The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not buy them today but they showed up today.
I have to link them to a switch. I will be racing at night on the big outdoor oval. So I only want them to light up going into the turn. Just to get a wow out of the crowd.

IMG_5387.jpeg

I did not buy them today but they showed up today.
I have to link them to a switch. I will be racing at night on the big outdoor oval. So I only want them to light up going into the turn. Just to get a wow out of the crowd.

View attachment 186180
Wow!

Couldn't you just use a light controller and use the brake light function? I'm betting with a capacitor or something (not much of an electronics guru) you could even make the light fade on and off.

You big softy! If I had a wife as cool as yours though, I'd buy her whatever she wants, as long as she lets me play with them from time to time.

And don't go playin in the gutter you old pervert.
I was there before the last sentence. 🤣

Wow!

Couldn't you just use a light controller and use the brake light function? I'm betting with a capacitor or something (not much of an electronics guru) you could even make the light fade on and off.
I thought of that but I don’t use the brakes going into the turn. I let off the throttle a little when the batteries are hot. Brakes would just send it off the track.
It also got headlights and tail lights .

You big softy! If I had a wife as cool as yours though, I'd buy her whatever she wants, as long as she lets me play with them from time to time.

And don't go playin in the gutter you old pervert.
One of the coolest thing about my wife is , as long she has a book in her hands I can do or buy anything I want.
She loves it when I buy parts and guitar stuff, it keeps me busy and out of my chair and she loves that.
We are on a fixed income so I watch what I buy and usually put a time on it when ever I want to purchase something.

One of the coolest thing about my wife is , as long she has a book in her hands I can do or buy anything I want.
She loves it when I buy parts and guitar stuff, it keeps me busy and out of my chair and she loves that.
We are on a fixed income so I watch what I buy and usually put a time on it when ever I want to purchase something.
Yeah yeah yeah. Stop braggin 🤣

OK, so I have a trip coming and I wanted to bring a small crawler for goofing around at the hotel. Heck I even bought and modded a SCX24 with that intent. Unfortunately I've been in my own head about the Lipo battery restrictions on airplanes stuff. What if I bring one of my trucks and some hardass confiscates my battery then I'm stuck dragging around a lifeless truck with no battery. Oh the horror. That'll never do.
Good justification to buy a Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 right? I know people criticize them but those AAA batteries are available anywhere. It's a smart idea. I now have a dedicated travel truck. I like the realism so I'm not going to mess with it too much. So that's it. I really can't justify any more, until the next one.
https://kyoshoamerica.com/mini-z-4x4-readyset-toyota-land-cruiser-300-black-32533bk.html
Not my video:

2FAC7610-C38A-4867-AEFE-8B5DE94F7CAC.png

When I used them they worked. I still put the green slime in just in case, but the strips stopped most of the goat head punctures. Pretty impressive since they used to go right thorough my Vans sneakers.

No more pokey on da tubes.

View attachment 186358

When I used them they worked. I still put the green slime in just in case, but the strips stopped most of the goat head punctures. Pretty impressive since they used to go right thorough my Vans sneakers.
My bad bro, I was trying to remember who told me about them and just realized it was you.
I'll install them and they certainly can't hurt.

I just bought my brass diff covers, brass side bars and wheel weights for the new scx24 coming.
I already have a Furitek system, Emax servo, and aluminum links.
I'll get my mud slingers next month.
I'm looking forward to this one but the wife claimed it. :(

Arrived a few days ago. Working on a few small upgrades and bling with colored hardware. Added new fans fsr smart enough to add 2 extra 40mm holes next to oem fan location. Wire loom to remove the ziptie. Metal turnbuckle ends. No pics of the hardware yet.

IMG_20240326_141159.jpg

IMG_20240326_150154.jpg

IMG_20240326_141239.jpg

IMG_20240326_141222.jpg

My bad bro, I was trying to remember who told me about them and just realized it was you.
I'll install them and they certainly can't hurt.
Not your fault, it's rare that I know something useful. 🤣