messed up and used banggood.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder

this is my ongoing messege log with a compant i ordered my sons first rc car from.​

scroll to the bottom and read from bottom to top, top being latest messege.
i may be in the wrong. i dont feel like i am. i bought a truck 2 months ago. it arrived damaged not working
i tried to send it back they dont want to. things have devolved into a mess. think I'm out 160 bucks. it happens. but if it had happened first it would have definately put me off the hobby. lucky for me i was able to aquire more quality cars and have almost moved past it. istill dont like getting burnt. but now i realise i was burnt by myself for attempting to0 cut some corners and save some money. you get what you pay for. it wa a lesson. i learned it. but i still want my damn money back and at this point am just gonna keep on em till they block me

Cotact Detail​

• head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-08 08:55:53
    abhsolutely not possible. the shops will NOT work on brands that are not QUALITY rc cars. you have no aftermarket support. you offer no replacement parts unless ordered online. your chasis is an odd shape, the screws are not hex screws. if i knew when i ordered the car what i knoiw now i would have avoide3d it. it is not possible for me to get the esc replaced short of sending it to you to replace. i wasn't aware when i bought this that your company ios a knockoff brand that gets zero aftermarket support. i can go to the store and buy ANY part for a traxxas, arrma, axial, element, many others. yours doesn't even have a name. its orange car... the manual included isnt even for the car you sent. no an esc does absolutely nothing but further show how desperate you are to scam people out of hard earned money
  • Banggood​

2024-03-07 20:16:21
    can you try replace item at local shop ? If it can be solved in local,we can reimburse you the cost if reasonable price
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-07 05:49:41
    worst transaction ever. trash company selling broken products.. going on close to 40 days waiting for a working rc car and still no closer. horrible service. facebook, Instagram, Reddit, tic tok, all will be receiving a copy of this chat log so the public and future potential customers know to avoid your business
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-07 05:17:51
    ok who is going to install the esc? are you sending me tools? i didnt order a kit car i ordered a ready to run... a month ago.
  • Banggood​

2024-03-06 19:56:39
    we will provide you the replacement ESC
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-06 06:52:26
    what are you sending, like the product the lack of information is disappointing. are you sending the esc? i am not a repairman. i dont know how to repair this car nor do i have the tools to. i ordered a ready-to-run car instead of a kit. now you\'re sending me a part to a car. this is not what i ordered. worst shopping experience ever.
  • Banggood​

2024-03-06 03:24:40
    For order 113499666, the CSR has arranged to resend the item(s) to you, and here's the resend order number A00006240306001N.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-05 20:24:01
    this purchase has been the biggest mistake. wish i had never found this website. this is ridiculous.
  • Banggood​

2024-03-02 21:00:44
    We are negotiating with the supplier regarding your request, and we will do our best to urge the supplier to make decisions that are beneficial to our customer.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-02 13:25:08
    its been 22 days since i opened this ticket....
  • Banggood​

2024-03-01 21:09:10
    We are currently checking with the supplier regarding this issue, Hopefully, we will provide you further solution within 24 hours. If by any chance you failed to receive response from us, please feel free to contact us again for further solution.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-03-01 13:30:08
    ok ill try the esc, when can i expect shipment
  • Banggood​

2024-03-01 00:46:11
    As long as it's within the warranty period, we can handle it for you.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-29 10:10:05
    so if you send the ESC and i install it and it still does not work, will that void the warranty? i AM willing to try, but I'm feeling like i have been tricked out of 160 dollars.... if this will NOT violate the warranty then i will try this solution.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-29 10:09:28
    so if you send the ESC and i install it and it still does not work, will that void the warranty? i AM willing to try, but I'm feeling like i have been tricked out of 160 dollars....
  • Banggood​

