The world 🌎 is ending today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little sis got this one, from around indy area

7EB6CD69-C927-49C0-A1B6-905DC6BF7D38.jpeg

Sorry @TRAT I’m afraid I disagree. This was the most amazing thing I’ve seen in my life words and pictures don’t do it justice
Agree. It was better than the one I saw when I was a kid. Pretty bummed though. The lens filter I bought for my phone completely blacked out the camera, so I was unable to get any good pics or video of it. Without the filter at full eclipse it just looked like a pic of the sun.

Nothing here in AZ to brag about, other than some flash burn 🔥 in my eyes 👀 😵‍💫😵

Pro tip:
Don't stare directly into it. Use protection
Id say use a welding mask. You look ultra cooler.
We did that at work. Pretty cool but still couldn't look at it but few seconds & we looked cool 😎

The world is coming to an end!

I thought the world was coming to an end in 2012. My date stamp at work didn't have a 2013 on it. Why would it have a 2013 if the world was ending in 2012? It made sense to me, but we're all still here.

I had no idea it got that dark with 100%.
It doesn't. There was a total eclipse here in the KC area in 2017. Even at its darkest point, there was still an obvious 'day glow' . Not like nighttime dark.

I have to say that I was impressed. One cool thing is that you can see a 360 degree sunset although it’s pretty dim
I'm in NH, which was along the path of today's eclipse, but I think it was much further north for the 100% effect.
Daylight just turned this weird hue when the eclipse was occurring. I really didn't care enough to get those special glasses. During that time, I was busy rinsing off my nasty septic tank trap.

It doesn't. There was a total eclipse here in the KC area in 2017. Even at its darkest point, there was still an obvious 'day glow' . Not like nighttime dark.
That’s a good point it could have seemed darker to us because we were kind of stuck in the trees

Back