Discount R/C - Buyer Beware!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you hear me blaming you at all?

I'm telling you that you are making the mistake of using the business of your brother to back DiscountRCParts.Com . If I place an order on YOUR site right now, the money goes to the exact same place. Get it? If someone was pulling shady stuff with an account that was on my website where my customers sent money, that account would be gone in 30 seconds flat.

But hey, thats just me.

THE SLANDER ISSUE IS NOT AT ALL INFLATED.

I sincerely wish my posts would actually get read...:bling:

I didn't get the money; I or discount r/c did not in any way profit from the direct sale to michael tabor AT ALL! Money goes in the account all the time....if it does not get transferred thenit's just a number on a computer. Again, proceeds from that sale were not disbusred to discount rcparts at all!

so no it's not a strong statement...we didn't get the money. the account was merely a clearing house for this transaction.... not one penny from the sale benfited us in anyway.

I keep trying to tell you guys we didn't do a thing in this.... it's all mike's assumption based on nothing.

So yeah, you would have to expect people to think something shady.

And based on 'nothing' is wayyy off base man. The fact that your site has the same damn paypal account would be enough to make me suspect of ANY site using that account. REGARDLESS of your facts.

So when people go to your site, and order something, they arent really doing business with you?

Originally posted by discountman
Hold me responsible do whatever...... but you can't bash discount rc!

Isn't there something called freedom of speech, I'm not quite sure that it exists, but I have heard rumors of it.

ok, discount, where's mike in all this? here you are trying to defend your company and your brother has not even come up and said a damn thing. i know you said you wouldn't let him speak until all this was over, well, bring him in and let him put in his 2 cents. and not one time have you said anything to resolve the problem other than "discountrc had nothing to do with it". it's apparent discountrc is affiliated with the problem in hand. what will be done about it? here i go again, butting my nose in where it shouldn't be, but i'm curious (aka nosey).

Well think about it, its great! So if someone sends money for a part on his site, and his brother decides not to give him the cash, then he can just sit there and say he never got it. And from the sound of his brother, thats probably what would really happen. But he chooses to be subjected to that possibility all the while admitting his brother is an ass.

imnotsure,
I don't really think that it qualifies as being nosey because this thread was to protest discountrc's poopy business and prevent it from happening to other people.

once again, they are both my companies..... not one of them belongs to my brother. he assists me on the continuum designs end.

and to answer you question no, not all the money goes to one place. Even if it did..... it's not important where it goes; it' important where it goes after i comes to the account. I could own 12 businesses and funnel the money as needed to however many accounts were on there.

The very simple fact is that the pay pal account in question was used to clear the money.... FINE; then jump on the pay pal account... it's continuum designs not discount rc!!!!

I can't make it any more clear than that. My brother bought the item with his own funds and sold it much later. Legally it's ended when i sold it to him according to my attorney. the link was severed there completely.

discountman is gay

Thats pretty bad when you need an attorney to find the loophole in the use of a PayPal account and who is responsible.

Bottom line question is this: Do you think its worth it now letting your brother use your account? Seriously.....

there is no freedom of speech when it's slander......

I'm not letting anyone hadnle this except me because i got pulle din to this. If i let jason post then this is just gonna be a flame war!

the money does not go to the same place. IF AND ONLY IF you want to use pay pal, the option can be used through continuum designs...for your convience. it's an established account in good standing so it benfits us to use it rather than starting a new account.

the item got sent and pay pal is famous for fruad protection so there is no "sitting back and pretending they never got the payment"

there are many things wrong with all this but there is no involvement from us here.

Guys, i have been on your end of this.... i know all you want is for us to drop to our knees and beg forgiveness... be honest; i know how this works. The problem is that we did not sell it, profit from it or anything and we are being accused of just that. an apology from us would be worthless..... and you all know it.

this is you: 1st you had your claws up trying to defend yourself.
now, you gave up, you're putting your claws down. you're just backing up, and backing up, etc.

