Discount R/C - Buyer Beware!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let me make one thing really fast and clear.....

I'm here to get the truth printed..... I'mnot looking to save sales here.

the entire transaction happened between my brother and mike. without the consent, direct knowledge, or approval of discountrcparts.

this was person to person. mike assumed it was discountrc on his own and neither the pay pal account, addresses, person makeing the sale came from discountrc.

it's just a fact. That is all i'm trying to clear up is that mike did not buy this from us. We saw no money from this sale period....neither profit nor cost.... from the direct sale to mike.

nothing.

nitro addict,

I can't apologize on befhalf of this company for an issue between someone who is not even an afilliate and their customer. It's not possible.

great planes would never apologize if a local shop screwed the customer over..... that's a fact. They would have no need to.

All i can say is that perhaps a new payment option can be viewed in light of this new situation. I can be flexible, but I can't accept responsibility for the actions of my brother because they are his actions alone.

All i want known is that this transaction did not include or originate from us. That's my major point here. If mike wants jason to apologize and can actually get him to...lol more power to him.

Any apology from us would be hollow; we had nothing to do with the sale. If we did screw up the sale and it was ours.... you'd have an apology in a heatbeat.

Last edited:
just to verify - which Torres am i speaking with. Lionel or Jason?

lionel.....

jason is not gonna be saying a darn thing till i get this fixed up ! *lol*

Well, personally I still think it comes down to one single point.

You are the supplier to Atomicmaxx. If he causes problems, and does something unethical, or wrong, then the problem becomes yours as well, being the supplier. To answer a question posed by you earlier - "if a LHS screwed a customer, would Great Planes be responsible?" YES! If enough customers complained, then great planes would pull the account from that store. I am good friends with the Owner of my LHS, and just called and asked him.

Point being, is that realistically and legally you can hold no legal responsability here, but you hold a HUGE moral responsability. My advice would be to make sure that the item is shipped properly, and preferrably with a return receipt to verify that it did indeed arrive. Then Mike gets his product, you get confirmation, and eliminate a potential severe backlash.

i have not control over the process on his end just like great planes has no control over the sales your LHS owner makes. I just did an invoice report here and if all the dates are accuarate, jason recieved that item from us about a month and a half ago. it's almost impossible to police his actions.

i can agree in part with your anaology bit what you firend did not tell you is that does not happen often. When it does it's usually another shop owner ratting someone out cause he's selling a GP product at below the suggested selling price( they HATE that!).

I will tell what i can do ( future wise) if he is ripping off people i will cut him off. If people start complaining i have no problem pulling the plug..... but they have to be customers who complain i.e they bought something from him and he didn't deliver. As a "supplier" alone i can make that call and will.... but i cna't police his actions daily.

FYI the other package did go out with a delivery confirmation number so it is trackable. I do hav the number but have not checked yet cause I didn't want t o get in this mess...lol

too late!

I am going to end my comments here, as the list of posts now shows a complete comment base. Rest assured, however, I will be keeping an eye on this. Hopefully what you say is 100% true, as I would love to see you keep advertising with a site that is growing by leaps and bounds as this one is.

Well i hope your monitoring of this post is very short lived! I hope we get this resolved fast so that everyone can move on. Much more than saving the advertising and saving sales... we just want the truth here.

i just want people to know it wasn't our sale and that we are not ripping people off or anthing close to it!

Let me be the bad guy.. :) Discountman came on here and has tried to respond.. The shared account thing he mentioned seems a little vulnerable to this kind of trouble, however I think he may reconsider doing things like that.. His point on some second hand distributor is exactly correct.. what the heck can the guy do ?? If a guy wrecks 5 Corvettes in a row.. I assure you Chevy will only ramp up production to meet that poor drivers needs.. :) I say give the guy a break... take him at his word.. seems ashame to run a guy into the ground who is trying to provide a service and make a living... How many other mistakes or mix ups have there been? anyone?? I dont know him... but I'm willing to give him a break.. God forbid the next time a guy leaves HobbyTown in Indianapolis a little disappointed with service.. I'd hate to think that was the end of my LHS>. just my opinion.. Peace!!

This just never seems to stop getting better. Ok, so now we have Discountrcparts a distributor to his own brother both using the same paypal account. Who in turns rips people off on ebay - nice set up guys! Ohh and look at atomikmaxx ebay feedback 4 negatives along with 4 neturals - looks to me just about every last one of them regarding poor shipping or other poor ways of running a business.

So tell me discountman how many MORE times does your brother have to rip people off before you "pull the plug" on him?

Why do I feel it's the same people/company - because for one you do use the exact same paypal account, second your bother said this in his very first reply to me:

so..... bash whatever you want... it's not my deal.

Which he is now laying all blame on you - it's not his deal. Third your bothers, sounds to me like you run the website, he designs it, hosts it, and ripps people off on eBay. Nice setup!

