Spec / Stock slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Man, spec, or stock slash seems so fun.

I just want to get a used stock slash and just have it to bash around. Even though it won't be durable, it would be nice. Beach RC has a nice turnout for spec slash. So does MSM with his spec slash series races.

My local tracks really don't do any spec slash racing. The only thing close to it would be a novice or sportsman class on a local club race night, which is essentially an bring what ya brung class for beginners.

I was watching a MSM live stream the other night, his rules seem pretty tough. Like you can only do so much and you HAVE to run Traxxas stuff, nothing else. From what I seen @ Beach RC, they are more lenient with stuff. I saw spec slash racers use what ever chargers and batteries and battery plugs they want. Vs MSM's series, you have to run anything and everything Traxxas.

At my local tracks, I ideally just want a spec class going again so we can introduce and maybe get more people in the hobby, or make the novice class bigger. At one of the old local tracks, we used to call novice, "Young Guns". I raced 2WD SCT Young Guns for my first race. Got 4th. Pretty good. If I remember correctly. I was running my box stock slash 2WD. XL5, brushed, with OBA. Basic 7Cell Nimh pack. The only thing upgraded was DE Racing wheels and Schumacher carpet tires. My uncle glued them up right before racing and I remember my tire flying off. I was 7 so I had no idea what was going on so I just kept driving. 🤣
FIrst Race 2WD SCT Young Guns September 2016.jpg

(In this video, these were with Stock Traxxas SCT tires)

Stock slash. If I remember right on calandra green we could not run S1 tires.we could change tires rims and servo..

At Loco Joe's RC Raceway in Inwood, WV we run Spec Slash. It's fun and is a cheap'ish entry level way for anyone to come out and race. The sportsman class is also spec slash or mudboss 12T (spec slash with mudboss body)

Back