Traxxas Revo 2.5 rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the wand lights arent working then it’s the wand or battery.

If the wand lights arent working then it’s the wand or battery.
It was my battery charger, it only had a 3.5v charge on it. Thought it was full since I had charged it all day. I have the auto to house plug adapter setup. Connection wasn't made, using a regular house outlet charger now. Hopefully this fixes it

All better, it's amazing how something works with a full charge. Lmao

You are going to be extremely rich. If the motor has been broke in, set it to 4 out, then lean it about 25 minutes. Flush the low speed.

This will be on the rich side still on the hsp. Once you get the hsn set, with an idle gap of 1mm, if the idle is high, adjust it with the idle screw. Not the lsn.

Personally, once I set the hsn, I’d run 1-1.5 tanks through it without adjusting the low end of the motor. As long as it will idle and it’s not so lean it moves on its own. If it’s set that long, it might take a couple tanks before it settles in good if the motor wasn’t taken apart and cleaned well before reviving it.

What do you mean by
then lean it about 25 minutes. Flush the low speed?

No. Set the idle gap between .7-1mm. I like to set mine .80-.90

Flush the low speed needle as described in your manual.

Turn your hush speed needle 4 turns from closed. Then lean it clockwise 25 minutes from 4 turns out.

That’s a great starting point for a motor that’s been broken in. It’s still going to be rich but, it should run initially. At least enough to get good and warm so you can start tuning.

From the starting point I described about, do your high speed runs. You’ll lean the hsn until the motor runs well. Meaning it picks up good and fast. Don’t touch any other needle during this unless the car won’t idle. At that point, lean the lsn clockwise until it will idle.

After you get the hsn set. Revisit your idle. If it’s not where you want it, follow these guidelines. If it’s two stage, fatten the hsn ever so slightly. If it’s just a high idle, you can choose to adjust using the lsn or idle screw. Either one is fine. If it comes to a nice idle then speeds up, fatten the lsn counter clockwise.

Tuning is more complicated then this but, this method will result in a very well tuned motor once you get it right.

You want the truck to run hard. Listen to the truck in this video. The carb is adjusted perfectly. This is what you are shooting for.

So i got it running to where it's not cutting out every few seconds, but it won't do anything when I hit the gas. Just sits there and maybe tries to move forward, engine is spinning like crazy, not the RC? Brake adjustment? Is there a trans adjustment I don't know about

Check your slipper/spur. The nut holding the spur on, may have loosened up. Allowing the spur to spin without engaging the transmission. Or, you may have stripped the spur gear. It’s one or the other or both.

Check your slipper/spur. The nut holding the spur on, may have loosened up. Allowing the spur to spin without engaging the transmission. Or, you may have stripped the spur gear. It’s one or the other or both.
How tight do I need to tighten the nut, the clutch was slipping, tightened a couple faces on the nut. Seems good now

I tighten mine all the way then back it off 1/8 to 1/4”.

I tighten mine all the way then back it off 1/8 to 1/4”.
Funny
That's exactly what I did. My reverse wasn't working, spring wire popped out of the shift shaft. Don't see anything to hold it in? She's a running, definitely need to turn idle down. She's a Screaming. I'll do my final tune outside. Doggie no like me running nitro car inside. Lmao
What do I need to switch my video format to so I can upload videos? I can't get them to upload, says wrong format

Funny
That's exactly what I did. My reverse wasn't working, spring wire popped out of the shift shaft. Don't see anything to hold it in? She's a running, definitely need to turn idle down. She's a Screaming. I'll do my final tune outside. Doggie no like me running nitro car inside. Lmao
What do I need to switch my video format to so I can upload videos? I can't get them to upload, says wrong format
You have to use a host like you tube. I hated to do it but, couldn’t post videos on threads without doing so.

You have to use a host like you tube. I hated to do it but, couldn’t post videos on threads without doing so.
I was going to video straight to this post, damn nabbed my throttle linkage fell off reseting it. These damn small parts are laughing at me. Lmao