2024-02-27 20:47:49
    We recommend that you accept the resend solution and confirm whether the replacement can be fixed and used normally after they arrive. If it still doesn't work, please contact us and we will provide you with other solutions.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-27 08:59:14
    i dont know that the esc is the problem, i am making an educated guess as i have not taken it apart to see what the issue or issue is. it could be the motor. all i can tell is that the servo and servo alone works. so an esc would not help in that case and we will be right back here we are making progress tho and i am glad you respond i9n timely manner
  • Banggood​

2024-02-26 20:37:06
    For this order 113499666, we would like to resend you a new item. Would you like to consider this solution?
    We would like to ship the ESC to your original address. You do not need to return the item to us. Would you accept this solution?
    NoYes
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-26 09:45:25
    I've been waiting patiently. this has been going on for weeks. you took my money very quickly. sent me damadged products, very quickly. but when its time to fix YOUR error, be patient?
  • Banggood​

2024-02-26 00:36:20
    Could you please wait patiently? Your understanding will be highly appreciated.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-25 21:11:14
    I'm still waiting, thank you for letting me know you are trying to find solution
  • Banggood​

2024-02-25 21:01:49
    We are negotiating with the supplier regarding your request, and we will do our best to urge the supplier to make decisions that are beneficial to our customer.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-25 10:01:18
    i still have 1 broken product, no refund, why. i will never use this site again, I'm about to contact my chamber of comerce to see if there is anything else i can do since you are obviously a scammer. selling broken products and then just playing messege games instead of a refund
  • Banggood​

2024-02-24 22:46:27
    So sorry for the delay of reply due to the weekend. We will write down this issue. If you failed to receive response from us then please contact us again.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-24 07:25:09
    thye battery is charged. your product however does not work. why is it taking so long for a refund? this reflect badly on your company and my review will reflect this
  • Banggood​

2024-02-23 03:37:19
    The battery is out of power, please fully charge it then test again
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-22 10:06:10
    no response yet, this has become a very long slow communication problem...you sent a faulty vehicle, i paid non faulty money. i would like the vehicle replaced, please. this is getting annoying i was previously ready to accept a replacement but after this extended game, i would prefer a refund to my card and a pre paid shipping box to send you this broken one back to you in. Then you can see it was faulty from factory.
  • Banggood​

2024-02-21 03:32:34
    "We will ask seller to check the issue. If you failed to receive response from us in 24-48 hours then please contact us again. "
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-20 19:32:12
    local repair is not an option as no stores will service this brand, they only want to service arrma or traxxas brand. if i knew for certain what the issue was a repair would be acceptable the car has not been taken apart. i would really prefer a replacement, i will send the broken one back if you would like but i do not want to pay additional shipping fees.
  • Banggood​

2024-02-20 01:00:11
    In order to effectively solve this problem, would you like to repaired the item locally? If the repair fee is reasonable, we will be responsible for the repair cost. After ask the price, please tell us. We will give you a reply as soon as possible. Please be aware that once the product is disassembled, the warranty will be lost. Sorry for you again. Best regards.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-19 15:55:52
    i opened the package, installed the batteries, used acceleration and it would not go. it came out of the package not driving. after researching the cause it would appear to be a bad esc, as the steering servo still works, so it is getting power. so i have not actually used it yet as it came out of the package non functioning. everything IS connected correctly on my end as per the manual. altho your manual does not have the ACTUAL car purchased. which is very odd that you would send a manual for a different vehicle. rather than the one i purchased
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-19 15:54:35
    i opened the package, installed the batteries, used acceleration and it would not go. it came out of the package not driving. after researching the cause it would appear to be a bad esc, as the steering servo still works, so it is getting power. so i have not actually used it yet as it came out of the package non functioning.
  • Banggood​

2024-02-18 00:31:56
    Thank you for your reply. Does this problem occur since the first time you use it? Did you refer to the details on the product page or manual to use it? Could you please tell us the circumstances under which this happened?
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-16 13:15:16
    i do not stilol have the packaging it was thrown away that day
  • Banggood​

