The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with Bamafan's recommendation and bought a OFNA 10244 starter box. Great suggestion, this thing is bomb diggity.
ofna 10244.jpg

I bet this thing could turn over that ^Z28R giveaway engine with ease, just sayin.
635.gif

Pioneer av receiver. Polk powered subwoofer, 200 ft of monster speaker wire, 50ft hdmi cable. 55-70in tv wall mount.

Had all my electronics/tv on a stand since we moved into the house almost two years ago, and had half the floor torn up for almost a year due to a burst pipe. Getting the tv mounted and surround sound run tomorrow, hopefully all new floors in the next week or so.

Congrats on the Pioneer. I'm now on the 3rd Pioneer in the car. Won't get anything less. I still have the previous 2.
Anyone want to buy them? The first has a cassette deck, the 2nd is CD with remote, but I got the 3rd for the bluetooth phone. Pioneer deck and Alpine speakers. The sound is flawless perfection.

Running a Pioneer head-unit in the CL with the factory Bose speakers for the Bluetooth as well, Rolex. Great combo for less than $150.

Had some older Radio Shack Optimus A/V equipment that was re-branded Pioneer that was pretty good, too.

With the setup I have now, this will last me hopefully the next 10-15 years. Got the 60in smart samsung smart tv few months back, and with the other components I have I should be good. The only reason I upgraded the receiver is because it did not have any HDMI inputs and I didn't wanna have to buy 4 50 ft hdmi cables to hook up cable box, computer, xbox and play station to the tv from where I am putting everything.

I've had the same Pioneer head unit in no less than 5 vehicles. Bought it in 1999, still going strong. No experience with the newer stuff, but if it's anything like the older stuff it will be incredible.

Ordered some RPM bumpers for the Revo I bought from nitrobuzzard.

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Stove and oven for my wife toolbox for me yes my wife is spoiled rotten LOL

Beautiful oven. You can use it to warm up your tools. :D

Got a new down winter jacket by Polo at Burlington Coat Factory. So soft, so warm. It feels like I'm wearing a hug.

and I believe that would create some problems of course right now she wouldn't notice. Nothing like a new oven smell lol

6 new, 6mm UE drive cups for $24 shipped!
And a like new 28-135USM lens for my Canon.

I went with Bamafan's recommendation and bought a OFNA 10244 starter box. Great suggestion, this thing is bomb diggity.
View attachment 15253

I bet this thing could turn over that ^Z28R giveaway engine with ease, just sayin.
635.gif

You made a great choice. You won't regret buying it. It will crank any engine you got with ease. I like it too because of the easy adjustment for aligning your car.

bought my wife a 1 hour hot stone massage plus 1 hour sensory deprivation floatation session for her birthday which just happens to be Valentines day also. She said to me "I will say yes to anything you want to buy for your next hobby purchase." SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!

^^Jealous of that lens! Ordered the VDP kit for the Revo.

I'm chompin at the bit waiting for it to show up, it has some great reviews and it fit my budget.

I put the VDP kit in my SuperShocks after shaving down the diameter and drilling out the holes, and have been pleased with them.
I am going to buy 2 more kits, one for my Revo and one for my other SuperShocks.

I've been thinking about trying the MIP bypass kit instead the Revo VDP kit.

Replaced my 8yr old 46" tv with a 65" Sony 4K TV and picked up a Sony sound bar to go with it. My wife and I had agreed on the 55" version but when I went up there the salesman pointed out that the 65" was on sale with $675ish off, so it was only $125 more than the 55".