Diesel dogs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its an option for them. Along with awd and limited slip front and rear.

i just looked up the specs on the cummins 4BT. 3.9 / 239 ci. bore 4.02 / stroke 4.72. it is the same ci as my dodge V6 but in 4 cyl. the stroke is much more than even a chrysler 440. i think this means better low speed torque. course there are so many differences between gas and diesel making compairacens is not easy. but i would like to have a 4.72 stroke at low speeds, no mater the fuel. the other diesels my friends listed here iam sure are good one.
The 4bt is the same bore and stroke as the 6bt. Which is the 5.9 dodge engine. The 4 bt is found in a lot of panel trucks UPS Bread trucks, tater chip trucks. They have different adapters to fit different transmissions. Including Chevy turbo 350. It is becoming a common engine to swap into Jeeps and 1/2 tons. There is also an Isuzu that can be swapped in as well, can't remember what model it is.

I've never seen one swapped into a jeep.

I have to say I like my dodges. I had a 2006 ram that was tuned to 520hp with cold air intake and a 4" straight pipe exhaust (it was loud) 0 to 60mph in just under 10sec. Now I have a 2011 Ram tuned to around 400hp with duel 4" exhaust.
IMG_0006 (1024x676).jpg

IMG_0024.JPG

Light weight and good torque, but Id rather have a littel more displacement than a 4bt.

I have to say I like my dodges. I had a 2006 ram that was tuned to 520hp with cold air intake and a 4" straight pipe exhaust (it was loud) 0 to 60mph in just under 10sec. Now I have a 2011 Ram tuned to around 400hp with duel 4" exhaust.
View attachment 14982
View attachment 14983
Nice looking truck Jack... how do you like the 6.7?

Last edited:
I like it. the 6.7 stock felt like the 5.9 with an 80hp chip. Now that I have removed the exhaust filter and the regen system and put the duel exhaust on, I love it. Did I forget the JAKE BREAK? There is nothing better then pretending you a simi truck going down hills

I am in love with the twin turbo 12 valve JK that mbrp built, which was recently sold. I Wonder what the price tag was on this beast!

I found my next project...
I'm loving the diesel rat rods!

Back