Bigger is better!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious what those tires looked like after that run šŸ˜†
it's actually not as bad as you would think! I can get at least 5 packs out of a set of tires. Rotating them helps a lot and honestly I think the surface is so smooth and dusty compared to a road that it helps a ton with the life of the tires. At least thats what I have convinced myself of. šŸ¤£

it's actually not as bad as you would think! I can get at least 5 packs out of a set of tires. Rotating them helps a lot and honestly I think the surface is so smooth and dusty compared to a road that it helps a ton with the life of the tires. At least thats what I have convinced myself of. šŸ¤£
And how much are the tires?

And how much are the tires?
A pair of tires is about 65$ so 130$ for 4.

Damn the more I think about it the more I think my 5 pack estimate was way off. I think on my rovan f5 I've never even changed the tires yet and on the xr5 rally car I've only changed them once. Out of those 4 tires one of them was 100% done and the other 3 I could get another pack or two out of so I saved em as worn spares lol. I'm going to change my estimate to about 10 packs! I should really keep track next time I put some fresh ones on.

So even at 10 packs, that's roughly $13/run. Holy cow!
haha I've never in my life thought about running rc's in that way. I just know these big things provide such a rush and excitement that I can't get enough. I think it also helps that I have like 4 big on road rigs that all have the same tires so each set feels like they last even longer as I'm not always driving the same rig.

Or maybe I'm just spoiled? šŸ¤£

Isn't that still cheaper than a pack of smokes, though? šŸ˜†
No. My cigars are less than $2/pack, and a pack lasts me 2 days šŸ˜‰

Got me thinking 13$ for a day of fun is kind of cheap tbh. šŸ¤£
But that's $13 for maybe 10 minutes of fun šŸ˜„

Not knocking it. I'd love to have one myself. But I couldn't afford to drive it. Same reason I can't afford to buy a Felony or Infraction. Tires are just so ridiculoudly priced for RC's.

No. My cigars are less than $2/pack, and a pack lasts me 2 days šŸ˜‰

But that's $13 for maybe 10 minutes of fun šŸ˜„

Not knocking it. I'd love to have one myself. But I couldn't afford to drive it. Same reason I can't afford to buy a Felony or Infraction. Tires are just so ridiculoudly priced for RC's.
to be fair, I think I get at least 20-30 minutes of driving time depending on how I'm driving. I've actually never had the car die on me from empty lipos. I'm always ready to go before that happens. Funny enough, I do pretty good with infaction/felony tires too. I know some people literally only get 1 or 2 packs out of a set of those tires and mine last way longer than that.

I actually just ordered some hard compound tires for the big rig and I'm excited to see how long they last. They only sold soft and medium before and I know the harder the compound the longer the life.

I'm not a smoker, so just going by cigarette signs at gas stations.
Both combined are a hella a lot cheaper than when I go to the gun range!
My friend is still a diehard Marlboro smoker. At $9.50/pack and a pack a day... holy cow.

It was $5 a pack when I quit. $20 a day is the reason I'm on oxygen.
Dumbest thing I've ever done and the results unfortunately are coming sooner than I hoped.

I'm not a smoker, so just going by cigarette signs at gas stations.
Both combined are a hella a lot cheaper than when I go to the gun range!
Yep. I shot three in three different classes Saturday, and it cost me about $100 with entry fees for 120 targets, plus sighters. And that's for .22lr.