RC Magazines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FastEddy said:
The adds pay the bills. Without them there would be no mag. I find the balance of ads and meat just fine.

I saw a blurb on the 1/12th Mini Mav http://swiftracingproducts.com/ in this last issue. I've seen it run and its awesome. Its built and designed by a local racer here in Sonoma County. Not only is it a great chassis but Jake the designer is one hell of a guy. I would like to see more articles and reviews on products like this. Hidden Gems that aren't put out by the big boys.

Wiper snapper?
Hay Rolex, No ones called me that in more then 40 years, how about you?

The problem with the smaller companies is that they never take the time to call the magazines and try to get some exposure. I wish more of these guys would call or send press releases...something.

Not that I don't like the ads or anything. They let us know when something new is hittin the scene. I think maybe it's just that the larger mags only seem to have more cuz there's just more of everything. So the S3 will be in the march edition?

Lessen said:
Not that I don't like the ads or anything. They let us know when something new is hittin the scene. I think maybe it's just that the larger mags only seem to have more cuz there's just more of everything. So the S3 will be in the march edition?

Pretty sure it's March, but the issue will be out in less than 3 weeks, less than that if you subscribe.

We've got 212 pages and over half is content. RCCA is 70 ad 30 content. Other magazines my try and say they have 70% editorial, but that's because they can't get companies to advertise :) :fro:

DerekB said:
Pretty sure it's March, but the issue will be out in less than 3 weeks, less than that if you subscribe.

We've got 212 pages and over half is content. RCCA is 70 ad 30 content. Other magazines my try and say they have 70% editorial, but that's because they can't get companies to advertise :) :fro:

sweet... I'll be lookin forward to that. My S3 should arrive either by the end of the week or early next week.

Yeah, you guys definately have a more balanced mag. I don't care for RCCA too much but I do like RC Driver. I think I'm gonna subscribe to RCX and RC Driver here pretty soon. Thanks Derek!

Sweet, as long as you guys keep putting the testing data at the end of a review, i'm happy. That's the best part of the magazine. I hate it when people talk up a product like it's a great performer and show no data to prove it.

Also, is there any plans to do a part 2 of the 4-stroke modifications? That was a very interesting article.

kwong2001 said:
Sweet, as long as you guys keep putting the testing data at the end of a review, i'm happy. That's the best part of the magazine. I hate it when people talk up a product like it's a great performer and show no data to prove it.

Also, is there any plans to do a part 2 of the 4-stroke modifications? That was a very interesting article.

We're actually waiting on the conversion kits to put them on the track for testing.

DErek, great mag man... I've been a subscriber for awhile now...
You guys really need to bring back the "Gear Head" shirts.... lol

ImBroken said:
DErek, great mag man... I've been a subscriber for awhile now...
You guys really need to bring back the "Gear Head" shirts.... lol

Our shirts have always been limited runs. We make a design and sell out of them and do another one. This way we don't have the same shirt for years...or even months.

Hey Derek, great mag man. I actually subscribe to several mags (R/C and others) and have yours on the tops. Have to have several subscriptions due to the amount of travel I do (nothing like spending 8-9 hours in the tube or crossing the north Atlantic without much reading material). Gotta love the babes, and the letters from the hags and prudes saying they prefer not to see them kill me. Maybe you guys can get half the drivers stand at the next worlds event to show up in nut huggers and drive like that. That may pacify them or maybe they'll get the point. Half the reason of getting most mags is for the pics of scantily clad woman or not clothed at all. Your reviews are pretty straightforward as well, no bs and no favoritism. Glad to hear about the "poop tickets" those slick pages are a pain when an emergency rises!

DerekB said:
We're actually waiting on the conversion kits to put them on the track for testing.

SWEET. You know you could also take the 4-stroke conversion in a new direction. I know the superchargers don't work on the 2-strokes, but they'd work really good with a 4-stroke. What about doing a dyno with a OS FS26 and the MPAA supercharger? I think it could create a real buzz for both OS and MPAA, although it could backfire if the engine blows ;)

kwong2001 said:
SWEET. You know you could also take the 4-stroke conversion in a new direction. I know the superchargers don't work on the 2-strokes, but they'd work really good with a 4-stroke. What about doing a dyno with a OS FS26 and the MPAA supercharger? I think it could create a real buzz for both OS and MPAA, although it could backfire if the engine blows ;)

Actually our Dyno guy tried to get ROAR to let 4-strokes race and they don't think they will work. He's been modding the engine and on the dyno it looks really strong, we just need to see how it is in a car. I'd love to slap a SC on the engine to see if they work. I know that planes use SC and work well.

Last edited:
Did he touch the internals since the december issue? I know he did quite a bit to the engine before, but he still had a lot more mods he could do internally. Anyhoo, that will be a very interesting article when it comes out.

Oh, just came up with another good special mod you could do. There's always newbies talking about using airplane engines in cars, what about making something like that happen? Do a conversion with an airplane engine, but show show all the problem areas. You could go pretty in depth with cooling and difference in the porting of car vs. plane engines. Then clearance with different cars when you fit the engine. Clutches...there a lot to talk about.

Man I have really never heard of RCX tell recently, I would love to do reviews for mags and stuff like that. Derek yo da man stick around RCNT. I am going to look into getting a subsctription if I'm no to poor.