how do i modify my trucks body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
hey guys, i want to run my ecto cab only. i am poor so buying the 50 dollar pro line isnt an option. I'm left with trying to cut off the majority of my bed. then I'm going to have this big exposed cab which is not what i want. I'm thinking if i leave a small lip on the back of the truck, that should leave me enough space to bolt? a plate or a piece of plastic onto the backside covering the hole.. ok lets say i do this.. how do i remove my body to plug it in? no power switch it goes on when plugged in and off when you unplug it. so i HAVE to take top off to start.
could i use magnetic body clips? id have to pick them up and I'm trying to keep it as DIY as i can since my pocket is so light.
would the body still stay attached just fine with the 2 front clips? seeing as how there would be no bed?
if i do do this (doodoo lol)
would i just score the bed and snap like in the videos of people trimming new shells?
I'm thinkking of cutting it off
423454799_1079314516514335_9011741178041061488_n.jpg
aroiund here, this would leave me enough of a lip to just put any piecce of plastic there that would fit, possibly even a piece of the bed after i cut it off
but then I'm at the issue of only front clips holding it on.. is this enough to hold her on?

423454471_1399225887361362_4208717472876720980_n.jpg

423738060_1102664604345503_6645116216528289900_n.jpg

You could use a clear piece of Lexan or clear plastic to plug the hole. You paint the back side black and the front side mat clear to match your trucks finish.?

You could use a clear piece of Lexan or clear plastic to plug the hole. You paint the back side black and the front side mat clear to match your trucks finish.?
yeah i have a few options on that, but how would the cab stay on after i remove the bed which houses the remaining 2 clips? i ran my basher missing the back clips today cause they flew out and i didnt care, until the back kept flying up and i had to fix it

Bend the bottom of the filler piece backwards and fab a couple mounting pins there for body clips.

You could probably mount some magnets to the rear sides of the cabin and the frame rails to hold it in place. As long as you have the hood pins, I would think you just need something to keep it from flapping around.

As for the hole int the back, just cut a peice of styrene sheet or lexan scraps from an old body if you have one. Cut to fit inside the back of the body, it should have some overlap you can tuck it into. Use something like shoe goo or E6000 to glue it in place. Paint and maybe even hang tools like shovel, jack etc. from it.

You could fabricate a upright bracket to mount on chassis the use a nylon screw to drill a hole in for back of cab mount then use body pin to hold it on

Back