How did you find RC Nitrotalk?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure exactly how it went, but I know I read a post on Traxxas about it. I don't know if it was WoodiE or Sky or Chris, but I popped in here after it was up a few days and have been here since..

NCNitro sent me over to RCNT to check it out... Turned out, the day after I joined, I got banned from the Traxxas forums... Reasons unknown to this day....

GOOGLE search and the reson i picked it was because it was the first result and from what i expericed was the first one it the best and i was right so here i am

There sure are a bunch of you guys that were banned from the Traxxas forums. Does anyone know why?

I was recruited by NA. I had spoken to him a few times over at RCU before he became a mod and he told me about this site.

Originally posted by Rex2342
I was recruited by NA. I had spoken to him a few times over at RCU before he became a mod and he told me about this site.

I was an NA recruit too! I was banned from Traxxas as well! been here ever since and dont really bother with other forums, always liked the info and help I have gotten here, A great site!

If any wonders where NA is, He is in Istanbul Turkey and will return in a couple weeks.

I used to check out RCU when I was first thinking of getting into Nitro. It was the only forum i knew existed at the time. I remember there was a link to some post here on RCNT by X (i know the old timers here will know who I'm talking about) and I laughed my ass off. I did some poking around here and almost every thread i saw was hilarious.

Note: if you think we derail alot of topics now you should have seen it back then. OMFG I would say only about 1/4 of all posts were about RC. Everything else was about anything and everything you could possibly think of.

Back on topic, well i read some thread about a buggy i was looking at buying and I was hooked. Fast responses, kind words, and some funny people... i found my new home.

Originally posted by KillerWabbit
There sure are a bunch of you guys that were banned from the Traxxas forums. Does anyone know why?
Yes there are quite a few of us banned, temporary or otherwise from the Traxxas site. At the time Woodie made this site the mods over there were on a serious power trip so Woodie Made a renegade site. I actually told Woodie in a PM I didn't think this site would flourish however after his invitation and me being banned from Traxxas I joined here.

googled, I was looking for forums specfically for my XTM , I put this place in my favorites. I found so much knowledge and archived information here, I never went anywhere else.

Other sites
Had no posts for days, maybe two per day
I had to register to veiw archived stuff.
It let me use a spam mail account to sign up(hotmail i think )
I got answers from knowlegable people.
You all seemed like a big cool group of bashing friends, I wanted in on that, I also wanted to share my experiences with you all.

No abusive members/mods on power trips, it seems on just about any forum I run across there's one or two bully's either mods or admins, or the two in conjunction that harrass people for no other reason than they feel like it. I never go back to a forum when I see posts like that allowed.

the nite i got banned from traxxas site.i was looking for a new home.rcnt was the first one i came opon. so here i sit...all happy.
zandor lives again.....rcnt rocks....

Originally posted by Candyman
I'm not sure exactly how it went, but I know I read a post on Traxxas about it. I don't know if it was WoodiE or Sky or Chris, but I popped in here after it was up a few days and have been here since..

:wasted:

Originally posted by gutterboy
YAHOOOOO OOOO. Did a search for nitro cars and came upon this site. The first and only site that I have been on and would never go no where else.

Exact DITTO...
I had my Tmaxx for 2 years, and didn't even know Traxxas had a forum. I had just gotten my 2.5 engine upgrade and wanted info about carb problems. Found this forum, submitted my question, and the next day I think I had a dozen or so replies from great guys who were in the know.
There are already a few people here that I'll probably never meet, but I feel they would be close friends in real life.
This is a great forum.
My thanks to the folks that run it, and most of the members on it.

I did a google search for RC forums that don't suck and found this great little place.

Shortly after unloading on one of the Mods at TRAXXAS via PM, I found myself in need of a new home. I received an invitation to check this place out, and made it my home. Shortly after getting involved in RCNT, I again unloaded on the mods at TRAXXAS in a thread and got a permanent boot...which was fine...needed closeure on that craphole.

So, here I am.

Hmmm found a story that woodie posted on K&N filters that silentgtboy posted over at hpiforums. I really didn't like it there anyways. Damn 12 year old mods and very restrictive rules couldn't even cuss once in a while

Originally posted by FastEddy

Why did you choose this one?

I floated around for a while, not really needing help with issues on my r/c. I liked the tips and info I got from other posters and then when I had my own problems I started posting and sharing info that I learned from trial by fire.

The main reason I joined the forum ... It actually is a helpful forum full of talent and knowledge. Most of all, there's no real "power trips" from the mods. Big plus in my book.

Originally posted by Diver6127
Most of all, there's no real "power trips" from the mods. Big plus in my book.
Yeah right, you haven't crossed paths with Sky yet... :D

I really like it here. This place has class.
However, I don't really feel like I have the qualifications yet to be part of the family.
Anyone have the link to the Traxxas forum so I can join and get myself booted off?

Second star to the right and straight on until morning.

Originally posted by Rolex
I really like it here. This place has class.
However, I don't really feel like I have the qualifications yet to be part of the family.
Anyone have the link to the Traxxas forum so I can join and get myself booted off?
After a while of letting the wounds of the past heal we have mostly made our peace with them.