Diesel dogs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering if there are any diesel truck owners (addicts) out there? If so... let us know brand, year, mods...

Just wondering if there are any diesel truck owners (addicts) out there? If so... let us know brand, year, mods...
drove them in army, many many years ago. but i am a mopar guy. so my bias, prejudice kicks in, get dodge cummins.

Sold this:
IMG_0331.jpg

To buy and build this:
BFFFCDFD-DF86-4B18-A27E-5CD7557D70F4_zpsj96fdab5.jpg

An old International, I had to "break" the brakes free every morning because it's been Guam so long.

DSC01935.jpg

'97 Dodge with a Cummins, and (probably) a mid to late '90s Hyster

walking_bombs2.jpg

Shouldn't you have started with your truck? You buy it and then disappear, @Rolex was working on the add for the milk carton.

Mines no 6.4 likes your @MudSlinger33 but I drive a 7.3 lightly modded and chipped. I want a 6.0 bulletproofed but that will be down the road.

Maybe one day ^^^.

2010 F250 4wd 6.4. Running H&S tuner 310hp with mbrp 4" exhaust Airaid intake Sitting on 35" Terragrapplers.

Of course schrode! Where are my manners. 08 f350 6.4. Spartan tuned, 5" mbrp, 4" AFE down pipe, RCD egr delete, Sinister intske elbow, mishimoto intercooler boots, S&B intake, 35" Toyo A/T tires, 2.5" leveling kit, bilstein shocks. I hope to get arp studs and turbos soon.

us dodge dakota guys keep wishing dodge would put the cummins 4 cyl in the dakota. BUT NOOOOOOO.
Go buy a 4bt and do it yourself. Haha

2010 F250 4wd 6.4. Running H&S tuner 310hp with mbrp 4" exhaust Airaid intake Sitting on 35" Terragrapplers.
How do you like your h&s? I liked the fact it was shift on the fly but I was more drawn towards the dashdaq that spartan uses.

Mines no 6.4 likes your @MudSlinger33 but I drive a 7.3 lightly modded and chipped. I want a 6.0 bulletproofed but that will be down the road.
I used to drive a 99 7.3. You can't ask for a more reliable engine. I know the 6.0's can make some good power with the right mods. I was looking at an 07 before I bought the 6.4... Then I realised all the work that needed to be done to make it bulletproof.

Last edited:
I really like the h&s. I was torn between that and the Spartan for a while. The shift on the fly and small size of the minimax did it for me.

I had an 03 6.0. Blewbthe head gaskets with a superchips programmer. Weak design. My 6.4 is a lot faster.

6.0 is one of the baddest engines around IF you do whats needed to them. Stud-delete-tune will make it a keeper. Luckily if I ever get one my brother specializes in the 6.0, powerstrokes in general but the 6.0 is his sweet spot so hopefully I'll get a discount on laber lol.

6.0 is one of the baddest engines around IF you do whats needed to them. Stud-delete-tune will make it a keeper. Luckily if I ever get one my brother specializes in the 6.0, powerstrokes in general but the 6.0 is his sweet spot so hopefully I'll get a discount on laber lol.
That would be a build I would love to see!

That would be a build I would love to see!
i just looked up the specs on the cummins 4BT. 3.9 / 239 ci. bore 4.02 / stroke 4.72. it is the same ci as my dodge V6 but in 4 cyl. the stroke is much more than even a chrysler 440. i think this means better low speed torque. course there are so many differences between gas and diesel making compairacens is not easy. but i would like to have a 4.72 stroke at low speeds, no mater the fuel. the other diesels my friends listed here iam sure are good one.

Of course torque is the advantage that diesel has....
I'm not a dodge fan, but this twin turbo dakota is BA!

That eco-boost gasser is nothing to screw with. Its a bad ass motor.

That's for sure! Probably one of the only gas engines i would be proud to own!

Ford's offering the Eco-Boost 3.5 in all of its Police Interceptors now.

Back