just want something with good specs, and aluminum case, and something that can run higher voltages (if ESC has adjustable BEC)

Batteries for this thing, not sure what to look for. I know 2s, and or 3s, but capacity, and plugs? Deans should be fine, or XT60. guessing anything from 2200ish mah to 3000mah?

In the 14 lineup they have
14B - Buggy
14T - Truggy
14 MT - Monster Truck
14R - Hoonicorn onroad car

I would like the MT if I wasn't going to take it on the track and use it at the baseball field. It would be a good "send it" type of car tho.

I was looking at 10th scale onroad cars earlier. Like 4tec 2.0, 4tec 3.0. It will be fun for a road course in a parking lot, but I'm on the racing side. Onroad carpet racing, too competitive for me. Driveline and consistency gets me with that onroad stuff. Also, not to mention I'm used to offroad so will mostly stick to offroad for the most part. 16th scale to 10th scale is my range. 8th scale + is too expensive. I can afford that once I start working a job. 🤣

And thats why I got a pair of 3s hoovo batteries in the amazon save for later folder.
Not really doing much RC till after march / till spring time
Most likely would start to order parts early march

I been looking into some 1/10 drift cars. - What do we have here 🤔
Nearest drift track is a hour away in Fredrick (Key City Hobbies)

Back