Pennsylvania Had a good race Friday night! Best result yet!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Went to Friday night lights at Pitstop Hobbies last night. After the discussion in another thread I decided to only run my B74. Well that was the right choice!

I entered in The sportsman class because I had a buddy in from out of town who’d never been on a dirt track before and I wanted to run with him.

I went out for practice and was RUSTY after not being out for a few weeks. The track was pretty wet too so I switched to some blockades on the rear from the Sprinters I usually run. That really helped a bunch even though the foams in them are ROACHED haha.

Qualifying round 1 was ok I was getting back into the swing of things then got taken out by a rouge SCT that launched himself into the front straight from the big double I ended up upside down and it took a second for the marshal to get to the scene. It was a good battle going between me and another guy the whole race. I had just gotten him the lap before. I was able to get back up to him but wasn’t able to make the pass again before the buzzer.

IMG_2552.jpeg

Round 2 was better. Battled with the same dude the whole race. But just couldn’t get around him. Still was having fun and was way more consistent other than my first lap. Where I was trying to get around a stadium truck going into the big sweeper and they spun and pushed me over the pipe on the outside to another spot that’s difficult to get to for the marshals.

IMG_2553.jpeg

Round 3 I got a little over confident and made a few dumb mistakes but was still able to pull out a 2nd just barely 😰

IMG_2554.jpeg

The main was pretty exciting. There was a big pileup on lap one the marshal was clearly overwhelmed ended up throwing me down upside down again and had to come back for a second try haha. I was a little agitated in the moment but quickly got over it. I got taken out by lap traffic a couple times but in the end I was able to hold my 2nd spot for my best finish yet in a main!

IMG_2555.jpeg

I’m really amped for next week and plan to run the B74 in both sportsman and 4wd buggy. I left feeling pretty accomplished and much more confident in picking a line to get around other cars. Gonna keep chipping away and sooner or later I’ll be able to pull out my first win.

Great job, I went to the previous Friday race. But it's a hassle for me to make it on Friday. Looking forward to there next Saturday race.

Back