Ok you 2nd amendment guys, I have a question? Look like Mike’s car where was it on the news?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
So I have 04 Lincoln Navigator that’s just been sitting. Guy offered a SKS and a BP-12.. I don’t know much on the BP-12? I started to look it up. Wondering if they are good??

The 04 Lincoln Navigators have bad bad issues with the rear IRS diffs. Anything is better. I'd take a Arrma Kraton for a trade. Those are good guns tho. I agree with Chubaka. Only way I'll buy a used gun is from a credited licensed gun dealer/store.

So I have 04 Lincoln Navigator that’s just been sitting. Guy offered a SKS and a BP-12.. I don’t know much on the BP-12? I started to look it up. Wondering if they are good??

If you go for the trade do the transfer through a local FFL (licensed dealer). That way there's a record of the sale and transfer in the event they are stolen or used in a previous crime you can't be held accountable.

Both of these are cheapo guns, money wise. Not great quality wise, but works fine. I wouldn't depend on them as defensive weapons. Too unreliable. But, fun at the range!
The SKS is essentially an AK47 clone and is powerful af. The BP12 is a Turkish built semi auto shotgun. It comes standard with 5 round mags, but you can get 10, 20, and I think even a 50r drum. I have essentially the same thing under the ATI brand. A lot of fun for a stupid low retail price of $350!
0507221241c.jpg

Both of these are cheapo guns, money wise. Not great quality wise, but works fine. I wouldn't depend on them as defensive weapons. Too unreliable. But, fun at the range!
The SKS is essentially an AK47 clone and is powerful af. The BP12 is a Turkish built semi auto shotgun. It comes standard with 5 round mags, but you can get 10, 20, and I think even a 50r drum. I have essentially the same thing under the ATI brand. A lot of fun for a stupid low retail price of $350!
View attachment 187172
I don't know much about the BP 12. The SKS is a great rifle. NOT an AK clone, it's the predecessor to the AK. I would trust an SKS to defend my life, more so than most modern rifles. It's been battle proven. I own a couple of each variety of SK's and their value differs greatly from one varient to another. If it's numbers matching, meaning not pieced together from parts, and un modified, they can be pretty valuable. I was at a local gunshow recently and beat up SK's were selling in the 1k range.

My opinion differs greatly from some of the above. I wont hesitate to biy a used firearm as long as I can inspect it. I have a friend in law enforcement that will run the #s for me to verify its not stolen. I would never waste my time and money on an FFL transfer to buy used guns. The less uncle sam knows, the better. JMHO

If you go for the trade do the transfer through a local FFL (licensed dealer). That way there's a record of the sale and transfer in the event they are stolen or used in a previous crime you can't be held accountable.
I have a local gun dealer I deal with that I would take the guns into with the owner for clearance.

I know SKS are good rifles I built one in the past have also owned AKs. Really want a Bushmaster AR though. Have to save my moneys for that though.

If you get me more info on the SK, I can give you a pretty accurate value.

If you get me more info on the SK, I can give you a pretty accurate value.
Ok thanks

I don't know much about the BP 12. The SKS is a great rifle. NOT an AK clone, it's the predecessor to the AK. I would trust an SKS to defend my life, more so than most modern rifles. It's been battle proven. I own a couple of each variety of SK's and their value differs greatly from one varient to another. If it's numbers matching, meaning not pieced together from parts, and un modified, they can be pretty valuable. I was at a local gunshow recently and beat up SK's were selling in the 1k range.

My opinion differs greatly from some of the above. I wont hesitate to biy a used firearm as long as I can inspect it. I have a friend in law enforcement that will run the #s for me to verify its not stolen. I would never waste my time and money on an FFL transfer to buy used guns. The less uncle sam knows, the better. JMHO
I agree with Uncle Sam know to much, as taking gun rights away and banning certain rifles smh 🤦

Interesting. I'm not an AK guy, so I can't dispute it. I just recall around early 1990's when these things were selling for only $200, and people were in a frenzy buying them. I recall hearing that they were cheap Chinese knock-offs of the renowned Kalashnikov rifles.
A coworker had one and let me tried it out. That 7.62 caliber is a beast!

Interesting. I'm not an AK guy, so I can't dispute it. I just recall around early 1990's when these things were selling for only $200, and people were in a frenzy buying them. I recall hearing that they were cheap Chinese knock-offs of the renowned Kalashnikov rifles.
A coworker had one and let me tried it out. That 7.62 caliber is a beast!
In the 90's I bought at least a dozen for sub $200 and most of them came with bulk ammo. I'm pretty shocked at what they sell for now. Also pretty pleased since I could sell one for what I paid for a dozen.

The SK, in my opinion, is a better platform than the AK. Machined steel vs. Stamped. The SK is far more accurate, and has a more reliable gas system. Not to say AK's aren't reliable, just not as reliable.

Both are good rifles and your right, the 7.62x39 is a great cartridge and still pretty cheap to shoot.

In the 90's I bought at least a dozen for sub $200 and most of them came with bulk ammo. I'm pretty shocked at what they sell for now. Also pretty pleased since I could sell one for what I paid for a dozen.

The SK, in my opinion, is a better platform than the AK. Machined steel vs. Stamped. The SK is far more accurate, and has a more reliable gas system. Not to say AK's aren't reliable, just not as reliable.

Both are good rifles and your right, the 7.62x39 is a great cartridge and still pretty cheap to shoot.
The very first time I shot my coworker's SKS, I had no idea of the recoil. I was aiming through the optic and this scope just about took out my right eyeball when it recoiled.

Speaking of guns, I went in my LGS about a month ago & was looking to get a CC 9mm. I ended up really digging the Canik MC9. Not quite a CC, but is what I'm looking for & a great $. Canik is with Century Arms.

Back