So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone make me custom ramps? That will be very helpful. My current Amazon ramp is like only 7 inches tall. Fun when I got it. Now it's boring. I need a #sendit kind of ramp
FB170564-05B5-413F-BF80-4749D0BDA946.jpeg

Here ya go. (It may require some reassembly after shipping)

I got in a 6S ramp and bash session with my Asuga this afternoon. My normal ramp is too big to fit in my car, so I used a makeshift ramp made from a sheet of plywood and a handful of plastic skate ramps. The plywood blew away a couple of times in the strong winds and the ramp was anything but stable. Still, I got a few really nice sends; including a couple of backflips and I even pulled--and landed--a front flip. The Asuga continues to impress: fast, agile, tough, and most importantly FUN! I love, love, love this rig!

1711316369400.png

Can someone make me custom ramps? That will be very helpful. My current Amazon ramp is like only 7 inches tall. Fun when I got it. Now it's boring. I need a #sendit kind of ramp

That big ramp took less then 5 minutes to make 🤣 it was a good pallet, chopped the one end off and added a couple 2x6 ends laying around

My "rescue boat" came from Amazon today. I'm hoping this little guy can retrieve my sailboat should it need to be rescued. I had things I needed to do after work today, so only got to test it out in the backyard pond fir about 15min. This thing is just about the perfect size(11") and speed for my little pond. I a actually enjoyed zooming around the pond a lot more than I thought I would.
Now, I'll need to experiment with different methods and rigs to make this work for retrieving the much larger sailboat.
Screenshot_20240325_215030.jpg

My "rescue boat" came from Amazon today. I'm hoping this little guy can retrieve my sailboat should it need to be rescued. I had things I needed to do after work today, so only got to test it out in the backyard pond fir about 15min. This thing is just about the perfect size(11") and speed for my little pond. I a actually enjoyed zooming around the pond a lot more than I thought I would.
Now, I'll need to experiment with different methods and rigs to make this work for retrieving the much larger sailboat. View attachment 186195
OMG its green and ugly as ugly can get.
Send it to me. :D

Race report: got 3rd again. First 2 heats was a mess. I got a little peeved off in the 2nd heat because the orange and white car and the blue car ran into me on purpose while I was leading causing my steering to be thrown off again. I know it was on purpose because everyone was getting too rowdy and careless. I'm completely fine with "rubbing is racing" but they took it a little too far. In the main, I returned the favor and spun them both out to clinch 3rd spot while I was a couple laps behind. I was a couple laps behind because the track went from grippy to loose in an instant.

Either way, I'll being taking a little break from Tuesday nights. Work has been slamming me with a lot of things to take care of and I could use a break.

IMG_3865.jpg

Race report: got 3rd again. First 2 heats was a mess. I got a little peeved off in the 2nd heat because the orange and white car and the blue car ran into me on purpose while I was leading causing my steering to be thrown off again. I know it was on purpose because everyone was getting too rowdy and careless. I'm completely fine with "rubbing is racing" but they took it a little too far. In the main, I returned the favor and spun them both out to clinch 3rd spot while I was a couple laps behind. I was a couple laps behind because the track went from grippy to loose in an instant.

Either way, I'll being taking a little break from Tuesday nights. Work has been slamming me with a lot of things to take care of and I could use a break.

View attachment 186293
I'd have ran them off the track.

Looks pretty responsive. :thumbs-up:
As mentioned, I bought this for the purpose of it being a rescue boat. I've actually attempted that yesterday. Trying to use the boat as like a tug boat and pushing another vessel into position was rather tricky. It's not like a car where you could simply do minor steering into position. With this boat, you have to drift into position, which will require quite a bit of practice, on my part.
I'm going to have to look into other methods as well.

As mentioned, I bought this for the purpose of it being a rescue boat. I've actually attempted that yesterday. Trying to use the boat as like a tug boat and pushing another vessel into position was rather tricky. It's not like a car where you could simply do minor steering into position. With this boat, you have to drift into position, which will require quite a bit of practice, on my part.
I'm going to have to look into other methods as well.

Can you attach a small length of pool noodle to the front? it would slow it down and give you more pushing surface.

Stick a rare earth magnet on the front of your sailboat and attach a pole on the speedboat with a ball magnet.

Stick a rare earth magnet on the front of your sailboat and attach a pole on the speedboat with a ball magnet.
Pinpoint steering accuracy is tough in the water, especially from a distance. It's not like steering and maneuvering a land vehicle. Once the throttle goes off, there's not much steering. I think mostly because of the tiny rudder. Also, there's not really a low speed. It's essentially medium, fast, and full throttle.