Going big now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yes I'm 14 but I got dreams🤣 I've been watching the large scale RCs on youtube for a long time so I'd love to try out something completely different now, like a kraken vekta. Are these solid, do they break often? I could get a 32cc like-new for an ok price but will this get expensive? Just the rear axles being worth $500 gets me kinda worried. If it's more of a one time investment then it's ok (I don't drive my RCs hard etc, never broke anything due to bad driving past 4 years) (except once with the maxx)
This could come true for me if I get good grades for the testweek that just ended, then I can get the profile I wanted, so lets hope😃
Would there be a better option out there than a vekta?

I always wanted a Primal RC Raminator
MTRkneel.jpg

Same but thats like 5 times my budget lmao

Yes I'm 14 but I got dreams🤣 I've been watching the large scale RCs on youtube for a long time so I'd love to try out something completely different now, like a kraken vekta. Are these solid, do they break often? I could get a 32cc like-new for an ok price but will this get expensive? Just the rear axles being worth $500 gets me kinda worried. If it's more of a one time investment then it's ok (I don't drive my RCs hard etc, never broke anything due to bad driving past 4 years) (except once with the maxx)
This could come true for me if I get good grades for the testweek that just ended, then I can get the profile I wanted, so lets hope😃
I like the big size myself. But I stopped at 6s. Seems to me after that they break. 🤷‍♂️ Not saying the 8s are junk. They may be better for you. The fun part is choosing.:cool:.

Yes it can get very expensive, but I recommend you purchase a Rovin Baja 5b.
Awesome rigs and somewhat affordable. There are a ton of parts available and I have yet to break anything
other than replacing the cheap servo's with some good ones.
I have two of them, one is a RTR but modded some and the other is a custom built Baja.
Currently being rebuilt as we speak but almost finished.

Check out Fearless RC

Would it be any different from the HPI baja 5b 23cc (perhaps 26cc as I got a spare block)? I have it for a month or two now but it's 3rth or 4th in the row for getting repaired🤣 it moved one step into the right position tho, you can see my recent thread i posted.

Yes yes yes, I think I should repair all this first before even thinking about getting a .88 meter long RC🤣🤣 it's just that it's so different and huge. Never had anything with solid rear axles too. Perhaps I could go very big once, like 80cc or 96cc. But that's very far from now lol. Currently it's a big question whether I'll even buy it, just thinking rn

I like the big size myself. But I stopped at 6s. Seems to me after that they break. 🤷‍♂️ Not saying the 8s are junk. They may be better for you. The fun part is choosing.:cool:.
Sorry but with 6s you mean 1/6th scale or 6 cell LiPo? This is gas. I love my FG truck and I could stare at the yet non-working baja for hours, large scale is kinda becoming my favorite side of the hobby👍

Last edited:
Would it be any different from the HPI baja 5b 23cc (perhaps 26cc as I got a spare block)? I have it for a month or two now but it's 3rth or 4th in the row for getting repaired🤣 it moved one step into the right position tho, you can see my recent thread i posted.

Yes yes yes, I think I should repair all this first before even thinking about getting a .88 meter long RC🤣🤣 it's just that it's so different and huge. Never had anything with solid rear axles too. Perhaps I could go very big once, like 80cc or 96cc. But that's very far from now lol. Currently it's a big question whether I'll even buy it, just thinking rn

Sorry but with 6s you mean 1/6th scale or 6 cell LiPo? This is gas. I love my FG truck and I could stare at the yet non-working baja for hours, large scale is kinda becoming my favorite side of the hobby👍
He means 6S batteries, which are typically 8th scale.

Tunedfrog is your guy for Rovan info. His are sick builds. But he's like a woman going out to dinner. He can't make up his mind how he wants to dress them up 😄

They are a clone of the HPI baja 5b, my RTR came with a 30.5cc and my custom built I put in a 36cc engine.
Obviously the bigger the engine the more expensive it's going to be.
They are a lot of fun to run but they are nowhere near as fast as a Vekta.5 is.
That's the pro's and con's I guess.

6s is the largest I want to do. It makes me 😁 . After that.🤷‍♂️. I don't know.🏁. That's the fun of this hobby.🤣. I forgot I do have an 8s Limitless, that I forgot about. 🏁

Last edited:
I couldn't say for sure but video more or less proved that to me.
I'm sure the baja 5b is a lot heavier.

Good tip! I hit my shin with my grom a couple of weeks ago and it still smarts. :p
Do that with a Rovan 5b and the only smarts you'd be feeling is ghost pains 😅

Do that with a Rovan 5b and the only smarts you'd be feeling is ghost pains 😅

Don't I know it! I'm glad it wasn't one of my 6S rigs.

Stupid thing is I'm usually careful about this, but hit a squirrel hole, and it got well...uh..squirrely. 🤣

Don't I know it! I'm glad it wasn't one of my 6S rigs.

Stupid thing is I'm usually careful about this, but hit a squirrel hole, and it got well...uh..squirrely. 🤣
I almost ran over Breydon a couple times with the Granite. That thing is so fast, and it has such a short wheelbase that it changes directions unexpectedly like a housefly. Fortunately it doesn't weigh too much, but I know it would hurt like hell to get hit with it.

Last edited:
Ran straight into my ankle with my race buggy. Forgot that I was driving and forget to hit the brakes. 32mph to 0 mph. That hurt. Cause the front of that thing is metal.

Ran into myself with the rustler and slash a couple times. Good thing those got beefy RPM front bumpers.

Ran into myself with the Mini B. Yea, the Mini B. Ran into my toe. Ouch.

Can't say I have ran into myself with the TT02. Thing ain't got tires yet! 🤣 🫠

Back