Where Is Your RC Made?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone was offended. My concern is that we as a free country forget how bad communism is.
If Taiwan falls to China, it will be one less free country in the world and one more ruled by a dictator.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone was offended. My concern is that we as a free country forget how bad communism is.
Is Taiwan falls to China, it will be one less free country in the world and one more ruled by a dictator.
Do you really think that this country is “free”?
I mean what is your definition of free?

And I thought this was the land of the free.
Well I'm moving once I'm old enough.

But when people say China, they typically are just generalizing the area. Nobody cares.
Again, that is why we are in the mess we are in with China. If people supported the free low cost labor manufacturing countries like Taiwan, Japan and S Korea, China would not be the super power they are today. On top of all that I am not going to get into the child labor they use in China.

How free a country is is easy to determine, it's just a number. The more free a country is the smaller their prison population will be. The less free a country is the larger their prison population will be. The US has the largest prison population in the world, both total numbers and as a percent of the population.

I don’t mean to spark a political debate, I'm just saying not one place in the world is free.
I agree but if you ask anybody in a dictators country, they will say the US is "free". Freedom is relative.
If you want to live free in the US, the closest you can get is Slab City.

I agree but if you ask anybody in a dictators country, they will say the US is "free". Freedom is relative.
If you want to live free in the US, the closest you can get is Slab City.
Who sells real estate out there. I'm in the market.

No shi+…..break, fix, repeat….
I don’t mean to spark a political debate, I'm just saying not one place in the world is free.
Exactly. I'm just waiting for everyone to see we're 3rd world. Ofcourse when they do its too late.

Seen some misinformation flying around here lately. Thought I would set the record straight or at least get the correct info out there.
I was very surprised to see this because I thought all cars were manufactured in China and as it turns out not too many of the bigger RC manufactures are in China or make their cars there.
Turns out that most of the big guys are made in Taiwan.
I would also like to promote any US based and US made RC companies out there so if you know any, please post them so we can promote their businesses.
I have to confess I did not dig deeper than a few results to get this far so if anyone cares to dig deeper and correct me, please do. The idea here is to find out where each brand is based and where each brand is manufactured
Here is where I found.
Let's go over where RC cars are made. (Website: leisureguided.com)
X-Factory (Totally Advanced Racing Products) - Most Everything in the USA (Not a big company but they are making RC cars in the USA!)
Traxxas - Based in USA Made in Taiwan Assembled in USA
Arrma - Assembly company "Kingstar" based in Taiwan
Losi - Made in Taiwan
Tekno - Designed and Tested in USA, made in Taiwan
Team Associated - Made in Taiwan
Axial - Assembly company "Kingstar" based in Taiwan
Tamiya - Japan and made in Phillipines
Redcat - Made in China
HPI - Taiwan and China

Last I check all of HPI cars were made in Taiwan. Maverick does not count as HPI even though they are owned by the same parent company. That is like saying that KFC and Pizza Hut are the same because they are both owned by YUM Brands.

Both Arrma and Traxxas are based in the US and manufactured in Taiwan not China.

I bet you $100 Arrma is made in China.

Next time you make a threat about misinformation make sure that your information is actually correct first before passing it off as being correct.

Last edited:

Next time you make a threat about misinformation make sure that your information is actually correct first before passing it off as being correct.
Their box panels say "made in China"

I believe Arrma was a British company before Horizon Hobby acquired them. When Jason Deardon started Arrma it was with Taiwan factory Team Durango.
But I think they are still designed in the UK.

Interview with Arrma founder:

Last edited:
Last I check all of HPI cars were made in Taiwan. Maverick does not count as HPI even though they are owned by the same parent company. That is like saying that KFC and Pizza Hut are the same because they are both owned by YUM Brands.

I just wanted to get this for the record.

Their box panels say "made in China"

I believe Arrma was a British company before Horizon Hobby acquired them. When Jason Deardon started Arrma it was with Taiwan factory Team Durango.
But I think they are still designed in the UK.

Interview with Arrma founder:

Yup the box panels clearly say Made in China.

1707099583917.jpeg

Arrma is still designed and based in the UK.

Yup the box panels clearly say Made in China.

View attachment 180799

Arrma is still designed and based in the UK.
Assuming you are referring to the United Kindom as the "UK", Germany is not the "UK" and I am pretty sure Chanpaign Illinois is not the "UK" so unless they have some hidden bunker base they are not talking about, they are not based in the "UK".
As for where they are manufacturing their cars, I have sent a request to them. We sill see what they say. They may be as others in not recognizing Taiwan as the independent nation that they are.

Assuming you are referring to the United Kindom as the "UK", Germany is not the "UK" and I am pretty sure Chanpaign Illinois is not the "UK" so unless they have some hidden bunker base they are not talking about, they are not based in the "UK".
As for where they are manufacturing their cars, I have sent a request to them. We sill see what they say. They may be as others in not recognizing Taiwan as the independent nation that they are.

Yes Arrma the company is based in the UK not Champaign Illinois. And definitely not Germany. Who tf said anything about Germany? https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/arrma

1707101856477.png

The fact that you are complaining about people posting misinformation on this subject and yet you yourself don't even know is just ironic. I think you should just quit while you are behind.

Last edited:
Back