The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid, a friend's grandmother had one of those. Hand cranked. It was really amazing to listen and WATCH records on it.

The Black album and Justice for All where borderline great albums in my opinion, I still think Master was the best Album they ever put out the second best is a tough choice between Lightning and Garage days.
While I do agree that the Black album was borderline my personal favorite is And Justice For All. i love all of their first 5 albums though. the black was ok and the rest...not so much. What blows my mind that the Black album is their highest selling record having gone platinum 16 times (making it the 25th most sold record of all time) which is twice as much as their second best selling album Justice at only having gone platinum 8 times. I do think its funny that their 2 decade old Black album outsold Megadeaths latest album so far this year. I'm not much of a Megadeath fan and I can't stand Mustaine...

Then no doubt we are all in agreement that the Donny and Marie "Christmas with the Osmond Family" is surely one of the baddest albums ever.
If by baddest you mean worst then yeah I'm right there with ya :)

Who buys CDs now a days?...lol. The deck in my current truck doesn't even play CDs. All it has is multiple USB ports.

I still do, I refuse to pay to stream music, so I either buy the CD or just the tracks I want, then drop it onto my 32gb micro thumb and pop it into either vehicles players USB port.
Hit the random function & I'm good to go.
If the head unit gets jacked or the thumb pukes, no biggy, I can load up another one in about 15 minutes. :)

I still do, I refuse to pay to stream music, so I either buy the CD or just the tracks I want, then drop it onto my 32gb micro thumb and pop it into either vehicles players USB port.
Hit the random function & I'm good to go.
If the head unit gets jacked or the thumb pukes, no biggy, I can load up another one in about 15 minutes. :)

I've become an iTunes whore, almost every album I own now came from iTunes, like you I just throw everything on a memory stick, iPad mini, or iPod touch.

Some BMRC goodies.........but I'm on a 2-3 week waiting list.

Pandora and slacker radio are free.
Pandora is tha shizznit! at least when it comes to just wanting random good music and I dont feel like listening to anything in particular. I have probably 500-600 CDs but there just for show now...I have them all digitally backed up on my PC and I just drop 200-300 MP3s on a cd and stick it in my car that way I dont need to worry about my CDs getting stolen. Id use a thumbdrive or my phone if I hadnt stopped putting aftermarket stereo equipment in my cars. My charger has the high end stereo system in it and while its no monster its quite loud, sounds nice, and has two 10s built into the doors. I'm getting old I guess but it seems good enough for me these days. :)

Pandora and slacker radio are free.
But they do go against your data cap and in some areas they don't work due to limited connectivity... A thumb drive with mp3s or unprotected iTunes files is always connected. If I'm going on a road trip in car without streaming or a USB port, I also burn mp3s to a CD-ROM.

30" vertical smoker, apple wood chips, cherry wood chips, charcoal chimney. I got to go get some charcoal, local Wal-Mart only had the lighter fluid impregnated charcoal and I'm not going to use that crap. Was going to season it today and smoke some ribs tomorrow but it started raining.

Rain doesn't really have an effect on smoking meat that I know of other than the cook getting wet checking on stuff...

Good to know then. Heck it might even be better, create more smoke/steam. Anyone know what's better to use with charcoal, wood chunks or chips? Seems I picked up a bag of Apple wood chunks, and cherry wood chips.
Also is seasoning the smoker necessary? Instructions say to use it empty for 2 hours to burn the oil residues off from manufacturing, or spray it with I'm assuming Pam (vegetable based cooking oil). I'm going the using it empty route.

Most of the people that I know that use electric smokers use the chips. If you're cooking with just wood/charcoal, use the chunks.

Thank you kind sir. I was thinking the chunks would burn longer and help with good consistent heat without having to add more continuously. Looks like I'll exchange the bag for some more chunks.

Just ordered a new rack and pinion for the 1:1, no better feeling than dropping $600 unexpectedly!

@wacmartin chips are a pain on an electric. They ignite really easy and if you soak them they dont smoke. By the time they start smoking they are ready to ignite again. Use chunks. I still use some chips as far from the burner as possible but I just lay dry chunks in between the burner and get tons of smoke. Been using apple for almost everything lately. Smoking a couple times a week now too, LOVE the electric smoker! Get really good advice from some guys on Woodie's Homegardeningforum.com site.

Well I smoked some ribs last night! Didn't turn out to good. Had to finish them on the BBQ cause I wanted to eat before 9PM.

I'm not using an electric, I'm using a charcoal. Chunks seem to give me more smoke but chips seem to get hotter I definitely need some help!
Oh and Fresh black pepper, FTW my mouth was on fire
The meat was tender but a bit dry and was very smoky tasting. I think I wasn't getting way too much smoke and not a high enough temperature.

MIP thorp drivers
bag of parts for the fragile ecx ruckus
red backlit thermapen for my pit barrel smoker