Its weird but we still do it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Last night I was having a conversation about the superstitions that people have.

Some people carry a rabbits foot for luck, some people will only pick up a penny if it is face up and the list gets weirder and weirder from there.

What superstitions do you follow?

I won't close a knife someone else opened. Bout all I can think of right now.

A friend & I were talking about that very same subject... lol Ever notice that you will never see a 13th floor in a building? It's always called something else.
As far as my superstitions, I have never, & will never, walk under a ladder..

If my wife looks at the clock and it is XX:44 she wont leave the house until the new hour starts. When getting a new phone number, license plates or anything with numbers in it if it has 4s in it she will not accept it. She has refused to go into buildings with 2 or more 4s in the address. ALL of our phone numbers have either 8s or 9s in them the more the better and no 4s. xxx-8889, xxx-1818, X99-xxx8, xxx-7688. We had it out when she realized we had 4s in our zip code.

In Mandarin, the word 4 and death are the same word. kind of like peace and piece The more 4s the less luck. The words 8 and 9 have luck attached to them. 7s are fine because 777 means you won money....

DRIVES ME CRAZY!!

ImBroken said:
As far as my superstitions, I have never, & will never, walk under a ladder..
yeah, i used to have that superstition, but I walk under latters all the time now lol. My superstitions are to never open umbrellas indoors. If we lose in a baseball game on one dugout, we move to the other one next time. If you spill the salt throw it over your left shoulder LOL jk. thats about all i can think of right now.

alright this is real f'ed up to everyone who hears it cause I know it's stupid and all in my head....EVERY time I wore a helmet when I was into cycling, I got hit by a car.....3 times spread out over 2 years...not just within like a few days or even a day....THE SAME F'ING DAY.....so I don't wear a helmet....I swear....I go to parks and stay on paths and follow the rules and do everything else to maintain a safe ride, Except wear a hlmet......I kno wit's stupid and I pretty much stopped riding because I got tired of hearing all thshit from a few "I kno wbetter than you" types......my body my choice...

Buggyracer28 said:
If you spill the salt throw it over your left shoulder LOL

That is hilarious!!! I'm gonna go watch that movie right now!

Buggyracer28 said:
If you spill the salt throw it over your left shoulder

May be good luck for you but what about the person behind you?

if you enter some ones house by useing the front door you must leave by the front door

shorty said:
if you enter some ones house by useing the front door you must leave by the front door
Even if her husband is just getting home?
Not wise... Ill use the back door or the window. :D

FastEddy said:
Even if her husband is just getting home?
Not wise... Ill use the back door or the window. :D

ahaha just make sure u have all your clothes ed

I dispatch semi trucks. If I see an empty trailer on the yard that might be 418666, I will always dispatch that last. that 666 bothers me a little. My stereo in my car has a digital readout for volume, and I really feel uncomfortable having it at 13. 12 or 14 is fine.
also, I had to buy something, anything, from ebay so my feedback would not stay at 13. it bothered me.

Last edited:
ha My mom freaked out when they gave her a cell phone and th enumber was xxx-4666....they though tshe was being crazy....she said she would quit if they wouldn't take th ephone away.....I'm a religeous man but that still seemed a bit much...from both sides of coin in that scenario....

My mom ( a really strange person) used to have this thing about birds. If she was driving and a bird flew alongside the vehicle, for any amount of time, she would pull over for about ten minutes and just sit there. I don't know if it a superstition or just a pipe dream, but thats what she does.

maybe she saw the movie "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock. I am amazed at how many people are scared of birds.

i heard that they found the number of the beast is not 666 but 616 ...this is the first site i found with the info , I'm sure there are many more

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134

i dont think i have any ...except for trying not to let a black cat cross my path

i do the knife thing.. just habit. return it like you found it type thing.. if i have to walk under a ladder i will but i dont like to.. more of a "stuff falling on my head" thing then anything else. can't think of anything else i do.. maby i need to watch out.. been pretty rough lately on the luck..

what do you mean knife thing. like closing it of some one else opened it. like a pocket knife? if why? curiosious.

Back