Nitro RC car Revs High on start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arean

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, I have a problem which I have tried a couple of things to solve but didn't work, I have a Nitro Buggy, When I start it, It immediately Revs Fully max then shuts off.
The engine is a HPI engine but there is no model number written on it. I will put photos here later. If anybody has any tips or any clue of how to tune the engine I would be grateful for the info. I tried to adjust needles to flush sit but that didn't work, I also closed the idle gap so that it is barley open.
One thing I haven't tried yet is to get the Back pressure pipe from exhaust to be properly attached, I assume that maybe it could be leaking air? But I'm no expert, Does anyone know if i can use glue or something to keep it attached. Any help or info is much appreciated, Thank you.
(Also need help identifying the Engine, Its a HPI, No other info is written on I, The carburetor is 3 needles, and the body says CEN on it)

Open up the HSN.

It’s super lean. It’s burning all the LSN fuel and flaming out.

Thanks for the reply. I do believe this is the case, but do you think its also because of there not being enough back pressure into fuel tank?
I mentioned above that the pipe connected exhaust and fuel tank seems to slip off?

You definitely need that pressure, rerun a new fuel tube.