Discount R/C - Buyer Beware!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spend about $1000 in the past year

indyjohnny
I'm with you on this one.

Hes up to his ass in alligators and all he was doing was trying to drain the swamp.

One little flaw in his attempt,
He slaughter some chickens and put them around his feet.
Its not what you do, Its how you do it.

Many wars have been won by a leader that knows when to retreat and regroup.

This guy is going to fight till the death and loose.
Remember the Knight in The Holly Grail, No arms, no legs yelling get the hell over here so I can byte you.

Damn I go to eat dinner and watch a movie and this post gains another 2 pages, good reading guys keep it up!

discountman - I'm going to give you want you want. I was wrong guys. I assumed DiscountRCParts was the same as his deadbeat brother because of the same paypal address. I do not have ANY proof that these two are one or seperate.

However after reading this thread, and discountman's replies and e-mails I can now say I will not ever buy from his deadbeat brother nor DiscountRCParts. Here's some key points that don't make sense:

· Discountman claims his brother is the deadbeat who rips off people on eBay (just look at his feedback - sugar coat it as you will discountman).

· Discountman claims he is a supplier to his brother, but then decides to take over the screw up's his brother makes....why else do you have all the e-mails then?

· Discountman does not reply to my email even though my email was sent the exact same time as the one to his brother. Discountman's reason is this:
what exactly do you find ironic about the response i sent you today? First thing, your emial didn't even get read for while. Once i did read it i was confused as to what you were talking about; there were no sales to you... you name came up no where in our system here. What prompted me to look into it rather than discard it was the threat you made ( and yes it was a threat) about posting on your site. I responded to you pretty much when i found out what was going on in its entire scope. so not... it's not ironic that you got the email from me when you did..... i just had other stuff to attend to and didn't get to your email until later.

Note above, he had NO intentions of emailing me, it wasn't until this thread was created that he signed up, replied, then emailed me about his lawyer.

· Even though this deal is his brothers, discountman is now taking it upon himself to take it over - why? I dont see Great Planes doing that to Tower Hobbies...does this business run deeper then your admitting?

· Discountman is about as professional as his brother - FastEddy has shown more then once ways that all of this could have been avoided, neither was done.

· Discountman could have contacted me privately (professionally) about this, and explained it to me - I would have been VERY happy to remove DiscountRCParts name from all of this. He's now "handling" this problem so DiscountRCParts name is staying here.

Discountman you claim I was going off the deep end, but not as much as your brother - well thanks I'm flattered. Honestly I don't give a poop, No customer is expected to remain professional - business is, after two weeks and no word from anyone is unprofessional. The very first email from your brother showed how professional he was and what kind of deal this was going to be, he opened the jar of worms. All lights go! Because of your involvment now and the way you handle things I won't be doing business with your nor your brother anymore and I will recommend all 1500+ members here to do the same.

-Michael

LOL>. I liked the ( Knight in The Holly Grail, No arms, no legs yelling get the hell over here so I can byte you.) thing.. I dont wanna defend his tactics or even him ... I'm just thinking what a shame it is to condemn a guy completely for a single mistake.. Right now I only know of this one mistake.. no other horror stories .. again.. not defending anyone.. just a thought...

Discount - you just dont get it man. Go back to school, not your attorney. If you like, I'm certain people could re-word it to say the following:

•I did business with a PayPal account named: (put name here)
•I didnt get my box on time and got the run around when I asked where my box was.
•Here are the emails.
•Here are all the places I know that use this PayPal account to receive money
•Do with this information what you will

Then what !?!?!?!

The more you engage the worse you look. You sound like my neighbors kids right now. Waaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaa!

And I still really dont give a poop about what happened. I'm just basing everything off of what you type, and what you type is like the smell in my bathroom.....poop.....and man was that a nice fresh dump!

Nobody cares about your money either. An butthead with money is still an butthead. And boy are you letting your chocolate starfish personality shine right now! I know bums with more dignity than you!

Ill tell you what, on Monday, Ill turn this whole thread over to my TEAM of corporate attorneys and see what they say. Chances are, they will tell me you have some hillbilly gumbo chewin peepee sucking wannabe attorney who just wishes he could rub a couple of bucks together. The whole time making you think you might have a slander case so he can take your cash for nothing. And it only takes a single post to throw slander out the window. But your attorney should know that!