I find it extremely ironic that I send to emails out, one going to the email shown in the paypal payment statement, and the second going to the email listed on your site. It's not until I post this on my site do you reply and this is the reply I get:

Mike,

This is to inform you that I just got of the phone with my lawyer who has advised me of the following simply in an "informative mode"; i stated that I wanted your version of event before contacting him but I did need to be briefed on my rights here.

The following are factual statements:

1) this purchase was made by you from jason torres who is not an entity of discountrcparts.com
2) the dispute is between two persons; you and him and does not involve any other company.
3) his relation to me does not legally bind him or his actions to discount rc in anyway.

In reading through the emails, I can clearly see that both of you like to fight and test each other grounds; that's not me....I like to solve and bury things fast, then everyone wins.

Mike, I am respectfully requesting that you remove all references to discountrcparts.com from the post on your site. The preliminary finding is that it appears slanderous in nature. Under normal circumstances ( I am informed) you might be protected under 1 st amendment rights; you feel you got ripped off and you're sharing your anger..... it's for the most part legal. The difference here is that you have no proof of purchase from discountrcparts; not on ebay, pay pal or anything. further, there is no crime as of yet....I.e you have yet to receive the package, but that does not constitute theft on jason's part. the bottom line is that discountrc was in no way involved in this and has not liability here. It is as if discountrcparts.com sold you the steering kit and then you decided you didn't want it and sold it on ebay but then decided to rip the new buyer off. That buyer has no recourse through us and we have no obligation to him either; we would have sold you a product and you in turn resold it under your name. It's all on you.

If you need to slam someone, then slam jason. you have the right to make that sort of comment online and if you must you can comment on continuum designs since that was the pay pal account of origin. However, you have no legal right to slam discount rc even if the two companies ( discount and continuum) are affiliated with each other because either bottom line is you didn't buy from discount rc.

I really have no interest in arguing any of the points listed here at all. I'd just like to resolve this mistake quickly. I am again requesting that you remove all references to discount rcparts and print a minor correction regarding this. Comment all you want about jason, you two are in this not me.... but don't print things that are not true about my company. I have no desire to waste time on this as I am sure you don't either. Let's just get the truth up there; as it stands the post is far from truthful it has discountrc all over it and those emails did not come or state they were from discountrc.

I would like to clear this up quickly. From this point on you will be dealing with me directly until we can resolve this. I have taken this measure to see that the situation gets fixed and does not continue to fall apart. Please email me back asap.

Webmaster
Discount R/C Parts

It just cracks me up how you and your brother runs this three ring circus.

if you must you can comment on continuum designs since that was the pay pal account of origin.
- Same holds true with DiscountRCParts

I would like to clear this up quickly. From this point on you will be dealing with me directly until we can resolve this.
- You've made it clear you supposedly have no connection with Jason in regards to business, so why take over now? Sounds to me Jason handled the family business wrong and your trying to fix it. I dont see Great Planes trying to fix Tower Hobbies mistakes!

-Michael

Masn what a CROCK!!! Sound like a crappy bunch with selective hearing.!!! I am definitely buying from them!!!:thumbdown

Hey Jon2 - did you read the part about both businesses using the exact same PayPal account?

let's go point by point here....

1) so my idiot brother told you to go ahead and bash and now you're doing what he tells you I presume? I have all the emails in their original form in my possesion and the comment you have cited was taken out of context. Even if it wasn't, again you have ASSUMED based on nothing that you're buying from me on this end and you are not. he was being being an arrogant ass based on your initial response. I can't control that... it's his way, i don't approve but i don't get to control him.

2) My brother handles what i tell him to handle in relations to the webstuff for any site handled by continuum designs. He makes no final decisions there of any kind. the rc stuff he is buying with his own money and selling are his. much like a resale customer who is tax exempt he can come in and buy what he wants for resale.

3) take a better look at that feedback. True i see some problems but i also see things no one could control:
a) one guy left bad feedback because he listed the item for auction.
b) one guy admits to paying after 21 days and then gripes about 11 days shipping
c) one guy didn't even pay!

I'm just reading the facts as they are presented there. I don't know anything concerning any of this in more detail than is there. but even then i see somethings that could not be avoided. an angel.... think not..... but at least go on the facts.

4) This point I will make loud and clear- I'M HERE WOODIE BECAUSE YOU DRAGGED ME IN HERE.PERIOD. I have read through all the emails and each time mike has been informed that jason is not affilated with discountrcparts. the sole reason I am handling this now is because you are choosing not to listen to the fact that jason is alone in this and his sale to you never in any way is a sale from us on this end. I can't make that clear enough. Since discount has been dragged into this I am therefore proteting my interests and must know attempt to correct this.

5) what exactly do you find ironic about the response i sent you today? First thing, your emial didn't even get read for while. Once i did read it i was confused as to what you were talking about; there were no sales to you... you name came up no where in our system here. What prompted me to look into it rather than discard it was the threat you made ( and yes it was a threat) about posting on your site. I responded to you pretty much when i found out what was going on in its entire scope. so not... it's not ironic that you got the email from me when you did..... i just had other stuff to attend to and didn't get to your email until later.

