Slash heads up .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes bud its 2wd , and only have 2s at the moment but wen i get it installed and see what it runs like on 2s will probably order a 3 cell for a bit of mayhem lol so i could probably reach about 50 with a top end ratio and a wing on the front for downforce lol

how's she running??? I just installed the rpm bumpers and reinstalled the mudflaps the right way this time!!! next is a front bumber with the kc lights on it so I can put some lights in the kc lights...

show us some pics bud wanna see wat its like with the guards , you get the tranny fixed ???? i think i might be in for a tranny rebuild wen the the new system turns up lol you have a good b day ??

yeah bday wasn't bad I found a rock cliff for my crawler.. nature made course is so much better than man made!!! All it was in my tranny was a bearing blew apart.. I have a brand new one sitting off to the side for that just incase moment.. As soon as I can get photo bucket working I will post a few pics of the slash's and of the crawler in action.. although I need to get new pics at the cliff becasue I just finished painting a new dodge ram top for it... do you know of any other site that is like phototbucket??? so I can post some pics..

all installed now eagerly awaiting the lipos to charge :D:D you remember what gear ratio you was running cptawesome?

oh my frickin god , that is all ............

apart from 4 broken driveshafts on 2 lipo packs hmmmmmmm any suggestions lol

You managed to break 4 driveshafts in less than 2 hours !?!?!!

yes i no lol both due to my fault as set it all up and went out but forgot to take the program card and the reverse delay is too short so everytime i was breaking 1.5 seconds later it was going into reverse , lesson learned new driveshafts on the way and program card will stay glued to my back pocket lol but overall jesus christ this sytem is insane , and temps were good too the motor was never too hot to touch i will give it a good testing out at the weekend tho lol will try and get a decent vid tooo :D

Well thats good that your temps are staying low and you're still getting plenty of power out of it. I looked around the basement for the packaging from the gears on my old Slash, but I couldn't find them. I usually keep the cardboard part of the packaging that lists the part numbers for all my cars, but I guess I either threw them away, or sent them with the old Slash when I sold it.

Glad to hear that you aren't having any problems with the gear ratio. Even more glad to hear you're happy with it. Break a few a-arms for me!

at the moment I am running a 23t pinion and a 90t spur I am really bad with the ratio's so I went with what someone else told me they were running on their slash. I would like alittle more top end out of her and it would make it easier to hook up aswell if I go top end.. and thnx cpt. awsome for the sites I am going to try one out to see if I am smart enough to figure them out l.o.l. 4 broken driveshafts.... ouch.. check your bearings in the axle carriers because If they have any slop in them it will create more stress on the already stressed plastic.. knock on wood I havent snapped another one yet but the strait lines on the inner drive shaft arent strait anymore they are starting to get an angle to them so it will need replacement here soon..

ok so fixed the driveshafts with a telescopic setup of a speed passion rs2 , now i just need to learn how feather the throttle as on the transmission the shaft which the clutch and spur attatch to inside the cog has come loose due to the little bar snapping , all fixed now tho and have had a good session today thanks to finishing at 10 this morining , getting maybe 45mph with the 2 cell geared 19/90 can whellie all the way with a little skill before taking off lol fans now missing some fins as some debri must of got in there gives me an excuse to get the 12v and a 3 cell lol

right I hear you there if you replace you mine as well upgrade in the process!!!

hell to the yer on that one no more breaky wakey lol fingers crossed anyway this thing is crazy crazy fast I've had to zip tie all the suspension down so the arms sit level other wise it just takes off lol , you all good now with your slash matt ?

yeah for right now.. Thinking about the next step I want to do with it but I am trying to get a scale crawler so me and the boy can go rock crawling.. the redcat has impressed me so I can just imagine when I get a good name brand rig!!!!.. I feel like I am depriving my nitros lately too... I need to get some more nitro.. a gallon doesn't last long at all when I start having fun!!... I have such a big list of what I want to do and get right now I need to win the loto!! My red cat crawler is lookin pretty good considering I painted up a dodge top for it (black) with some pretty cool stickers... I want to get the next size up in tires for it now to get alittle more clearance.

yes me too havent really touched the maxx since having the slash but now the crappyier weather is here will be taking the maxx out with us , messed around with the gearing a bit on the ez run and got 51 on 2s so now awaiting a bigger fan then will order me some 3s lol

there you go!! I just bought a picco .26max for my 3.3 tmaxx.. Not having very much luck with the 3.3's. I am going to get piston/sleeve set and a davis diesel con rod for one of the 3.3's cause I wanted to keap one of the 3.3 maxx's stock.. My classic will be a big block in the next month to.. I can't wait to see how fast that little thing will go. I still have to send in my sv2 esc. to be replaced for my slash to have its full power...

just testing out some gear ratios nothing spesh watch out for the tree at 1:10 lol [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxN92yXrDc"]traxxas slash ezrun 5.5t 2s lipo - YouTube[/ame]

looks like it goes pretty fast! and that's only with a 2s. Now you just need to order a 4s.... (just kidding)

out of curiosity, what are you using for a camera?

what am i using for a camera ????

A BRICK lol will get another one up tommoro of going flat out havent got enough space there , took the fan off coz its trashed and going to get another one and wire it through my receiver so the 3 cell wont blow it , seems that its happy running 18/90 , slapped a 23 pinion in there for a pack and couldnt go flat out due to it wanting to fly lol

Back