Hot Bodies Nitro Tornado RTR ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All,

Anyone own one of these?? Hot Bodies Nitro Tornado RTR

I am trying to find out what people think, and if its worth it. I am looking to play with an on-road car but not wanting to spend a ton. any opinions or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

sLy

I wasn't even aware HotBodies was a car manufacturer,I thought they just made parts for other cars?

msly - sorry i didnt see this earlier. RCNitro did an article on this car a few months ago. its actually on the cover of the magazine.

from the article - it isnt a bad car, but i still stand by my common word that nothing can possibly beat the NTC3 as far as durability, reliability, parts availability, and speed/handling. Its just a damn nice car, almost perfect.

if u are just wanting something fun to test the touring car world out - check out MCvickj's NTC3 he is selling. i think he only wants 200-250 for everything, rtr. i have personally seen it, and i think u have too. the damn thing is brand new, i doubt he even has the engine fully broken in yet. great deal.

Originally posted by joneser4u
I wasn't even aware HotBodies was a car manufacturer,I thought they just made parts for other cars?

hello? mcfly? hello? How about the Hot Bodies Lightening RR, Lightening Pro, dirt demon....plus all the rc planes and helecopters they make.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
msly - sorry i didn't see this earlier. RCNitro did an article on this car a few months ago. its actually on the cover of the magazine.

from the article - it isn't a bad car, but i still stand by my common word that nothing can possibly beat the NTC3 as far as durability, reliability, parts availability, and speed/handling. Its just a damn nice car, almost perfect.

Yea I read the same article and got the impression that for a RTR price you were getting a more hopped up on road car. Seemed like there would be a lot of bang for the buck. But what do I know about on-road cars... I owned a 4-tec for all about 5 Min's. I had 1 break in tank through it and sold it LOL

Sly

i just think that for the first onroad car u get, it needs to be a 'tried and trued' model. the NTC3 is one of the most well respected, well stocked LHS models available. it will also handle better than just about anything out there. by installing the 2 speed down the road in the NTC3 RTR, it can easily be competetive without any further mods.

mcfly??GOOD ONE!!!:clap: tell me,how do you have time to run a r/c?your always running your mouth!

I just put the 2 speed in My tc3, the only other hop up was a dynamite tuned pipe and header, my 4tec cannot catch it! It flys and handles spectaculary , this is the car for anyone who wants to get into nitro cars(rtr) well worth the money and effort of putting the 2 speed into it, tc3 You just gotta have it!

hey there champ !

i have a hotbodies tornado and its so far been the best one of the lot . if its pure fun your looking for then you can't go past it but on the other hand parts do become a prob when you start to get caried away with it and run it into gutters at over 71 kph . if you can look past that then go bye one !!! you wont be dissapointed with it ..............

My older brother had one. It was a decent car, if parts were more availible for it, then it will make it a good car. The only flaws is that the chassis isn't stiff, there are flexing in the chassis because the engine brace is not stiff enough to prevent the flex. Another thing is the pivot ball and hex hub sometime will bind together. Suspension also have slop because there isn't a pillow/pad that go between the pivot ball and hex hub. This is how far I got with it, untill I parted it out...

tornado

Back