The purist definition of an Oxymoron= Family Vacation

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donk

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Normally our family, at least whoever can make it, get together on Christmas, but not this year. So it was decided to get together at Easter, and everybody and their hair stylist showed up! And this is where the nightmare began.
Some families have those members that should never be in the same room with each other, I have that family and I end up stuck in the middle of these pit bull brawls. I know now, unwillingly of course, who everybody is voting for, their ideas on World Peace, population control and Electric cars, etc,etc?! And most of this at Death Metal concert levels!! I saw this tsunami coming, and tried stayed as far away as possible, but tsunami's chase you down and drown you:confused:
With every dark cloud, there is a silver lining! I was schooled in the fine art of making Slime, about 5 different ways, because even the 12 kids couldn't agree on the real way to make this glob of goo. So, on the bright side, now I can take learning how to make Slime off my Bucket List:celebrate:
This fiasco is not done yet, I'm lucky enough to be right in the path of the upcoming eclipse, so now I'll have the house full of crazies back in my lap🤪😵‍💫

Looking to rent a room for a week, price is no object!!!

Normally our family, at least whoever can make it, get together on Christmas, but not this year. So it was decided to get together at Easter, and everybody and their hair stylist showed up! And this is where the nightmare began.
Some families have those members that should never be in the same room with each other, I have that family and I end up stuck in the middle of these pit bull brawls. I know now, unwillingly of course, who everybody is voting for, their ideas on World Peace, population control and Electric cars, etc,etc?! And most of this at Death Metal concert levels!! I saw this tsunami coming, and tried stayed as far away as possible, but tsunami's chase you down and drown you:confused:
With every dark cloud, there is a silver lining! I was schooled in the fine art of making Slime, about 5 different ways, because even the 12 kids couldn't agree on the real way to make this glob of goo. So, on the bright side, now I can take learning how to make Slime off my Bucket List:celebrate:
This fiasco is not done yet, I'm lucky enough to be right in the path of the upcoming eclipse, so now I'll have the house full of crazies back in my lap🤪😵‍💫

Looking to rent a room for a week, price is no object!!!
My dad's side of the family is that way. Even when not arguing, they are nearly screaming at each other in laughter. It was always really embarassing to be anywhere near them.

The family reunions on my dads side used to be a blood bath. Allways a fight somewhere.
They are all gone now so no need to be bothered by that crap any more.
@Donk I hope everything is getting back to normal.

I don't have any siblings left who I want to see, so our get togethers are with our kids/grand kids and/or nieces and nephews.

They usually aren't too bad, the occasional argument happens, not too violently, but it's good to hear other's opinions, even if they are founded on TikTok authorities. :hehe:

The family reunions on my dads side used to be a blood bath. Allways a fight somewhere.
They are all gone now so no need to be bothered by that crap any more.
@Donk I hope everything is getting back to normal.
I'm good, I love seeing everybody together, just not enough tight white jackets to go around sometimes,,, lol

OMG, can I relate! I'm blessed, or cursed, to have a very large family. Every holiday gathering is as you described. Loud and very opinionated. Some hate each other with a passion and go out of their way to make a scene. I don't get it. We're adults. I'm the only one who can talk to every single member of my famly at any time. Why? Because I told them I'm Switzerland. I don't take sides. This isn't highschool. Grow up. You have an issue, talk it out. Even had a T-shirt made with the Switzerland on the front. When someone asks if I heard what somebody else said about them, I just point at the shirt. And walk away.

OMG, can I relate! I'm blessed, or cursed, to have a very large family. Every holiday gathering is as you described. Loud and very opinionated. Some hate each other with a passion and go out of their way to make a scene. I don't get it. We're adults. I'm the only one who can talk to every single member of my famly at any time. Why? Because I told them I'm Switzerland. I don't take sides. This isn't highschool. Grow up. You have an issue, talk it out. Even had a T-shirt made with the Switzerland on the front. When someone asks if I heard what somebody else said about them, I just point at the shirt. And walk away.
I thought I saw you at the reunion:cheers: