Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NitroKing, the tracl in Reading (when I saw it last) was quite a bit smaller than hobby hut, but it was in good condition. The problem with that place is the people who run it (they aren't very experienced). It's the closest track to me too.

Where you from bigfreak? Hobbytown is the closest to me as well. They are re-doing their track at Hobbytown,but it will be in the same area so it wont be any bigger.

bigfreak said:
CorradoPsi, congrats on the 1000 posts and the avatar.

I still have this pic laying around:

hobbyhut.jpg

the track looks all squashed and funny in that pic, but it's so big I donno how else you'd do it. You can hardly see the cross over in the back. That's one of the coolest parts I think.

They will probably change the track layout for next year anyway.

lol myd friend took that pic!

well bad day. new motor got more time on it. but broke a hub adaptor bolt. no spares, no1 runs GS, nor do any shops stock GS. game over come home. not so bad considerin no1 i knew showed up, they agreed beforehand 2 run a 15min main (new motor and no pit crew), and weather is comin...

argh. there's always next time.

-Ult

Thats too bad,If I was there you would have had a spare.

crzy-svg-usr, yeah I know. I still had it laying around from when you posted it on RCU. I was last there in July or something. I haven't a clue what the new layout looked like.

psunitro, I'm from McAdoo (Exit 138 on 81N).

jeff, no u wouldnt. b/c the bolt is unique 2 the SUT, it goes into the hub adaptor and pinches the axle pin. i had my storm pro parts car, and as soon as i extracted the bolt i realized, i looked up and knew i was done b/c it unique 2 the truck, not on the buggy.

brrr

-Ult

glad to see a few more guys out today. had a good time, see ya all again in another week or 2.

was just at hobby hut today and they said mid apil they start again

took a drive down to the track but only got halfway it is pure mud the guy at hh said lots of people were getting stuck so i walked to the track, its in suprisingly good shape too bad it was freezing out today or else i woulda tryed out the mugen

crzy-svg-usr, bumps and jumps is open www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com Those weekends when it was kind of warm out, I was temped to go, but I'm waiting on my LHS's fuel order. I'm completely out. Oh well, it's back to freezing anyway.

Come on down! You dont use too much fuel there,b/c you dont get to practice much.

It's been sitting in my basement for 6 months and I've got like maybe 2 tanks left of it. I'm OUT OUT. You just reminded me to ring up the ol' LHS anyway. Maybe the fuel order is in. Gettin the bug for sure. =devil

just ran the prospec again today and did a final tune on the ws7II, wow this engine is insane, and temps soo low, i havnt experienced any probs with it yet, whoever has had probs with this engine can't tune

I personally never owned one. :shrug: I think my next engine might be a vspec. They sound sweet. That'll be a long way off. My P5 only have a little over a gallon on it. ( I love my P5, but I donno what a stock one is like )

Hey whats up everybody. My name is Terry, i live in lancaster. I've raced touring cars before but I'm getting into 1/8th buggy this year. I'm thinking either a kyosho sp1 or the new thunder tiger. I'll probably run at pitstop and maybe the hobby hut as well. Well i just wanted to introduce myself. By the way, how many 1/8 buggies usually show at pitstop.

might wanna include mugen prospec or an xb8 on ur short list. welcome. think most are waitin 4 their usual outdoor tracks to open meanwhile gettin their fix at BnJ indoors for now.

-Ult

shadow21, I was there early last season. I'd estimate maybe 8-10 buggies? Pitstop is a nice size of 10th scale. 8th is a little cramped, but they make up for it by having a very nice family atmosphere. Pitstop also has a net around the track. That's nice if I want to bring my younger kids. Hobby Hut is huge though. It's an 8th scale track and brings buggies from all over. With no job johnies and no real safty features to speak of, it's not the place you'd take the family though.

Hey guys thaks for replying. I will have to check out both tracks. Hobby hut is interesting and i definitely plan on making it there. What buggies and engines are you guys running. Right now I'm pretty positive I'm getting a Thunder tiger s3. Not sure on the engine yet, any suggestions?

btw i dont want to spend more then $250 for an engine.

Back