Os 11k carb on a 2.5 rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfzracer450

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have some questions getting this dialed in properly. I think I got it pretty close and it seems to be doing OK but I was wondering does the pinch test still work for tuning on this carb? I pinched mine and it almost immediately shut off. I'm use to the factory where it took like 3sec. Is that normal with os? I got it brand new and had to adjust it some to get it started now it's running good I think although a few times it's just shut off on me but I think it just need some more fine tuning. Does anyone know what's a recommended setting on the os like factory setting to start with?? Thanks

I have some questions getting this dialed in properly. I think I got it pretty close and it seems to be doing OK but I was wondering does the pinch test still work for tuning on this carb? I pinched mine and it almost immediately shut off. I'm use to the factory where it took like 3sec. Is that normal with os? I got it brand new and had to adjust it some to get it started now it's running good I think although a few times it's just shut off on me but I think it just need some more fine tuning. Does anyone know what's a recommended setting on the os like factory setting to start with?? Thanks

The pinch test is just a suggestion for diagnosing a difficult-to-find tune. Some of my RC's idle for a few seconds before the pitch rises and the engine cuts off, some shut down almost immediately. The 11K is in the later group for me, I think it's just made that way.

As long as your temperatures aren't getting too high, you should be fine. I noticed my 3.3 ran a cooler with an 11K carb, too.

The pinch test is just a suggestion for diagnosing a difficult-to-find tune. Some of my RC's idle for a few seconds before the pitch rises and the engine cuts off, some shut down almost immediately. The 11K is in the later group for me, I think it's just made that way.

As long as your temperatures aren't getting too high, you should be fine. I noticed my 3.3 ran a cooler with an 11K carb, too.
I had the body on and it measured at like 190° and it's like 80° here in Florida

If it was 190, it was almost certainly running rich unless you were just putting around.

My 11k carb on my 3.3 run slightly cooler then my OS 21tm on the same truck. About 20 degrees.