The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, this wasn't bought, but given to me.
Snatched 2 free drag slash bodies from a random dude at the storage unit. Good thing I brought the slash to bash around because if I didn't, I wouldn't have these bodies lol. Drag slash coming soon? @ahr43 , stay tuned, maybe. Might be searching for a drag slash or drag roller. Converting my already rustler or slash into one, I don't ideally want to do as I like to do a mixture of bashing and racing and stuff. 1 car for all can't ideally be done so that's why I'll be searching for a roller. And be using spare parts I already have. Drag car probably won't happen till next year though due to my funds and already projects.

View attachment 187851

View attachment 187852
pZqBDDB.png

What's the climbing saw model? I have one that's older plus an old 038, ms310, and a couple ms170. Don't get me started on weedeaters snd the like.

Ms193t. Have ms391 too, but little much for the sticks😂 and an echo that’s my trash saw

A outboard tilt pin and a 7 Pin Flat Plug to 7 Pin Small Round trailer Plug Adapter. Tomorrow I'm buying a new winch rope. The costs of owning a boat never ends.

What's the saying? Something about...... if it flies, floats, f*cks or drives...... something, something

Well I bought something today. Who knows how long it’ll take to get here, but I’m on the list! I had no intention to buy another kit this summer but couldn’t pass this up.

RC10 40th Anniversary Rerelease.

IMG_3097.jpeg

I’ve wanted one since I was a kid and now it’s finally my turn! I was tempted by the CC kit but I actually want to run it in the vintage class every once in a while. Gonna hunt for some cool period correct electrics for it. Some version of hopped up brushed motor and a Novak speed control. If anyone has that vintage goodness laying around lmk I may be interested.

I’m so stoked!

Planning to go full box art with it.

I think I have an old Novak speed control, and maybe a LRP as well... I do know I have some old stock motors and one 19T modified.

If it were me, I'd put a mild brushless setup in it, or at least a modern ESC with lipo capability. I'm too old and impatient for 4 minute run times. :oops:

Last edited:
I think I have an old Novak speed control, and maybe a LRP as well... I do know I have some old stick motors and one 19T modified.

If it were me, I'd put a mold brushless setup in it, or at least a modern ESC with lipo capability. I'm too old and impatient for 4 minute run times. :oops:
Yea you’re probably right. I actually have a DR10 with a Reedy ESC and motor that I could pull for it. Simple setup. I think it’s 3300 kv sensorless. That will probably do the trick. I don’t intend to run it much. But my track has 2 or three days per summer that they run vintage. Otherwise it’s gonna sit on my shelf and be friggin awesome 🤣

Edit to add: I’m screwed if they do an RC10T rerelease… now I actually can't buy another kit this summer.

This pisses me off more than you can possibly imagine.
I ordered my paint the 7th of this month. I live 1 1/2 hours west of Boise.
Last night my paint was in Salt Lake City which is about 8 hours from me.
Today it's in Denver which is almost 13 hours from me. Did I miss something?

Estimated delivery: Tuesday, April 16, 2024

ProcessedIn transitDelivered
DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
Apr 1610:50 AMDenver CO Network Distribution CenterArrived at USPS regional destination facility
Apr 158:25 PMSalt Lake City Distribution CenterArrived at USPS regional facility
Apr 1512:00 AMIn transit to next facility
Apr 126:42 AMHarrisburg, PA, United StatesDeparted USPS facility
Apr 121:52 AMHarrisburg, PA, United StatesArrived at USPS facility