Where Is Your RC Made?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Seen some misinformation flying around here lately. Thought I would set the record straight or at least get the correct info out there.
I was very surprised to see this because I thought all cars were manufactured in China and as it turns out not too many of the bigger RC manufactures are in China or make their cars there.
Turns out that most of the big guys are made in Taiwan.
I would also like to promote any US based and US made RC companies out there so if you know any, please post them so we can promote their businesses.
I have to confess I did not dig deeper than a few results to get this far so if anyone cares to dig deeper and correct me, please do. The idea here is to find out where each brand is based and where each brand is manufactured
Here is where I found.
Let's go over where RC cars are made. (Website: leisureguided.com)
X-Factory (Totally Advanced Racing Products) - Most Everything in the USA (Not a big company but they are making RC cars in the USA!)
Traxxas - Based in USA Made in Taiwan Assembled in USA
Arrma - Based in US Manufactured in China (According to Arrma rep).
Losi - Made in Taiwan
Tekno - Designed and Tested in USA, made in Taiwan
Team Associated - Made in Taiwan
Axial - Assembly company "Kingstar" based in Taiwan
Tamiya - Japan and made in Phillipines
Redcat - Made in China
HPI - Taiwan and China

Last edited:
Taiwan, China... same thing 🤪

Kyosho used to be made in Japan, but are now made in China. At least my Legendary cars say made in China. So even the Japanese companies are sending their manufacturing to China.

Taiwan, China... same thing 🤪

Kyosho used to be made in Japan, but are now made in China. At least my Legendary cars say made in China. So even the Japanese companies are sending their manufacturing to China.
Except that Taiwan is not China. You sound like the Chinese government. China may think they own Taiwan but they don't. Taiwan is about as independent as they come.
On top of that, Taiwan is not a Communist dictatorship like China.
Any government willing to fight for it's own freedom from tyranny deserves our support.
So when you say China, do you mean Taiwan or China?

Except that Taiwan is not China. You sound like the Chinese government. China may think they own Taiwan but they don't. Taiwan is about as independent as they come.
On top of that, Taiwan is not a Communist dictatorship like China.
Any government willing to fight for it's own freedom from tyranny deserves our support.
So when you say China, do you mean Taiwan or China?
My apologies. I should have just said non-US made.

I have the belief that the same factory or factories make all parts for every brand. During the day shift they pump out Tekno or Associated, by night the guys brother comes in as company “B” to pump out Losi, Arrma, or whatever but you get the picture.

Europe is the best.
Xray, made in Slovakia.
Tha'ts why I wanted to spend the money on Xray,but decided to be a cheapy and go with associated, but nothing wrong with other brands.
Only really wanted Xray as they are the ones who made the designs. Other brands copied theirs. Well, in the modern ish buggy racing world. (IMO)

Last edited:
Arrma and Traxxas so I would have to say China. All my trucks have a lot of American and UK aftermarket parts on them. And some Chinese hop up parts.

Arrma and Traxxas so I would have to say China. All my trucks have a lot of American and UK aftermarket parts on them. And some Chinese hop up parts.
Both Arrma and Traxxas are based in the US and manufactured in Taiwan not China.

Well here and now China is a communist country and Taiwan is a free democratic county.
Don't confuse the two or you look like an idiot.
Not sure how that makes someone look like an idiot. Are you Taiwanese in defense of your homeland or something? What's with the over zealous responses?

Not sure how that makes someone look like an idiot. Are you Taiwanese in defense of your homeland or something? What's with the over zealous responses?
Because they are two different countries.
When people say they are not, they sound like idiots.
Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Because they are two different countries.
When people say they are not, they sound like idiots.
Why is this so hard for you to understand?
But when people say China, they typically are just generalizing the area. Nobody cares.

Back