Slash heads up .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
show us a pic of your summit i like them , well the original fan i got wasn't enough for the esc so thats slapped on the motor and got this bad boy for the esc untill my ezrun turns up from hong kong shes abit of a mess
IMG_0067.jpg

and heres a pic of the sunset on the beach last night

IMG_0035.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

was waiting for the boat to get in the center but by the time it did the sun was down and couldnt get the effect i wanted .

i have that same fan for my esc.. l.o.l thats funny I guess great minds think alike!!! I will put a couple of pics of the summit in my albums because if I wanna post any more in a forum I have to delete a few for some reason.. I see all kinds of people with a ton of pics but I get maybe 10 and that is maxxed.. I dont get it... oh and nice sun set!!! I should get a couple that I get to see when I am out digging bloodworms on the coast... you wait til this winter I will take a bunch of pics out there!!! I had a few pics a few years ago that were better than any maine post cards I have ever seen!!!! I go to alot of places not many people can get to when I go to work... I get to work on the coast and deal woth no boss!!!! the only people I have to deal with is if I ride with anyone or If I run into a property owner but then I normally shoot the poop with them for a few minutes and then head to the mud for the fun job I have......

What happens when great minds think alike and this happens? I just HAD TO make a WOT 90* turn on my sidewalk, didnt grab and slammed right into a rock.... (I just noticed, can't really see here, but the shock shaft has a damn near 45* angle in it...)
P1070102.jpg

P1070103.jpg

Last edited:
nice it looks like my maxx did when the brakes didnt work and I ran into a sign in the park.. but if it wasn't a slash I bet you woulda had more broken....

Yeah I would say so haha, I hit it hard enough to shift the rock 4-6" out of place, and this rock is almost twice as big as my slash...

Its almost winter time so this is the towl throw in on the slash, I will fix it over time, and my attention now rolls over to my Axial Wraith... WHICH IS A-OKAY

yeah I dont see me using my slash to much in the winter time considering how low it sits and I have 2wd... although if I see a good bit of dirt I will probly still bring it out once in a while.... But I always have my new summit from lesson for the winter time, so I dont have to abuse my maxx's as much in the winter... expecially the one I put a picco on it, i dont need that messin up cause of the cold or wetness!!!! oh and my scaler will be used alot!!! I got my mudslingers in and put them on my redcat rims and they look awsome!!! and they are really soft too.. I think I am going to need a brushless e-maxx for the winter aswell so I can leave my nitro's alone without sacraficing speed!!! I am thinking of puttin a mamba monster in to the summit though for the highspeed runs and with the low gear I might need to find another size to keep it towned down for climbing..

Yeah I can't wait to get my wraith in the snowy trails, but one thing I can't stand is a summit climbing, no offense but any rig without staright axles can't hang with the big dawgs.

I had it out on a ledge that I used my crawler on and yeah there is a couple things I had a problem with but I think if I wieght the wheels it would do alittle better!!! I had it in a few spots I didnt think it was going to go through!! I will take pics the next time i go to that ledge or any of them that I plan on playing on.... but I do agree it can't do everything a true crawler can!! hense why I still have a scaler and plan on buying a real comp rig... or even a wraith.. how does that wraith compare to some of the comp rigss you have had???

When I had my drooped AX10, NOTHING compared, it was damn near impossible to roll because it was like a spider, but a stock AX10 vs a Wraith, I would almost bet the wraith would whoop its ass one way from sunday. The Wraith has a high COG, but once you can find a way to either tune the suspension down or drooping the rig a little, I would bet the Wraith could hang with alot of comp crawlers.

esc set alight
IMG_0077.jpg
S*** my self didnt no what to do lol

Tenshock 550 4000kv 4 pole motor and 120 amp esc on the way with a mod one pitch gearing set up as well

let us know how it goes.. and look on ebay they have axles for the slash pretty cheap...

tenshock and esc cancelled , vxl system bought instead lol
hi bud i keep looking on ebay but can't find anything really is there a shop you go to ?

no just type stuff in and go through the pages really.. yeah I am debating getting the vxl vileneon brushless setup for the rusty and the boys slash instead of castle just because the boy will be driving it and the waterproof part is a good bonus to the setup!!! I am thinking of getting the mamba max pro esc. for my setup so I can run my 3s 5000mah lipos without getting my esc. too hot I am running 23/90 but was thinking of using a 19 or a 20t pinion so I would have 20/90 to try and keap the temps down... I gotta ask someone about that I keap forgetting... l.o.l. thats why I love my nitro's at times!!!!

I will look up the sellars I go through so you can take a look at their stuff... I was thinking of the momba monster system for the summit I think that would be sick!!!!

rpm axle carriers heavy duty stub axles heavy duty driveshafts new wheels and tyres on the way lol and proline 14 rs body on order . will let you no how the vxl is should be here tommoro or wed , have got withdrawel symtoms not bein able to bash it lol

I hear you l.o.l. I am waiting for my new batt's for my summit and going nuts cause I dont want to keep using my lipos so I dont mess anything up.. so I have been bringin my slash out and my scaler even though I use the same lipos for those two.... I have my 3s lipos but they heat the esc. up quite a bit.. I have got to find out what way to go with the gears to get the temps down.. That and the mamba max pro esc. will do the trick!!!! I want to try the vxl system works I want to get a 4x4 slash which comes with that system stock... winter is comeing and the 2wd will just be usless being so slippery... Although this winter I am going to do a few builds. acouple scalers, acouple comp crawlers, and I want to put the mamba monster into the summit aswell.. I am also thinking about getting a brushless e-maxx/or e-revo aswell.... I know that is alot of money.. but I am thinkin about getting the family each a scale crawler, and a vxl system for their rigs. I would also like to get 4 monster jam replica's for the family only thing is I would want to go brushless for something like that!!!

iv never seen an esc catch fire lol

and wow by your pictures that girl is one dirty girl ;)

Back