567crawfish_6_bg_032603.jpg

christian,

you know that is not the issue...... we should have never been dragged into this. the whole reason mike ASSUMED that we were in on this is because he only offered pay pal as a payment option for an ad payment. I have a pay pal account and just paid for ease of payment. that's what pay pal is for... use when you need it. that is how he ASSUMED the connection when he bid on the auction....payment went to the same account where it was later cleared out to parties other than myself.

if one of the employees gets an account... lets say from mirage and starts selling parts out of their home.... how are we liable? they get the parts and sure they work for us but we are not the ones selling it. the same applies here: the items were sold to him for his own purpose..... the items we not drop shipped or anything. the last time we had our hands on the steering kit was when we sold it to him a month and a half ago.

imnotsure....

you wish man! :doc:

all that matters is that out name gets off this. it's not our deal and the only thing that matters is the false statements made get corrected.

Hey Discount - the statements are out there. There is no slander since you posted your side. A he said/he said pissing match wouldnt hold water.

Honestly, my involvement only stems from my observations. I have no personal interest in any of this.

And just because there are loopholes in the system doesn't make it right either. Like a corporation. If a corporation does something wrong you can only pursue the assets of the corp.. Not the CEO. Pretty nifty eh?

You said your peace, now let Mike get his in there.

Id still cutoff my brother if it were me. No way in hell would I even let it go on if there was a chance of him giving me a bad name. Look at the poop you have to deal with because of it.

you know, i got on nitroaddict's ass today for trashing this thread, you, and your company. that was before all this. i do 99% of my purchasing over the net. would i buy from discountrc after seeing this? no, i wouldn't. WHY? because i don't know if i'm buying from you or your brother. why should i take that chance? i have 100% pos. feedback rating on ebay. i don't buy anything or sell anything unless i have it in hand ready to send the following day. and i would damn sure NEVER let someone else use my account. it seems to have a tendency to cause you problems. i was told a long time ago by a man named tom easley, don't ever try to defend an indefensable battle. and i live by that. you need to think about that for a minute. admit you made a mistake and get over it.

Did the proceedes from these auctions also go to that paypal account?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=3139897053
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=3136252140
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=3136244122
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=3134340530

I've done a fair ammount of ebaying, and following the feedback trail can be interesting.

I've been folowing this thread from the begining, and I'm still confused about the we, us, Jason, discount rc, continuum (whatever), multiuser paypal account thing going on. When the term "clearing house" comes up in regards to an incomming cash account , a little red flag starts waving. Seems to me if "the setup" has other accounts for accounts payable, why have only one for accouns receivable for whatever group of companies exist on your part. Seems to me that an upstanding company (notice the non-plural tense) would use one account for both accounts receivable and payable.

christian....

the attorney was to find a loophole... it was to evaluate the course of action available against the slanderous statment. He's my attorney anyway...:hi: I already had access to him... just asked a few questions......

LOL! You got issues man. Especially if your attorney didnt tell you to cut your brother off from the account. Hes a shittier attorney than I thought.

Discountman,
How many words have you used to try to exonerate your self?
Several thousand?

You need to learn to SHUT THE fiddlesticks UP, Eat Crow for about 2 seconds, and move on.

Don’t you think a letter like this would have put a rest to the situation?

Michael,
I apologize that circumstances beyond my control have interfered with our business relationship. I can assure you that I am doing everything possible to make sure this wont happen to anyone else in the future. I’m sorry that you got caught in the middle of an unforeseeable mishap. What if anything can I do to repair our relationship?

With all Sincerity,
Discount Man.

Your in business now SON, learn when to byte you frigging tong and trade your 5th grade sandbox mentality for some common business practices.

I wont bore you with my credentials in business practices but rest assured they are vast.

If you truly want to put an end to this NOW! PM me and I will let you see the error of your ways.

- Ed

Originally posted by discountman
the attorney was to find a loophole...

Nice, the faith-o-meter just keeps on droping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back