Back on the Axe!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the same way, didn't care to learn music theory and just wanted to play some campfire songs.
In reality music theory really opened my eyes and is pretty amazing how things work and how much
easier it is to play guitar with music theory.
I learned from videos and read this, it really is a incredible tool and I highly recommend it if you want to learn in depth guitar.
I've always wondered how the heck does that guy know where to go on the fretboard and what chord to play,
after reading this book and watching videos, now I know and my skill level is getting up there.

s-l500.jpg

I was the same way, didn't care to learn music theory and just wanted to play some campfire songs.
In reality music theory really opened my eyes and is pretty amazing how things work and how much
easier it is to play guitar with music theory.
I learned from videos and read this, it really is a incredible tool and I highly recommend it if you want to learn in depth guitar.
I've always wondered how the heck does that guy know where to go on the fretboard and what chord to play,
after reading this book and watching videos, now I know and my skill level is getting up there.

View attachment 172166
I absolutely get what you're saying, but I just don't have the attention span nor the passion. Knowing me, I just don't feel I'll ever want to get to that level....but, who knows.

It's just one of those hobbies I got serious about but still will only play for my wife and any dog that comes over. ;)
Truth is, I seriously suffer from stage fright. I can go to a music store and pick up a guitar and I CAN'T play it.

It's just one of those hobbies I got serious about but still will only play for my wife and any dog that comes over. ;)
Truth is, I seriously suffer from stage fright. I can go to a music store and pick up a guitar and I CAN'T play it.
Performance anxiety

Some are more embarrassing than others. Right, Henry?
Sad Henry Rollins GIF

Thanks bud but rest assured, the sign of a good craftsman is how well he covers his mistakes...;)
Performance anxiety

Some are more embarrassing than others. Right, Henry?
Sad Henry Rollins GIF
You been peeking in my windows again?

I get that full band experience by playing with backing tracks and song play Along's.
That way the drummer doesn't poke me in the eye with a drum stick when I screw up.

I get that full band experience by playing with backing tracks and song play Along's.
That way the drummer doesn't poke me in the eye with a drum stick when I screw up.
My playing is so lame that I get kicked out of the band by the backing track.

Still plucking away. Things are slowly coming back.
I believe I got my guitar set up to where I like it....for now. I initially upgraded the strings to Ernie Ball(10 13 17 26 36 46), but I found it too stiff for my unconditioned finger strength. Yesterday, I installed Ernie Ball (8 12 14 22 30 38), and I like it so, so much better!
As of this morning, I attempted to set the intonation using YT. For %86, this guitar was nearly perfect in intonation. The only one that was off was the low E, I couldn't get it perfect, but it's very close, so good enough for me. I also, got the action as low as it'll go. Very happy with the feel of the guitar right now!
I sent back the personal amp, and traded it in for this orange mini 5w amp. I really like this little amp. It allows me to hook up to my phone, via BT, and play along with music through my phone.
While I was doing all this guitar stuff, I went ahead and replaced the +20 year old original strings on the acoustic. Those strings were a bit of a pain to do, due to the design of the tuning keys and head design of a traditional acoustic.
20231003_101559.jpg

Last edited:
Back