Mike, jason has an attitude problem....i know this and so do you. I read your end of this and while you were not off the deep end as much as he was, you were bucking pretty good there once and a while.

Whatever problem you guys have is up to you.... you did not buy this from discount, you did not pay discount rc for the product, we did not ship it to you, we did not run the auction. we have no legal link at all here; it was an independent sale from merchandise out his own stock.

I'm looking to make peace and get out of this in some sort decent way. I'm not coming to you in anyway other than man to man here. Print whatever you want about the sale, how bad it went, etc.... but take discountrc out of it. We did not sell it to you and you're making statements that are not factual and that is slander.

I'm sure you're amused by all this and that's fine; be amused and please take our name out of this. We didn't sell anything to you so we should not take the heat over this.

I'll deal with jason and see what i can work out to make sure no one ever "assumes" he is an agent of ours. But make no mistake....it was an ASSUMPTION made by mike alone..... he has no emails from discountrcparts.com other than the one i sent him, and no payment was made to any account (pay pal or otherwise) that went to discountrcparts.

Mike i'm just looking for the blame to be placed with the person that messed up in the first place... and that was not us.

that's because I OWN THEM BOTH. pay pal is just a method of payment...the account has a 300 + rating and that is good for business...... so that's that.

Last edited:
dear discountman,

Although you tried to clear your name, i don't think it worked. by all means, you did give it one hell of a try. and from what i see, and trust me, i've been watching this most of the day, you've been crawfishing. and if you don't know what crawfishing is, it's a texas term for trying to save your ass. sorry i got involved, but i just had to say my peace. the best thing for you to do is get rid of the brother and apologize for the inconvenience.

Originally posted by discountman
I'M HERE WOODIE BECAUSE YOU DRAGGED ME IN HERE.PERIOD.

I don't think you should try and blame Woodie for bringing you into this mess because you are the one who let your brother authorize/finalize the order, and now your trying to save your "good name". Just my $.02

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_biz-outside

According to the PayPal Business agreement, YOU, the PRIMARY are solely responsible for the actions on YOUR business account. Granted, nobody could hold PayPal responsible for your brothers actions, but at the same time, your brothers actions are your responsibility.

You have to provide a Tax I.D. number to open a paypal business account. Thus, the financial responsibility is yours as your business is the one receiving the monies for the product. Its like having a wholesale license and third parties who 'drop-ship' the products you sell. If the third party doesn't fulfill the sale, it is your job as the seller, to make things right.

You have the money according to PayPal. Not your brother.

If anything, you should make your brother setup his own account and then YOU wouldnt have to worry about the headache right? Its not worth it man. Family/Business just plain do not mix!

Discountman- You said your side of the issue. But here on the forum we are like a family. And I doubt that many of the users here are going to side with u. So give it up and end this mess. The facts are that the part is finally sent and your brother screwed up for u and himself. Plus no one here wants anything to do with u again.

Hey christian--I did. That means That whoever the account name is in IS responsible !! I have a paypal account and I am the sole responsible party no matter who uses the account.

god i hate crawfish....lol

I'm trying to get the truth out here..... period. As I stated I'm not trying to save sales or anything; if no one here buys ever we'll be just fine; it's your right to choose where you shop and I always encourage people to use it.

I can't apologize... it can never happen WE HAD NO HAND IN MAKING THIS SALE.

Is an apology really whateveryone here is after????? I can give you as many as you want and they will all be false in nature becasue we did not make this sale to mike. It's like me apologizing to that chick coby bryant screwed; I can apologize all you want but i had nothing to do with it so it's a worthless apology.

It's not up to me or discount rc to make this better; we can't do that. IF THIS WAS OUR SALE..... we could apologize for everything that happened and try to make it right. The fact of the matter is that this is not our sale; mike has misrepresent that in this post.... my brother does not work for discount rc or sell parts as an agent; he buys stuff with the intention of resale.... like thousands of other people. he screwed up here and mike dragged us in on it when we had no involvement in the sale at any point. it seems no one is reading that part of our message:depress:

the ebay account, the paypal account, everything involved is not discountrcparts. this is what i have been trying to say.

Man, If my brother pulled some poop like this and even got me involved in the slightest, I would whoop his ass! Then, I would yank him off of everything and put him 100% on his own. 100%, yep, 100%

Misrepresentation and Slander are pretty big accusations dont you think? Especially when YOU got the money.... Thats all I'm saying.

Christian,

you are mostly correct... however this was the point i was trying to make. The pay pal account is under continuum designs. Hold me responsible do whatever...... but you can't bash discount rc!

see my point?

if you want to say i'm responsible... fine... then tras jason and continuum designs. The simple fact is that i can blame woodie because this whole post is based on his ASSUMPTION that discount rc was involved.

My whole point has been that he has no proof of sale from discount rc. whether or not it was a mistake to let my brother use the account is not relevant; what is relavent is that jason screwed up and if you want to blame the pay pal account holder as well then fine..... blame continuum designs. trash it as much as you want.

but leave discountrc out cause there was no involovement. this is the point i am trying to make here over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back