I have just got done reading this wonderful novel, and have a couple of thoughts on the subject.

Regardless of who's at fault, Discountman, you came into a public venue to correct this? How did you imagine this would turn out?

Fine, I divest the sale of the DiscountRC name. What does that leave me with? A dumbass with a lawyer, and a brother who screwed up.

You claimed to own both companies. I assume you meant Continuum and Discount. If that is the case, then any money coming into a PayPal account for one company gets associated with the other. That is why most big businesses and small do not use joint accounts with other businesses for accounts receivable. You do not have to be a rocket scientist or an accountant to figure that out.

You throw lawyer jargon around like it is supposed to impress and scare at the same time. Ask your lawyer to define "LIBEL" for you. Then ask him to define freedom of speech as it applies to the internet. You will see that he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on here. WoodiE aka Michael Tabor exercised his freedom of speech to warn of a problem. Whether or not he assumed anything is not the point. He viewed the issue to be with Discount RC based on the information he had. So to him, he is putting a warning out on something he viewed as a problem. This is neither libel or slander. It is exercising his right under the Constitution.

Your first and biggest mistake was to bring this out in the public pages of this site. You should have handled this either by PM, e-mail, or by direct phone call to Michael. When you came in here, the only out come possible was for you to not only further drag Discount RC's name into this but add to a now growing group of people who will bad mouth your company.

If you wanted this to go away, and you were going to go publlic with this, you should have left Discount RC out of the entire discussion and simply stated the facts. Your brother purchased RC parts and then sold them (where he bought them is irrelevant). He failed to close the deal properly and as a result, someone is unhappy. Those are the facts.

WoodiE assumed based on his information that Discount RC was involved. You further enforce the fact that Discount RC IS involved by coming here in the manner that you have.

You want this to go away. Apologize (empty or not) on behalf of Discount RC. State the measures you will be taking to ensure that this type of mistake won't happen again (I suggest telling your brother to get his own account, and you creating an account for Discount RC would be a great place to start). Finally, say so long, and just leave.

Ohh wow:

i own both businesses and I run them as best they run

You own both businesses, so that does make YOU the one in charge, your brother is just a co-worker. I work for a pc company here in town, if I go and take a hammer to the customers computers I'm not getting sued, the company is. Your brother is a co-worker, your the company. So I bought off your 2nd company, none the less they are all the same.

I agree with IndyJohnny and FastEddy as well - I'm not wanting to hear I'm sorry, or a Thank you. I want the item I paid for in full over two weeks ago, and I've yet to receive it. Looking now at your feedback I see this is a constant problem for you guys. End of story, I've tried to resolved this via email, your ignored me so I've choose another means of letting people be aware of your tactics.

-Michael

1) i took over because you posted something that is not true...what else was i supposed to do? I wasn't going to let my brother handle a mess that now ( thanks to you) had my name on it!!!!! i'm not crazy.... you would do the same.

2) I'd be glad to get out of here is you took discounts name off the post.

3) i had the dscountman account before all this...so i did not sign up today.

4) i explained why i did not contact you..... you just don't want to accept that explaination. think about it.... i get an email from you that made no sense at first.... it did mention that you would post on this forum so i started to look into it. run a business and lets see if you can live up to your level of perfection.

" Discountman could have contacted me privately (professionally) about this, and explained it to me - I would have been VERY happy to remove DiscountRCParts name from all of this. He's now "handling" this problem so DiscountRCParts name is staying here

I DID CONTACT YOU PRIVATELY VERY EARLY TODAY!!! i just saw the post today how much faster was i suppose to contact you????

all i want is my name off this.... can you please just do that..... that's all i'm looking for... it was not our deal and i want our name off..... I've been very cool about this thus far....... and yes a customer does have a duty to be professional to a point. you don't get to abuse the merchant for no reason cause you want to........

Originally posted by discountman
OMG please don't post what you guys spend on rc....:egad:

I'm in it for the hobby and not the money.... Seriously guys, i've seen it before , you're trying to make me sorry I lost you as customers and it won't happen.

The business does well and it's getting better. All i want is to resolve we were not a part of this. spend what you like where you like it won't effect us in any way.

I'm tryin to be honest here...... I just want to get our name off this. that's all.

keep your money... after all it is yours.

