Dad Advice - you youngins are free to chime in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they use it wright
I liked the internet freedom when I grew up (not like I stopped ofc, still 14🙃). On internet and GTA V, I knew myself where I'd want to go for fun and where not at 11 years old. Though I did know stuff existed cuz all my friends were hyped about it. I think responsibility teached me more than if my parents would simply block the access
Previous page*

So I talk with my kiddo on the phone sometimes where we go into some deep conversations, and he is constantly surprising me with stuff he learns about, and understands.

This morning at 5:24am his time he calls to shoot the chit. Somehow we got on the subject of religeon, this and that, then somehow he tricked me into mentioning the Free Masons. So he did a Google and starts telling me what the Free Masons are as he was learning it. He then finds something mentioning the Illuminati, so down that path he goes.

Then he starts telling me all kinds of details about the war starting up in Yemen. I don't watch the news, so I had no clue that was even going on. I mean, he told me the play by play since it started til now.

I am sitting here dumbfounded how to take the fact that an 11 year old kid is talking to me about grown up things that even I don't know much about, if anything. I am a bit of a history buff, so I am happy he is learning. But is it too soon for him to learn this stuff?

Seriously... should I be concerned? Would be curious to hear other thoughts.
It's absolutely important he learns right now. He seems pretty sharp, I dont care much for watching the news but I think we should all be aware of what our world powers do in this game of chess they play. they are all shady as far as I'm concerned. Everything is about money, moves, and countermoves. In wartime, they can suspend an election. Who does that benefit though?
There are some theories that we shouldn't really consume ourselves with. leave that to the flat earthers!

Last edited:
Being I have no kids I can't relate. Tell your son to enjoy it while it lasts. One day the fuse lights and it all stresses you out.

Great to talk to kids - but at 5.24am? Well done.

One thing that gets to me is seeing kids in strollers trying to talk to their mom (or dad) who is glued to their phone and ignoring the kid. You will always have a phone but one day that kid might not want to talk to you.

Great to talk to kids - but at 5.24am? Well done.

One thing that gets to me is seeing kids in strollers trying to talk to their mom (or dad) who is glued to their phone and ignoring the kid. You will always have a phone but one day that kid might not want to talk to you.
He gets up 2 hours before he has to get on the bus at 7. And he actually said he woke up at 4:30, a half hour before his alarm went off.

I woke up thinking today was Friday and was expecting another phone call. It is 11am his time now, and I don't think he's up yet 🤪

So I talk with my kiddo on the phone sometimes where we go into some deep conversations, and he is constantly surprising me with stuff he learns about, and understands.

This morning at 5:24am his time he calls to shoot the chit. Somehow we got on the subject of religeon, this and that, then somehow he tricked me into mentioning the Free Masons. So he did a Google and starts telling me what the Free Masons are as he was learning it. He then finds something mentioning the Illuminati, so down that path he goes.

Then he starts telling me all kinds of details about the war starting up in Yemen. I don't watch the news, so I had no clue that was even going on. I mean, he told me the play by play since it started til now.

I am sitting here dumbfounded how to take the fact that an 11 year old kid is talking to me about grown up things that even I don't know much about, if anything. I am a bit of a history buff, so I am happy he is learning. But is it too soon for him to learn this stuff?

Seriously... should I be concerned? Would be curious to hear other thoughts.
The war in Yemen type stuff was the things I learned in school for school work. I honestly just heard a lot about the free masons and didn't know who they were and wanted to learn a lot about them. Apparently it's a big secret group or something. Like I always use to say, the things they teach kids in school are different then back then.