Tamiya TCS / Championship Series

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Anyone know about this? Can someone explain the rules to me?

Might be interested to do this next year once it comes around. My Local track is on the list.

Slightly reading over the rules here

All ages. That's me
No pro or factory drivers. That's not me. So I can race this

Driving Skills: I am guessing intermediate as I'm new to onroad. I know some driving from racing off-road. What I need to know better is drive line.
Class. GT pro spec might be the best? Or GT Spec/Novice

Last edited:
It depends on the class, make sure to read your tracks rules as they can vary from Tamiyas (not allowing the TT02s).

If you have the option, go with "stock" TT02 or Eurotruck, otherwise prepare to get stomped on by $600 TT02s in "Novice".

If you have the option, go with "stock" TT02 or Eurotruck, otherwise prepare to get stomped on by $600 TT02s in "Novice".
It's a novice class so idk why starter people just getting into racing would put 600 dollars into a tt02. If it was a bigger class like what I am talking about, GT pro spec, sure I can see that. But not in GT novice.

So ideally, novice is like a box stock class. Ideally. Just like spec slash.

The problem is that Tamiyas take on "Novice" is to put out cheap borderline toy-grade chassis, then allow every hop-up that they offer, so participants gobble them up. I've even sold some spare Tamiya springs and shocks once TCS season began.

Then you have the fun of researching about a dozen TT01/TT02 variants, half of which will be out of stock. Also, have fun hunting down 0.6 pinions.

"Spec Slash" is just a stock entry level 2wd Slash with only a few basic mods allowed, and they're not half bad out of the box. Don't need to "fix" crappy steering or replace axles to get around a track.

Eurotruck is much closer to spec Slash, you're allowed bearings and maybe a pinion, and that's it. I wanted to race it myself but it wasn't "serious" enough for my local track.

It depends on the class, make sure to read your tracks rules as they can vary from Tamiyas (not allowing the TT02s).

I have a $600 TT02. It's still crap 😄

It's a novice class so idk why starter people just getting into racing would put 600 dollars into a tt02. If it was a bigger class like what I am talking about, GT pro spec, sure I can see that. But not in GT novice.

Because idiots like us would pump $600 into a scx24. :D

Back