Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highflyin, they do race 10th scale stadium trucks at Hobby Hut. I was there 3-4 weekends and the 10th scale class was a consistent 8-10 trucks each weekend.

The RB WS72 is a good engine. Be sure to buy the correct pipe and use the proper clutch setup for good all around performance. I can't remember the details right now, but pipe choice and clucth setup are critical with that engine.

I have an MBX5. I kinda wished I waited a month or two for the prospec though. In stock form, I break it frequently (tells ya how well I drive LOL). Now I'm probably going to spend more money in the long run upgrading it. The prospec is a good deal if you have the money initially.

What are the rules at Hobby Hut?In stadium truck class do they let you run .15 or is it just .12 engines?I dont have the mony for the prospect right know.

do you have a link to the pics of the HH track, id like to see them. i know jeff and i have it on our list of "tracks to race" this summer.

Hey corrado I have some race pics I took if you eant me to email them to you pm me and I will. I dont seem to be able to figure out to post them in the posts.

i think there are better motor choices out there for you and ur buggy than that motor.

yes cracked piston. however a replacement motor is on the way that i won brand new, and i'm goin 2 get a new piston/sleeve/rod 4 the primary motor. so i'll b okay. will just need a warm day 2 break-in.

-Ult

pistonSUT.jpg

(the lighting makes those spots look like rust, their actually grey/black discolorations on the piston, loox normal. however what i hear bout trinity fuel is lookin more true, that it leaves diposits on the engine no matter how much u after-run procedure it)

all fuels leave deposites. some more visible than others due to the amount of coloring in them. deposites are a good thing, it means your engine is getting impregnated with oil. id rather have deposites than rusted bearings.

not that, but i didnt like some of the 'oil rust' like deposits left on portion of the crank. gonna try and lightly buff them out w/a rag and light oil/cleaner.

-ult

CorradoPsi, congrats on the 1000 posts and the avatar.

I still have this pic laying around:

hobbyhut.jpg

the track looks all squashed and funny in that pic, but it's so big I donno how else you'd do it. You can hardly see the cross over in the back. That's one of the coolest parts I think.

They will probably change the track layout for next year anyway.

thanks freak. i see the crossover. how do they run CW or CCW? looks like a nice track i can see why it draws in buggies.

so who all is comming to buggy day at Bumps and Jumps this sunday? I'm ready to go, got my car prepped, tires dremeled down, and picking up some liquid traction later today!

You race counter clockwise. You start where you see the white checkard pendants in the lower right and end after going over the table top (hard to see). These pics were taken from the 12 ft tall driver's stand.

My buggy is in pieces. I have maybe 300cc of fuel. I'd rather not adjust my needles for the cold and dremeling down my tred just erks me. I'm not going, but I'm thinking about coming to watch. It is a little far to drive for watching though. (still debating it)

the track is diff now. the xover is nolonger. they pretty much changed 90% of the layout at the mid point of last season

How was the racing at B&J on the 9th? How many 8th scale buggies showed up?

hi I'm Mike and I'm on the corner of md in cecil county (UltegraSTI, i think you live right near me!)
I race at family hobbies raceway in Vineland, NJ www.familyhobbiesraceway.com
and at my own practice track (its pretty big and we hold open races there for anyone who wants to run) and i just heard about this track in hunt valley? whats it like?

I own a T-maxx 2.5 and factory team RC10GT that i race

I race with some friends

My best racing moment: prolly gotta say the first day at vineland whenever april 3rd rolls around!!!

http://69.242.24.19/results 1-9-05.htm

These were the results,it went all the way down to an F main. It was a really good time,WAY too many people, kinda. But it was really well run,just some people can't listen to rules. It was cool to see 55+ 1/8th scales there. BTW, I was in the E and PSI was in the D mains.

It must have been some soap opera for Jamie and Binky to DNS. LOL

BnJ 2mrw jan 16th any1? know a couple people goin. know psi is out b/c of family commitments. any1 else?

-Ult

My name is jeff.
I am from Pottstown,PA
I own a Hpi NMT.With upgraded chassis and alum.Upper deck.
I manly just drive and bash in my back yard.But i am always down at Hobby hut for parts and everything begining of last summer i drove backl and seen there track and now where the driveway going back to it was now stands a Hotel so i dont know if they relocated the track or what. I would like to find out if they did or not though....And how big is the Hobby Town up in Reading? That is about 20 minutes away from me.

you go to cecil county dragway me and my dad race there i run jr dragsters

Back