ISDT FD200 Discharger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

requiem33

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Simple review of the ISDT FD200 Discharger
I'm not an affiliate or sponsored by ISDT and I purchased this for my own use. Disclaimer over.

FD-200.jpg

This little, and I do mean little discharger packs a nice punch and is very convenient. I've been discharging using storage mode on my Spektrum charger (not a fan) and doing this would take hours. Literally a 5200mAH race pack would take almost two hours to reach storage level. Putting my 8200mAH into storage after a race since they were either hardly ran down or fully charged because I would charge them in case I bumped would take what seemed like forever. Made for some late nights.

Anyway, I've had this for a couple weeks but I finally decided to use it. I raced on Saturday and Sunday so I had a few packs needing to go into storage. I normally do this the night after the race, but I was lazy and busy so here we are.

My 8200mAH battery at 84% charge took just over 13 minutes to discharge down to 3.8v per cell. Needless to say I was very happy about the amount of time saved. The FD200 is powered from the battery pack so no external power is required. There are two buttons on the front. One of them selects the battery size 2S - 8S and one of them selects the amp draw rate up to 25A. Once selected it gets to business and you can hear the internal fans crank on as it sucks the power out.

There is a very convenient mobile app that connects to the FD200 via Bluetooth. The app shows the current pack and cell voltage, amp, watt draw and percentage left until complete. There's also a timer so you know how long the discharge took. Configurable options are cutoff voltage and discharge current. Information about the FD200 is displayed such as temperature, discharge/use cycles and temperature which are all useful. A nice touch is the ability to create preset tasks. You can create a profile for different batteries like 2S, 4S, etc and different cutoff voltages for LIPO vs LIHV or other battery types.

Note the FD200 does not accurately balance the cells and there is no balance port connection. The unit drains the battery and "attempts" to keep the draw somewhat balanced. After the discharge was complete I did throw the packs on my icharger and did a storage charge on them check/compare and the charger ran for a few minutes, I didn't time this but I would say less than 5 and they were done and I knew they were properly balanced.

I will say again, I'm impressed with this little unit and the low price. I showed it to my wife and explained what it did and how well it worked compared to my previous method and her response was "do you need another one?". So yeah, I think I'll get another one. ;)

Back