2024-02-13 21:28:40
    "Please send us following evidence to confirm the exact issue. 1.The product’s shipping label and SKU bar code, which stick on the package of the parcel and the product protecting bag.(if you still keep it)
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-10 19:45:41
    an exchange would also be acceptable. i have watched a few review videos and still would like the truck if thats what you would prefer. just send me a new one, i will happily send the one i recieved that was damaged back to you just credit my account the shipping costs.
  • head_photo.png

john garcia
    VIP2
    2024-02-09 14:35:29
    car arrived in timely manner but would not go. it lights up and turns. but thats all. i tried both batteries. neither worked. it just sits still. this is not acceptable. waiting on the 2 way return shipping is too long of an extended wait period i would prefer a refund to the card i used to pay with please
    video url:

Can anyone make a TLDR of this?
"We will pay you to have a shop fix it but it will void warranty once taken apart"

"please be patient"

Then it's a broken record or supply this our supplier that we encourage you to take what we offer.

Went through the exact same thing with a boat. The ESC they shipped me looked like it came from the engine compartment if an old dump truck that was burning and leaking oil. The ESC was covered in 1/8" of sludge and grime from god knows what. I told them the ESC was not acceptible, and they offered me a $50 refund on a $90 boat. The ESC did work, and fixed the problem, but I was not happy that it was obviously very well used. I bet they send you a different ESC. Just some piece of chit they had lying around.

Don't buy Chinese junk. Especially from banggood. Their customer service will just run you around in circles for weeks. Best solution, always pay with PayPal. They will resolve the issues for you quickly.

I wonder if the ESC fwd/rev calibration wasn't done and if tried a new re-calibration would fix
i dont know what that means in a useable sense, ima hit the almighty google. i AM willing to try tho
ill see what this means and try it and get back to see if by some miracle this fixes the car that hasnt worked out of the box. fingers crossed
wont ever buy anything without extensive checking. this was my first rc, i watched a few videos and just got it to save a few bucks. my cheapness cast me) big bistake. i should have (unkowinglyy at the time mind you) gotten a name brand. hadnt driven an rc car in 30 years at that time. now I'm a junky and have made much smarter purchases,
lol was a lesson nonetheless

You can't expect the same level of support from banggood/Ali as you would from Amain, Horizon, or even Amazon. The markup they charge is largely to account for no-hassle, shipping-included returns. The deal you enter into with them is that you're buying a product + support.

With banggood or AliExpress, you're paying for them to ship something from their warehouse to the states, and that's it. If they got it to your door, transaction successful. Lack of support is part of the discount. Getting burned sometimes is part of the discount, you learn not to buy absurdly cheap listings or from sellers with no history.

Expecting them to be able to make it 100% right, at a loss, and being antagonistic in messaging when they're unable to do this, is never going to result in a satisfactory outcome. You might get your refund but the seller will (entirely reasonably) blacklist you for being a difficult customer who doesn't "get it."

Go into the support conversation with very modest expectations - partial refund, maybe a re-ship for something that arrived smashed, and if you lead with politeness rather than accusations and insults, they're far more likely to work with you. I've gotten refunds, replacements, etc, by having realistic expectations of what they're able to do to make it right.

Don't buy Chinese junk. Especially from banggood. Their customer service will just run you around in circles for weeks. Best solution, always pay with PayPal. They will resolve the issues for you quickly.
But my favorite youtuber RCFreebies told me that $30 Chinese RC was the best bargain of the year! And gave me a 5% discount code!

But my favorite youtuber RCFreebies told me that $30 Chinese RC was the best bargain of the year! And gave me a 5% discount code!
man i feel called out on this... i mean thats 100% what happened but still.... lol seriously you just described my entire new to the hobby thought process. like you were in my living room when i hit the buy now omg lol

man i feel called out on this... i mean thats 100% what happened but still.... lol seriously you just described my entire new to the hobby thought process. like you were in my living room when i hit the buy now omg lol
You see the camera we put in the corner by the mint colored ac vent? 🤣

You can't expect the same level of support from banggood/Ali as you would from Amain, Horizon, or even Amazon. The markup they charge is largely to account for no-hassle, shipping-included returns. The deal you enter into with them is that you're buying a product + support.

