Kyosho Fazer MK2 66 Chevy truck build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gragner66

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
With all the different cars offered on the Fazer MK2 platform I thought they would be a ton of info on people working on these There’s a few but not much. So I thought I’d share my build.

I’ve done all the body modifications I think that will be done to it. Added some minor touches here and there to make a little more scale. Do need to find some way to secure the wiring for the lights

The first thing was a bed cover. That’s a lot of Sears green for us old schoolers to on the tuck so I added a carbon fiber ned cover

IMG_8594.png

IMG_8593.png

IMG_8595.png

IMG_8763.jpeg

IMG_8764.jpeg

Great looking truck @gragner66
The Fazer MK2 is a awesome street machine. Mine is topped with a El Camino but the body is a touch too long. .

The new wheels looks good, but I like the original much better.......but, it's not my truck 🙂

Now to take on the chassis. Other than motor choice, shocks and servo most all the upgrades are Kyosho. I’ve got the carbon fiber kit and shocks.

IMG_8519.jpeg

IMG_8554.jpeg

Great looking truck @gragner66
The Fazer MK2 is an awesome street machine. Mine is topped with a El Camino but the body is a touch too long. .
The chassis comes in two different lengths. Mine is long. I bet yours is the short one. I have the Protoform 71 trans am body and it’s coming up short. Gonna take some xtra trim work to make it fit.

The chassis comes in two different lengths. Mine is long. I bet yours is the short one. I have the Protoform 71 trans am body and it’s coming up short. Gonna take some xtra trim work to make it fit.
That's what I'm thinking. No worries though, I don't run it much, I'm more into crawling and occasional bashing.

Ok so it’s not Brembo or Willwood calipers. But Rips are just as good. Lol. Which u like best. Black side or white side. All I could find on a decal sheet that would fit!

IMG_8807.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg

IMG_8810.jpeg

IMG_8812.jpeg

IMG_8813.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg

So it was a cold wet Saturday again and give me time to do some RC work. Got stabilizer bars installed on chassis and found some old style under flow lights. Not as bright as some of todays kits but I’m gonna mock them up and see how they work.

IMG_8886.jpeg

IMG_8887.jpeg

IMG_8888.jpeg

IMG_8889.jpeg

Back