How would you guys go about fixing chipped lexan body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I had a bad crash while drifting my drift rc and hit a rock and flipped somehow, I have some scrap lexan when I removed the front bumper, what would you guys do?
IMG_20231009_214606.jpg

If you have the piece of body tape it in place from the outside then Shoe Goo it in place from the inside. If you don't have the piece then get a piece of clear vacuum formed packaging like what screws come in and cut it out to fit the hole. Paint it first then tape it in place from the outside and Shoe Goo it in place from the inside. When the Shoe Goo sets remove the tape. That's the best I have for you.

That Low, use a razor to even it out. You can get creative and use steep angles or you can draw it out fro a less aggressive angle.

white duct tape then trim to your needs..inside then wrap to outside sticky face to sf..no real help for that

I would trim any sharp corners to be rounded out with lexan scissors. That 90° angle will crack very easily and spread like cancer if not corrected.

To prevent this from happening in the first place, I recommend using RC Body Armor which will drastically improve the lifespan of your bodies:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/416250593082394

Be sure to tell them that Bill referred you :)

Back