how much time do you spend rc'ing

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
how much time do you spend per day per week on your rc'ing. I'm not sure if you should include forum time, since some of that time could also be spent doing other things on the internet as well. i just wanna know bought the rc part. i spend alot of time fiddling with my rc's, between cleaning and tweaking,and bashing, I'm almost imbarrased to think how many hours per week it is. so let us know.

maybe 2 or 3 hour every day just bashing,cleaning,and workin on them. i'm an addict

I dont have time every night, (single with a house to look after,,, badly) but after work Saturdays, 3-4hours, and Sundays maybe 6 hours. I seem to do as much repairs or just plain fiddling as I do running them.

I'm lucky if I spend 2 hours/week running my vehicles. Most of my r/c time is in drawing/painting and RCNT. I probably spent 4 hours yesterday total drawing and cutting on a body. Maybe an hour a couple days ago drawing/cutting out another one. I'll probably spend a considerable amount of time later doing some mask cutting. I probably spend 3 hours/day doing someting within the hobby, whether it be here on the forum or just looking at a blank body waiting for inspiration.

Saturday is race day for me, our club races start at 5:00pm and since I usually do sign ups and call races I'm there by 3:00. We're usually done by 11:00pm. I also run several weekend long events fri-sun. Sunday is cleanup day usually and maybe a couple hours throughout the evenings getting everything ready.

I would say I only get to do....4-5 hours a week. Most of that is fixing stuff. Speaking of...I need to replace an A-arm on my Jammin CRT....stupid rock.

Alright guys, I admit it, I got it bad. I spend about 3 hours a night Monday through Friday, and 6 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday. Most of that time is installing upgrades, tuning, tweaking, cleaning, and trying to get more power and handling out of what I have. I spend between 22-27 hours a week with my RC's, and about 5 hours of that is running them, but the run time is picking up now that I can just grab the baja off the shlef and bash for 30 minutes or an hour and put it up. No prep time, no equipment but the transmitter to have ready, and no tuning.

usually 2-3 hours a day until they break and when they both break i start having withdrawls lol

24 hours a day 7 days a week. or so it would seem.

None, absolutely none. I don't bash, I don't race, I don't clean.
I'm a recovering addict since I spent 12 or more hours a day building and blinging. I've also painted 4 lids for it just for an excuse to work on it.
In my Tmaxx days I spent several hours a day at the track. It was only 10 minutes from home. If I just wanted a quick fix after a rain when I knew the track was muddy, I'd run it up and down the driveway and across the lawn a few times.
That track is now gone, and I've since moved to an apartment complex so I can't run here. The only other track is a 31 mile ride.
Spring is here, and I'll soon be fully involved in the addiction, again.

10-15 Minutes. After that time something on my car breaks :D.

you must not have a Savage or a Baja 5B, you're just gonna have to get a gasser, nothing like having gas!

I get about 3 hrs a week right now but its still cold in Michigan. I know that times gonna be going up when it starts warming up

During the "summer" season (may-october), I spend probably 6-8 hours a week bashing on the weekends and 3-4 hours cleaning/fixing/upgrading.

In the winter and on rainy days, I spend probably the same amount of time on the forums, if not more... I bought a micro t... but it's just not the same.

I spend 30mins going to the race track, then 1 houre racing with my car, after that 30 mins cleaning
and then going back to home..
that's 2 houres a day, 3/4 days per week ;)

I haven't heard a Nitro run in almost a month :( but hopefully if I get my MIP CVD problem sorted out, then Mattyfats will come down and bash with me next weekend! :D

My son and I are new to this but we seem to be developing a pattern of going out on Saturday for a few hours and Sunday(if were lucky) until it breaks.
Then ordering new parts, taking the whole thing apart, cleaning everything, putting it all back together, going out the following weekend. I take my turn going up and down the asphalt parking lot, he takes his turn pushing it to the limits and beyond yelling" DID YOU SEE THAT!!!! I drifted into that turn FULL throttle, hit the jump and did 3 end over ends in mid air...AWESOME HUH DAD???
I missed it.All I see is another repair....(kidding)*sigh*

depends who you ask, me not enough/ the wife, way to much? but i got my #10 nitro is paid in full and will be here shortly so ya i do spend quite a bit of time wrenching. either repairs or upgrades, i get just as much enjoyment wrenching as running. but I'm no rolex, i do actually drive mine! lol.:yes:

Back