With banggood or AliExpress, you're paying for them to ship something from their warehouse to the states, and that's it. If they got it to your door, transaction successful. Lack of support is part of the discount. Getting burned sometimes is part of the discount, you learn not to buy absurdly cheap listings or from sellers with no history.

Expecting them to be able to make it 100% right, at a loss, and being antagonistic in messaging when they're unable to do this, is never going to result in a satisfactory outcome. You might get your refund but the seller will (entirely reasonably) blacklist you for being a difficult customer who doesn't "get it."

Go into the support conversation with very modest expectations - partial refund, maybe a re-ship for something that arrived smashed, and if you lead with politeness rather than accusations and insults, they're far more likely to work with you. I've gotten refunds, replacements, etc, by having realistic expectations of what they're able to do to make it right.
i realized that when i bought me Element ecto. night and day difference. i found out the price was for the customer service and parts availability. making it the much CHEAPER end purchase, as a newer than i am now (am still new mind you) to the hobby person i thought i would be ok trying this as my first step into the field. i would hope that my experience could help convince the next guy to maybe make the wiser choice based on my mistakes.
i have yet to have to deal with element or redcats customer service. because I've just driven to the store and walked out with everything I've needed. i didnt realise that would not be possible with the banggood special. learning as i go

i realized that when i bought me Element ecto. night and day difference. i found out the price was for the customer service and parts availability. making it the much CHEAPER end purchase, as a newer than i am now (am still new mind you) to the hobby person i thought i would be ok trying this as my first step into the field. i would hope that my experience could help convince the next guy to maybe make the wiser choice based on my mistakes.
i have yet to have to deal with element or redcats customer service. because I've just driven to the store and walked out with everything I've needed. i didnt realise that would not be possible with the banggood special. learning as i go

It does suck when you spend $100+ and the outcome is disappointing, no matter where it got it. Didn't mean to make it sound like that's on you, I don't take it well either when I feel like my time/money has been wasted. Hope things get worked out, it should still be a salvageable R/C.

If it were me, I would just bite the bullet and swap out the electronics and go out and play.

I've bought a cheap flight system before and it didn't work, so instead of dealing with the back and forth BS
I just ordered a better quality.

This is why you use a credit card with 100% money back guarantee. Not a debit card

If it were me, I would just bite the bullet and swap out the electronics and go out and play.

I've bought a cheap flight system before and it didn't work, so instead of dealing with the back and forth BS
I just ordered a better quality.

this is what I've done, its been my little tragic project others on here have helped me try to get working. i chalked it up as a loss and am using it to learn with

It's all too common, I think the whole "influencer" nonsense is more detrimental to the hobby than RTR was.

i dont know what that means in a useable sense, ima hit the almighty google. i AM willing to try tho
ill see what this means and try it and get back to see if by some miracle this fixes the car that hasnt worked out of the box. fingers crossed
Any information on what you got so that we might be able to help with trying to recalibrate. What vehicle is it? Is there anything on the ESC that could help with identifying what it is?

If you install a new ESC you're more than likely going to need to calibrate in order for it to work. The ESC calibration simply shows where the trigger position is at when pulled for full forward and what the opposite direction of the trigger is. To describe: It's like how when you turn the wheel it knows how far you want to turn either to the left or right.

Any information on what you got so that we might be able to help with trying to recalibrate. What vehicle is it? Is there anything on the ESC that could help with identifying what it is?

If you install a new ESC you're more than likely going to need to calibrate in order for it to work. The ESC calibration simply shows where the trigger position is at when pulled for full forward and what the opposite direction of the trigger is. To describe: It's like how when you turn the wheel it knows how far you want to turn either to the left or right.
when i get it if i get it yes i will post

Back