Custom body, How do I achieve this, cheaply!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're doing a helluva job man. Runs can be dealt with easy enough with a sanding block. Especially if it's sandable primer. It's getting so close man. Dying to see the finale.

Yeah well apart from finishing it so that I can take it to the track, I am a bit concerned about the finale, assuming it gets around the track at all, I need to capture some video including a shot of the digital mph read out. I’ll have to negotiate with one of the other club members to do that.

The other thing is that unlike IC cars this one will slow with each run, probably best not to try heroics first time out.

We have two coats of red, it’s as rough as old boots but it IS RED!

IMG_5480.jpeg

Yeah well apart from finishing it so that I can take it to the track, I am a bit concerned about the finale, assuming it gets around the track at all, I need to capture some video including a shot of the digital mph read out. I’ll have to negotiate with one of the other club members to do that.

The other thing is that unlike IC cars this one will slow with each run, probably best not to try heroics first time out.
If you send me the videos I can overlay the mph readout into the run video I think. Never tried it, but I have a decent video editor I play around with. I can at least try, and it would be a fun little project.

If you send me the videos I can overlay the mph readout into the run video I think. Never tried it, but I have a decent video editor I play around with. I can at least try, and it would be a fun little project.

I’ll get someone to video it and see what we get! I expect one of em will have a smart phone😁

That's it, its made. Aside from possible future detailing, (repairs more like), I have stopped tinkering with it.

Next track day is 14th March, unless I am sent 'on site' or worse I will be there.

Track owner has been notified, it better not let me down!

IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG

I was careless when I took these photos, now you can see the pot marks in the rough and ready body shell. Hey the shiny bits are shiny :0)

It is quite tough though as I can lift the 3kg car (in ready to run trim) up by the body. (2.4kg including battery without body shell)

I wonder if it will go faster with or without the body on? Will I dare give it full beans? Will the drive belt melt?

I wonder if I should fit a splitter under the front edge?

I would do what you can to fill in the gaps underneath. Keep the air going over the top instead of creating a parachute.

I would do what you can to fill in the gaps underneath. Keep the air going over the top instead of creating a parachute.

Yes I have been looking at a left over sheet of thin roofing rubber I could make a skirt from

Back