How did you find RC Nitrotalk?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by El Pirata
Yeah right, you haven't crossed paths with Sky yet... :D

You saying I'm on a power trip? That's it...you're banned.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
You saying I'm on a power trip? That's it...you're banned.

Kinda reminds me of the movie where Billy Bob stood behind a 747 while it was taking off, Just for Kicks.

Originally posted by FastEddy

Kinda reminds me of the movie where Billy Bob stood behind a 747 while it was taking off, Just for Kicks.

I prefer to stand behind TomCats in afterburner, but a 747 should be about the same...don't knock it until you've tried it.
:D

as many other people, i too got banned form the traxxas boards for saying crap or damn 1 too many times...the mods there are so uptight it's not even funny...i made another sn ther ebut i don't use it much...this place is much better:breakdown

I was at school and just started using forums for 1:1 scales and understood how much they helped. Yahoo come up with R/C. It was Nitro only(almost) it had a nice lay out, members seemt o be more personal. Fun looking. Actually active. Not too high or too low of a population. Good info. It had everything i was look for. I didnt even bother looking into others, found it, never looke dback just joined.

Google search.

Found helpful info on this site and decided to join.

I found this site in google. And i signed up because i hated going to my hobby shop because its far away and i hate everyone there.

Shanghi'd. I was minding my own business on a MLP site and the next thing I remember was waking up here.

Nah, it was from the HPI site.

I found this site about 6 weeks after I got into the hobby. It was then I realized that there is this procedure called "Break in"???

Little did I know, I pretty much toasted my poor mach 15 in my xxx-nt in the middle of december when it was -5 F out. It still ran, but that was after I got all the skin wore off my hands from pulling the pull start and finding out that snow turns into water quickly and floods the battery case then procedes to send the truck off into na-na land.

I checked out a few other forums (google search), asked a few questions, got a few snyde remarks and made fun of for being new... that was after 2 weeks and no response to anything I asked. Most of the responses I did get weren't informative, just mocking...

Then I found this site and realized how active it was and the enormous amount of info a search will give you. Plus, when questions are asked, people here tend to answer you when they don't know you, then throw sarcasm and jokes once you become familiar. (sniff sniff [kleenex commercial])

Thanks for all the good info guys and for those of you who don't contribute and can, I suggest that you do. There is a lot of hard work poured into this site by the moderators and the members. Just remember, when you find something useful, someone has taken their time to tell you.

i went to google and typed in something like RC and this came up and i was just a guest here for a few weeks and got a lot of knowledge into me and then got my first and onlky rc, the savage .21.
savager

It had to do with Fasteddy and the '03 RCX show. I can't remember if I actually talked to Eddy there or not, but he told me about rcnt and I signed up right away. That was a year ago yesterday. What anniversary is that? the Dirt Clod? The booger?

Anyway, I check in at several sites once a week or so, but this is the only one I hang out at. Nowhere else has as entertaining characters as this! Its like an on-line David Lynch movie.....

They had a link on my hobby shop's website...and here I am.

Originally posted by scottm
I signed up right away. That was a year ago yesterday. What anniversary is that? the Dirt Clod? The booger?

It's the booger anniversary. Give us your snail mail address, and those of us that care, will send you some.

I found RCNT When Some real smart person(insert sarcasm) on the Traxxas fourums Was saying That they were now his main forum he would still go To Rcnitrotalk, yada yada, etc... So I Entered the url and I havent looked back since.

Then I actually joined the TRX forum for kicks, got my posts deleted Then Proptly Wrote a very nasty PM to the "special" Mod... rest is history.

I've found RCNT to be the Best forum I've ever Been on and see no reason to leave, and those early days sure were fun lol. I was a spamming biotch when I first got here, but the Guys straightened me up right quick. Been smooth rollin ever since then...

Last edited:
Was doing research when i was looking to buy a Savage found this forum.

This forum seemed to be much more newbie friendly than the other forums that I had browsed. I hang around and check the forum on a daily basis. I don't post much but I glean loads of information from this site.

Thanks ot everyone for a topnotch site.

Originally posted by Diver6127
Google search for r/c forums

Same here...!!! Thast how i found it.

And to go a little further than that....I have stayed with RCNT because of the great knowledge and how eager people are willing to help other members out.

Without this site....my STORM RTR would still be in the box!!!!!

Last edited:
I got sick of some fat chick editing my posts over at Traxxas. I saw the link in a sig:D

M@xx, long time. It's a shame I didn't get to know you better before. Welcome back.

Back