Well just let this get on a few more boards and I'm sure you will feel it in the pocket book. I want to know how am I to believe that you have a bro.? As far as the paypal for three people (companies) it just makes me never want to buy from any of them. I don't care if it was you or not! My bro. doesn't have a computer and I sell things on Ebay for him but I'll tell you if he didn't keep his end of the deal he and I would no longer be doing it and I would do more than say he is a flake! But hey it's just me.

Originally posted by discountman
1) i took over because you posted something that is not true...what else was i supposed to do? I wasn't going to let my brother handle a mess that now ( thanks to you) had my name on it!!!!! i'm not crazy.... you would do the same.

One word!

female pee pee!

Take THAT to your attorney!

discount female pee pee now that has a ring to it. if you change your name to this I would buy from you. ;) ;)

freedom of speech stops at slander/liable......

if i don't get a chance to respond BEFORE THE POST IS MADE OR THE ARTICLE PRINTED IN THE PAPER...it's liable. One post doe not negate it. there were 2 full pages before I SIMPLY posted what happened.

I didn't make it worse by posting the truth.... it was worse from the second woodie posted... i was always worse. no one wanted the truth as christain said.... they just want to flame and slam for nothing.

I came on beause my company name was up there and it should not have been.

woodie..... if you smash a computer you company is not automatically liable. you have to be found competent and if so you will be held liable. if you're deranged then possible action against your company is possible in the form of a negligence claim for letting you work while they new you were impaired.

the bottom line is that this sale was his sale and not a company sail. further even if i conceded ( and i don't) it's a company sale, the company used was continuum designs.

there is no discountrcparts involvement no matter how badly you want to think that.,

christian,

keep it to yourself dude.....lol
you're losing it......

LIBEL...LIBEL...LIBEL

Spell the legal term properly if you are going to use it. I'm in the military. If the ship runs aground in the middle of the night when the Captain is sleeping. He still gets punished for it. In big business, if the mail clerk loses the package...the CEO gets punished. Why? Because it is called responsibility. The guy at the top of the food chain is responsible for all actions that happen or are caused to happen by those he employs.

In this case, you have come in here and laid claim to the actions of your brother. If it is his problem, let him come in here and speak his piece. Otherwise, shut your suck and move on. You are accomplishing nothing here.

Quite honestly I believe that discountboy has taken a beating this evening that wont soon be forgotten.

I really hope he has learned something whether he wants to admit it or not.

I would just love to be a fly on the wall when he next sees his brother.

:idea: THATS IT, Post pics of you Bros bloody carcass for us to see, we may even open a mod position for you if you do.:shhh:

I want to keep this thread going just so you can keep having to pay your butthead attorney to give you the text to post!

Be a man! Step up to the plate! Or do you prefer to wash the plate and dry it? Or you making dinner tonight for the neighborhood with your skirt and bib on?

No one wanted the truth as Christian said???? Dude! Thats slander! Waaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa, I'm calling my attorney! I never said that! Wait, let me state the facts!

At this point, we all know DiscountRCParts wasn't involved. And you know what, I dont think anyone really cares. You're more fun than your brother! You can't even stand up!

He must be writing another novel. The suspense is killing me. What useless piece of drivel will he unleash now?

about the only lesson that i can see to night is that on this forum the truth dies a fast death. I loved the navy guy giving advice on big business...really i did.

a company is not always automatically responsible for it's employees. FURTHER, he's not a discountrcparts employee. even if he was he was not actin as an agent of the company... he sold his item , that he paid for on his own.

As for "beating him" ... that won't happen... infact i can't say anything will happen. I approached this whole situation PRODESSIONALLY and with tact and a sincere desire to reslove it. All i was met with was sarcasm, something that passes for wit , and a whole lot of insults!

if this has taught me anything it is that you were never interested in resolution at all. you just want to flame. In dealing with woodie i can see that no resolution was ever possible. He damned my brother for an "unprofessional" approach.... which has merit. I approach completely professionally... not ever tell some of your to bite me...lol when you deserved it and i'm met with the same hostility.

it was neve possible to win back the truth.... it doens't live here.

He must be lookingup libel and watching Judge Judy for pointers.

I think he may also have a small penis.

fast eddie... at least i know what i'm talking about...*lol*

unlike...well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back