LC Racing? Good brand?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
LC Racing anyone?
Haven't seen a lot on these.
Most known for their 1/12, 1/14, and mini off-road cars.
They do have one 1/10 kit which looks very very Xray XB4 like.
Looks pretty cool. Seems like they can do their own mini class, or compete with other 10th sce buggies
Don't know about parts support. Looks like directly from their site only.
From the reviews, they seem very very durable. On some of the cars like their 10th scale buggy, looks like Xray parts might be able to fit.
One of the WLtoyz cars, I think it's a 4wd buggy too, some Xray parts can fit on that car as well.
Any opinions on these? Really want to snag one of these. Also considering a RB14 from associated, or the truggy version of it.
They have 1 mini short course truck, and a couple of some on-road and rally cars.
Buuuut, what always questions me is parts support. Yes, I know @9x19 was about to comment about that. 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240114-143228.png

Screenshot_20240114-143218.png

Screenshot_20240114-143203.png

Screenshot_20240114-143143.png

Screenshot_20240114-143211.png

Screenshot_20240114-143136.png

Screenshot_20240114-143126.png

And here is one of my favorite channels. He has a mini backyard carpet track. Lots of mini cars from LC, WLTs, and Losi
https://youtube.com/@ixclusiverc?si=uvsoD_mExhBIpZaQ

Last edited:
They've been around 10+ years, I first saw them distributed through NitroRCX under the Tacon Soar rebrand. They are not race grade and lack modern geometry + tuning options. If you want to race competitively then stick with a name brand, if you want to bash around and break parts, then have fun with LC Racing for what it is.

NitroRCX only sells junk, so it would be a hard pass from me. :2cents:

I disagree, NitroRCX has distributed many quality brands, you just have to know what the OEM is before you buy into them, my personal favorites they have distributed are Nanda, Himoto and HSP... many other brands they have distributed are indeed lower quality that I wouldn't recommend, however the point may be moot because they haven't re-stock their inventory since COVID and they haven't replied to my inquiry about their lack of inventory that I sent last year.

I disagree, NitroRCX has distributed many quality brands, you just have to know what the OEM is before you buy into them, my personal favorites they have distributed are Nanda, Himoto and HSP... many other brands they have distributed are indeed lower quality that I wouldn't recommend, however the point may be moot because they haven't re-stock their inventory since COVID and they haven't replied to my inquiry about their lack of inventory that I sent last year.
Himoto is ok, although I didnt know they ever sold Himoto, but you couldn't give me a Nanda or an HSP. Just my :2cents:

EDIT: You couldnt give me a Himoto either. Originally I confused Himoto for Hong Nor.

HongNor is legit race grade, I'm comparing Himoto, Nanda and HSP with other basher brands like Traxxas and ARRMA in terms of durability and overall value ;)

IMG_4674.jpeg
IMG_4711.jpeg
IMG_4693.jpeg
69852882792__1B7A3AE2-65B1-4073-93D0-249B0149BC8B.jpeg

id like to see some running video
Lol
I’ll have to get it out and shoot some footage. It’s very fast on 2s and 3S. I think it’s in the drift car form right now. Thats the green one. If I can clear my driveway of snow I’ll get it out this next weekend. My nitro buggy is almost complete so…… I have my priorities! I would say it can be raced, it’s very well built, lots of adjustments. It smoked the neighbors slash In a down the street and back race!
Warren RC out of Michigan ( I think) and riptide RC (maybe they were out of Michigan?) has kits, parts, and everything else.

Last edited:
It is durable, not if but when you order one, and go for the lc12b1 because it has the center mounted motor and slipper clutch, you will see how well it is built. It reminds me a lot of Tekno quality. They have a truggy too but it’s the front mount motor. Not a bad thing, I just liked the mid motor design. You could probably turn the buggy into the truggy.
All of those pics are the same car, just different bumpers, body mounts, and shock tuning. Versatility

I would actually like to see them make a 1/10 2wd race buggy. I would race it.

Back