Pennsylvania Pit Stop this Friday! It’s been 3 weeks since my last race day.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Spent a few hours this afternoon getting the cars prepped and the pit box freshened up. Can’t wait to rip Friday! It’s gonna be a loooong day. Up @ 3:00a for work. Leave work at (hopefully a little before) 2:00p and cannonball to Mount Joy to be setup and on track by 4:30. Race till minimum 8:00-9:00p. Gonna sleep like a baby Friday night!

I’ve made some setup changes across all three cars. I got the Invisible Speed book and it’s pretty great. Definitely worth the price.

The B74.1 got an 8.5T mod motor cause I just couldn’t keep up with anyone on the straights. And I’m hoping it helps with the jumps too. I really want to clear the big triple 🤣.

IMG_3111.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg

I threw the ball diff in the T6.4 and made some roll center adjustments. Hoping to calm it down some.

IMG_3113.jpeg

And the Tekno got a set of modified AE hexes because the ones it came with practically require a puller to get the wheels off. (Another thing on the list of things that will make me sell it and build one of those conversions for a B74.1-2 chassis.)

It sure does look cool though.

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

Also going to have a bunch of stuff for sale with me. A castle powered Slash 4x4 ultimate, a bunch of traxxas batteries and a dual ID charger, A minty Purple DR10 and a big shopping bag full of wheels and tires. Hopefully I can get enough out of all that stuff to cover the RC10 40th kit.

Anyone from here gonna make it out to Mount Joy Friday?

December?! Hope you've been keeping up with your track skills.
Well I somewhat take that back, last time I did race was at beach RC last month. But before that was December. Since I changed my setup, I should drive better on Saturday. Just have to get some practice in.

I usually bring all my cars to the track because I can only go down so many times. Miss having a local track that I can be there every other weekend or so. Instead of having one farther away and being there like once a month. But hey, at least I have a local track.

I told myself I have to get all my work caught up and done before tomorrow night so I can go to the track on Saturday so hopefully that can happen.

Looking good BarnFab. Good luck racing.

Curious? How do you like that Kyosho car stand? Wish listed one myself. Like the idea of the ball bearing swivel. Is it smooth? Does it rock much with the weight of a car on it? All my swivel stands are old school metal on metal and hang up turning with a lighter chassis. Kyosho a bit pricey for a stand but worth it if its smooth turning. -AC

Looking good BarnFab. Good luck racing.

Curious? How do you like that Kyosho car stand? Wish listed one myself. Like the idea of the ball bearing swivel. Is it smooth? Does it rock much with the weight of a car on it? All my swivel stands are old school metal on metal and hang up turning with a lighter chassis. Kyosho a bit pricey for a stand but worth it if its smooth turning. -AC
It’s really nice. Very stable. The bearing swivel is great, but there’s a detent so it klicks into 8 different positions. It’s fine when I have a heavy sct or the mini truggy on there but the wheeler I have to push down to get it to rotate with the car. If you’re thinking about getting it I’d say do it.

I think its like an hr or so drive

I been wanting some carpet action so that would be nice
Check their FB. One of the guys I know from Pit Stop did a walk through video. No jumps set up yet but the whole facility looks top notch.

Well the Friday Night Faceoff at Pit Stop was pretty good. My second qualifier in mini truggy was the run of the night for me. I was really feeling it and I made a last minute decision to switch to the black compound ellipses. They really worked well! I was getting though the rhythm section pretty cleanly. I’m really comfortable with the S’s in the middle. I hit the triple a few times and double/singled it clean. Got my brakes pretty dialed for the end of the back straight.

Ran my best consistently (93.301%) yet and my best lap time on the new layout (31.308sec).

The fast guys are about 3.5 seconds faster than me so I still have a bunch of work to do. I really want to do a midweek practice rental some day soon. And I am going to make a few adjustments based on JQ’s book to get it to rotate a little better specially in the big banked sweeper.

I didn’t enter the stadium truck took it out for a few laps during practice and it was just all over the place. I’m not a fan of the ball diff at all and I’m pretty sure that’s the root of a lot of the issues. In order to keep it from barking I had to have it so tight It was like I had 100k oil in a gear diff. Just too stiff. Did feel like rebuilding during practice so I put it away and got on with the Tekno and the B74.1.

Great weather. Slightly chilly at night but very little wind. I think I’m gonna favor the Friday night races. Especially once it gets hot out.

IMG_3120.jpeg
IMG_3121.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg

Last edited:
Back